Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD ?!

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually surprised Nintendo went with WW over TP for that first remaster. I like both games just about equally, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, and it will certainly be nice to play an updated version of it. Anyone wanting to get a jump on TP HD should download Dolphin, the GameCube version of the ROM and find the Action Replay code/patch for proper widescreen. Trust me, it looks great and will tide you over until this comes out :)

Twilight Princess needed a facelift more than Wind Waker did. I feel WW got the nod initially because it was otherwise unplayable on the Wii U (unless you were Crediar) while TP had a Wii version that was playable on The U. Just cleaning up some of the textures could go a long way to making an already beautiful game much more-so.

I don't get all the hate around this game. I wasnt that big into forums in 2006 when i played TP so i didn't get very influenced by everyone else.
I only recently have noticed the ''hate'' if i can call it that around TP. I love how much darker and grimmer it is compared to the other games. The world and music is also great!
And https://atthebuzzerpodcast.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/midna_monster_5.jpg best girl!
If you want dark and grim, look no further than Majora's Mask. I mean, how much grimmer does it get than facing the apocalypse? Seeing people change from one day to the next as they come to the realization that the world is about to end and how they all deal with the end of the world... that's pretty grim.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get all the hate around this game. I wasnt that big into forums in 2006 when i played TP so i didn't get very influenced by everyone else.
I only recently have noticed the ''hate'' if i can call it that around TP. I love how much darker and grimmer it is compared to the other games. The world and music is also great!
And https://atthebuzzerpodcast.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/midna_monster_5.jpg best girl!

I think the hate comes from people who wanted this to be another Ocarina or Time. I like Twilight Princess just fine. It made me laugh, cry and feel like a bad ass with my Wii Remote. Haters just gonna hate.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twilight Princess needed a facelift more than Wind Waker did. I feel WW got the nod initially because it was otherwise unplayable on the Wii U (unless you were Crediar) while TP had a Wii version that was playable on The U. Just cleaning up some of the textures could go a long way to making an already beautiful game much more-so.
Agreed. Have you seen some of the better texture packs for it? It looks amazing in HD resolution and 1K or higher textures.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. Have you seen some of the better texture packs for it? It looks amazing in HD resolution and 1K or higher textures.
I haven't looked at texture packs for it in awhile. After I move out to wherever I'm going, I'll have to take a look. My computer should be be able to handle it in 1080p, and I've got the gamecube controller adaptor, so I'll be good to go when I've got the time.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get all the hate around this game.

I think it comes from the large sense of linearness of the game. Skyword sword has this as well, perhaps even more-so, but it had some pretty unique things going on. Basically, people felt this was a darker ocarina of time with a lot lot less freedom to explore. The very opposite of wind waker.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it comes from the large sense of linearness of the game. Skyword sword has this as well, perhaps even more-so, but it had some pretty unique things going on. Basically, people felt this was a darker ocarina of time with a lot lot less freedom to explore. The very opposite of wind waker.

A lot of people were disappointed in the LoZ:WW. They had super high expectations for the LoZ:TP that it could not hope to meet. People wanted a "true" successor to OoT and MM which TP just was not.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people were disappointed in the LoZ:WW. They had super high expectations for the LoZ:TP that it could not hope to meet. People wanted a "true" successor to OoT and MM which TP just was not.
I can see that. I like the sense of adventure and exploration in my zelda games. The sense of finding something secret that'll help me in my quest. That's what I really enjoy. Incidentally, I absolutely adore real metroid games.

Wind Waker was perfect for that exploration and discovery itch, even if that was more perception than actuality. I was disappointed by Twilight Princess, but that could have been my expectations being off. I'd love a HD version to try the game again, and see if I had misjudged it the first time.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see that. I like the sense of adventure and exploration in my zelda games. The sense of finding something secret that'll help me in my quest. That's what I really enjoy. Incidentally, I absolutely adore real metroid games.

Wind Waker was perfect for that exploration and discovery itch, even if that was more perception than actuality. I was disappointed by Twilight Princess, but that could have been my expectations being off. I'd love a HD version to try the game again, and see if I had misjudged it the first time.

WW is definitely the better game. But that also means I've played WW to death. I've only beaten TP once, so I would definitely play it again if it were released in HD.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd love a HD Remaster of Twilight Princess (because the more realism a game has the faster it ages, and a new lick of paint would do good to it.) but god damn, too many Zelda filler games and not enough Zelda U.

Wind Waker HD, Hyrule Warriors, Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask 3D, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Tri Force Heroes, Twilight Princess HD.

If they put more time and energy into making Zelda U as they did with fillers leading up to Zelda U, we'd have, like, three or four Zelda games on the Wii U by now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte