Gaming The only reason why I don't want to get Super Street Fighter..

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
is because I know i'll get demolished online and I don't really have anyone local to play with
frown.gif

Ridge Racer, Pilot Wings or Rayman it is then!
frown.gif

Anyone else the same?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Feels Good Man said:
is because I know i'll get demolished online and I don't really have anyone local to play with
frown.gif
surely you can use the cheaty shortcut buttons on the bottom screen to perform special moves and such?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
Feels Good Man said:
frown.gif
surely you can use the cheaty shortcut buttons on the bottom screen to perform special moves and such?

I'm pretty sure the online is divided into "lol i suck at fighting games" and "Excuse me while I mash out some ridiculous combo as Akuma because I'm a prick" modes.

I'd probably feel the same if I was fighting it but you can always keep practicing and there's some single player stuff. It's pretty silly to base a game with a heavy reliance on multiplayer honestly. I think they added some unlockables or something.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, you're not the only one who sucks at fighting games. :3 I can't perform combos to save my own life.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
mercluke said:
Feels Good Man said:
frown.gif
If you use those you'll get raped even worse.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm exactly the same but the touch screens should help us. If we still completely suck well lets stick to other genres post launch. haha

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I'm generally pretty bad at fighting games, but the touch screen instant attacks really do make things a lot easier. I come from old-school Street Fighter days (before any of this Cammy/T-Hawk/Dee Jay/Fei Long crap) and we simply didn't have the super punishing moves that the new games do. As I struggle to catch up, being able to simply tap a button with my thumb helps balance things out a lot when you move into the higher difficulty chains.

Even if you're not great at fighting games, it's a pretty beautiful looking game, and it was one of the cheapest at launch (besides Puzzle Bobble 3D). I won't fight you on Pilotwings, but Street Fighter is pretty worthwhile.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont need this game because I have it for PS3. I dont need 3DS until there are better 3rd party games first. The Wii sure fooled me when 3rd party supported it then decide to abandon it. I m not going to fall for 3DS as well.

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RockmanForte said:
I dont need this game because I have it for PS3. I dont need 3DS until there are better 3rd party games first. The Wii sure fooled me when 3rd party supported it then decide to abandon it. I m not going to fall for 3DS as well.

Well, there ARE a lot of third party support but most of the stuff that comes out is crap.

Anyway, let's not get off topic here

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
RockmanForte said:
Cool story, bro.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I've never been good at Capcom fighting games.
If it was a Tekken or Soul Calibur game I would have bought it for sure.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly not a big fan of Street Fighter, not sure why it just doesn't do it for me. DoA though... *drool* that and Soul Calibur are the games I like when it comes to fighters. I think it's more I want to actually fight, not see who fails first at hadoken spam. (Hint: I can barely even do a hadoken.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol