The nerve of some people..

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by OfficialFBomb, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you buy it and then "discover" the games are pirated you might be able to get a refund and keep it. Fake items are not allowed to be sold and if they are then PayPal gives you a refund on the condition that you destroy it. This might apply to pirated material also.

DeoNaught likes this.

2. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    thats clever, Ive got to do that.

I sold my hacked one for $60,
    sold in less then 24 hours

Quantumcat likes this.
  3. Touko White

Touko White (not)Banned

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    *Letterbomb

And it's a piece of piss to install Wii homebrew and stuff (nearly as easy as the PSP), so that makes it even more of a scam.

4. tetrabrik

tetrabrik Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2017
    United States
    new 2ds xls with CFW and pre-loaded pirated games seem to be all the rage on ebay these days. I'm reporting them as I see them, mainly because of the insane markup ($80-$100).

I'm sure they're selling lots of these: from a grandparent-buying-a-gift perspective, it's a good deal to get that many games "included" with the system.

Quantumcat and lcie nimbus like this.
  5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You could also try calling up Nintendo and reporting them there. I did that to one seller that was listing one of two a day. A week later there were no more listing. I hope he got in trouble :-)

6. tetrabrik

tetrabrik Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2017
    United States
    great idea, it hadn't occurred to me but that's probably the most effective way. I'm sure they have a team of scary-sounding fly-squashers. whenever I report individual listings, it generally gets taken down, but the same user is back the next day with the exact same listing :smh:

Quantumcat likes this.
  7. OfficialFBomb
    OP

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Well that is because with Ebay they only have to do so much work, if you report it and it is in fact illegal they must take it down, how long that takes is up to them, and they don't have to keep an eye if it gets re-posted.. Since it is a potential sale they want it to sell.. But since it ill still illegal they must take some form of basic action to keep Nintnedho happy..

8. HamBone41801

HamBone41801 K35

Jan 16, 2017
    United States
    would you guys pay more for a system that was hardmodded to use the other abxy button layout? (obviously not double, but just a small increase.)