The Nintendo Wii U turns 5 years old

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Nov 18, 2017.

1. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    You are right. I am going to say that myself because I dont care about Wii U, lol!

BlueFox gui likes this.
  2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    A lot of the third party ports were absolute garbage, performing worse than their previous gen iterations. Ubisoft games running 15-20 fps didn't do sales any favors.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    While I certainly like to see a good job done I am not sure I am going to let Nintendo off the hook just yet.

The others seem to enforce a measure of quality control and performance parity, and if the incentives were properly done I am sure it would have been better still.

4. bennyman123abc

bennyman123abc Master of the Script Kiddies

Mar 21, 2013
    United States
    Training some more Script Kiddies
    The Wii U is, by far, my favorite Nintendo console that I own. I do not own the Switch yet, which might be a game changer for me. Once Homebrew was released, the Wii U could pretty much do anything that a Nintendo fanboy would want it to. My venture into the Wii U library began the Christmas of 2014. I got the Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD package which came with the free, downloadable Zelda Historia book along with a downloadable copy of the game, The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD. I also got Mario Kart 8 that Christmas, and to this very day, I play the HELL out of that game with over 1200 hours logged on that game alone. That game is the one game my Sister and I don't try to kill each other over. After a while, the virtual console selection became quite interesting with the introduction of Wii and Nintendo DS VC titles. The only good DS VC title released, in my opinion, was Mario Kart DS. That was one of the only Mario Kart games that I actually ENJOYED battle mode on. It also had an amazing mission mode that enticed my Mom to play it while I was in pre-school. As mentioned in the OP, Splatoon was a pretty good game. I only have around 50 hours logged on that game because I never got into it too much. Alongside the title library however, there is the homebrew scene. That homebrew scene is why I joined the Temp in the first place (Well, came back to it in 2016). After the homebrew itself got a tad bit stale, the vWii homebrew allowed for the playing of GameCube games. I beat Super Mario Sunshine for the first time after 13 years by playing it on the Wii U. In fact, I don't know how that game didn't get a port to a newer console like Super Mario 64 did. Super Mario Sunshine is a classic in my opinion. Now that the Wii U has hit the EOL, I kind of feel upset. The Wii U had one last kicker that also made it to the Switch known as, The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (Which made game of the year! *screes*). After that however, Nintendo dropped support for the Wii U and left it to die in the grave they dug for it. However, the Wii U will still live on in the eyes of fans like myself. I apologize for this line of text but, I am writing this on the world's smallest Chromebook.

DarthDub likes this.