The "OP" tags.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone didn't noticed.... (I DID) There is a new indicator of the "OP" In each topic. Is found at the left where the user profile info is. It stands for original postet, The one who created the topic/thread, it is there only for this reasons so if you see it you know who made it. I just wanted to point that out. :D

I think is a very cosmetic thing but i suppose is useful too. So if anyone didn't know, now you know, and knowing is half the battle. The more you know the better. :teach:

Reactions: CeeDee

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised you guys noticed already.

This new feature is a WIP. There's still some tweaking to do to it, and this may not be the final implementation of it either.

Hey, I've got a suggestion. Why not place it like this...

upload_2016-9-4_14-16-29.png

or
upload_2016-9-4_14-20-5.png

A bit less space wasted. Looks nicer, in my opinion.

Last edited by CeeDee,

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's nice, i noticed it just a few minutes ago too, although i don't know if it is obvious enough?
i'm not sure if everyone would notice it. but yeah, thanks mods.

That's actually one of the things under discussion right now, alternatives that can be done that are more obvious than the current implementation.

View attachment 61419
or
View attachment 61420

The problem with I can see with these (even more so on the former) is that since the user card has a fixed width, putting the OP tag there is going to push people's names onto two lines at times, possibly even worse than it already is for people who have long names.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
yes those are some good suggestions. This is still work in progress of course

we are experimenting a few upgrades on the forum this month, there are more coming, stay tuned ;)
Oh can't wait to see what's coming :)

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with I can see with these (even more so on the former) is that since the user card has a fixed width, putting the OP tag there is going to push people's names onto two lines at times, possibly even worse than it already is for people who have long names.
Can't be much worse than now...

Anyhow, what about this?
upload_2016-9-4_17-31-25.png

roms are coming back? i can't wait!
No, the site's revamping to enhance on the News and Reviews sections, catered towards PSVita and weeb gamers, removing unnecessary, irrelevant forums like Hacking & Homebrew and Edge of Forums.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Anyhow, what about this?
View attachment 61469
This OP positioning is perfect to me. I just wonder if it can actually be implemented.
No, the site's revamping to enhance on the News and Reviews sections, catered towards PSVita and weeb gamers, removing unnecessary, irrelevant forums like Hacking & Homebrew and Edge of Forums.
lol.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if the green online banner could, this probably could too, I'd imagine.

I blame Chary and the anti-furries
Don't be dissin' my womanly friend @Chary I'll go get her. She got click bait, don't mess with her charms.... Lolipops. :creep:

Anyway, I dunno if this is a big deal or not but to me it is. "OP" as in original poster. Could maybe add a T beween it for "Original Topic Poster" Or OTC for "Original Topic creator" The T can stand for either topic or thread. (Personally i prefer topic since that what it is as thread remind me of clothing and needles) Is the same situation with comments and post. You post a comment, so is a "Either or" Kind of situation.

Not that it actually matters or benefit anything besides adding one extra letter. Also make it gold, then people will feel special about themselfs for once.^_^

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that this is an issue:
Screenshot_20160904-204627.png

Gs6 on Chrome.
It's still a nice feature!

View attachment 61419
or
View attachment 61420

Anyhow, what about this?
View attachment 61469

Lol nice inspect element @CeeDee. I personally nice the mock-up with Costello in it better. (In the positioning)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still trying to understand for the people using mobile devices with android, as i am using one.... That is considered mobile myself and not receiving issue as stated earlier. The thing i notice is just like in the shared screen shots, the Positioning of the user profile is different than mine, as everything is on the left side like desktop instead of on the top of the comment. So i dunno why that is, while i seem to not have this problem. Again as you can see here.

I would suggest maybe using landscape mode or changing accessability options in web browser, or android device settings. Or request desktop mode. Maybe even a different browser to be sure.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's going to have to do with screen/window resolution, which will be influenced by device orientation. 1440p screen (Nexus 6P), portrait it obscures the OP tag, landscape it does not.

Putting it into desktop mode isn't going to fix it, because there isn't actually a "mobile" version of the site - Xenforo just scales and rearranges it based off of your screen resolution. Take a desktop browser window and start making it tall and narrow and it'll scale the same way.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP

Anyhow, what about this?
View attachment 61469

this looks pretty good, I'll try to see if it can be done

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I have a made a change on the OP tag display.
Looks OK to me now on:
- desktop / computer
- mobile (iphone) when using landscape display

however when I browse on mobile (iphone) in portrait mode, I don't see the OP tags at all, they completely disappear.
can anyone try and let me know how it looks like now?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Looks OK to me now on:
- desktop / computer

however when I browse on mobile (iphone) in portrait mode, I don't see the OP tags at all, they completely disappear.
Looks good here on Desktop with Chrome.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Looks OK to me now on:
- desktop / computer

This is what I get
Screenshot_2016-09-07-06-49-44.png Screenshot_2016-09-07-06-49-52.png

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1