Hacking The next step after GW 2.0?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
something i think should be added, would be dumping and restoring retail cart saves
yeah, they said they would give us rom dumping, from a technical viewpoint i am sure save dumping and restoring would be a small job for them :)
but whether they do it is another thing, ha

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah, they said they would give us rom dumping, from a technical viewpoint i am sure save dumping and restoring would be a small job for them :)
but whether they do it is another thing, ha
they have already basically done it with how the gateway card deals with saves atm...but it only does it with the actual gateway card, but im sure the method would be pretty much the same (the fact that running diagnostics with a retail cart in wipes saves pretty much confirms it :lol:)

jcote1321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Next step after 2.0? I'd be happy if only we had 2.0 :P

Amen to that brother. I personally am only waiting for Pokemon X/Y to work, my son has been waiting for months to play them on his Gateway cartridge. Multi-ROM is a nice feature, but I already bought a bunch of micro-SD cards, so it doesn't really affect me at this point.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well then, beat me to it I see. xD

Otherwise, yeah, there's definitely still plenty of stuff Gateway can implement, so we shouldn't be worrying about a shortage of features to come just yet.

Reactions: gamesquest1

alex_fr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the next step after 2.0 (if we actually get there anyway lol) is to decrypt newer sdk games. probably won't be easy.
Decrypting old games could be useful too, for modding/hacking. I want to see that.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
pokemon X&Y become boring as hell without the online features. I suggest you guys to buy it, if you want to play it... just one game, come on, lol

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
isnt the biggest size of a 3DS cart only 4GB so FAT32 will hold up to that much wont need to split
They can be bigger according to the specification, there haven't been any so far though.

I'd say after 2.0 the 7.0 thing should be fixed at least. Whether it will is another matter entirely.

Enigma Hall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the size of the micro sd will not be the problem. PSP for example, when the dual adaptors come out the people salling it said only suport two of 32gb, but it suport two of 64gb. Is nice to have 128gb to play psp games (But for some reason the system cut some, and recognize 106gb if i remember, istill good.).
Some cellphones say 32gb micro sd is the limit, but also work with 64gb.

As GW was said 64gb micro sd cards will work.

Reactions: cearp

Enigma Hall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, the thread begin speaking of the GW failure about release dates, but is about what people think of what will come after.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2 things I would like to see after 2.0 is online features working with roms, and the ability to downgrade the 3DS firmware back to 4.5 or lower. Having compatibility for 5.0+ would be nice but that may never happen if nobody can find an exploit.
Since there is an exploit for 4.5 and lower, it may be more feasible to just find a way to downgrade to an exploitable firmware such as with the PS3 scene especially in the off chance of accidental updating (without having to use the hardware mod to downgrade). I would also like to be able to pull out my old acekard again and use it on my 3DS XL if it's possible to downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2 things I would like to see after 2.0 is online features working with roms, and the ability to downgrade the 3DS firmware back to 4.5 or lower. Having compatibility for 5.0+ would be nice but that may never happen if nobody can find an exploit.
Since there is an exploit for 4.5 and lower, it may be more feasible to just find a way to downgrade to an exploitable firmware such as with the PS3 scene especially in the off chance of accidental updating (without having to use the hardware mod to downgrade). I would also like to be able to pull out my old acekard again and use it on my 3DS XL if it's possible to downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3.

True I still have faith in the hackers, and there has been someone who gotten more info on the 3ds programming but there hasn't been any news after 3 updates about that so it could still be possible but I maybe only hope on this

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope 2.0 will include game dumping. After that, pf, maybe cheats? With emunand, multirom, card2 type games and rom dumping it's pretty much feature complete for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse