Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD ?!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
amazed no one has posted this yet

WiiUBrew hackers discover a listing in the Wii U eShop update that could indicate that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is receiving a HD remake.
While nothing has been officially announced by Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess might just be receiving a HD remaster for the Wii U. Wii hacker group WiiUBrew has discovered a listing for the game hidden in the latest update to the Japanese Wii U eShop, simply titled ‘The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD.’

While the listing is definitively for a Wii U game, there’s no way to be sure whether it’s simply a test, placeholder, or a sign of something to come. In any case, it’s not listed for any territories outside of Japan at this time.

Source: WiiUBrew (via Destructoid)

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Just decrypt the Icon of the Game and you'll see.
http://idbe-wup.cdn.nintendo.net/icondata/10/000500001019C800.idbe

The game itself isn't available as download (It does NOT exist on NUS right now) but the Icon exists in the icon-database

CRUlAd9UAAAy4DZ.png

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
can you post the icon so we can see it? (is it an image like the word 'icon' suggests?) :)
it's like the icon.bin of a 3DS Game. (Short Title, Long Title, Company) + Image
Here's the Image:
CRJmFRrU8AAze6o.png

Encryption
The icon database is encrypted with AES128 CBC. There's a two byte header:
0: (unknown, usually zero?) 1: key index
followed by encrypted data.
nn_idbe contains hardcoded keys in one 0x50 sized block, consisting of the 16-byte hardcoded IV, and 4 hardcoded 16-byte AES128 keys.
In version 11464 of OSv11 (000500101000400A), the keys are located at $DATA+0x4c of nn_idbe.rpl.

Decrypted icon format
There's a SHA256 of the data at the beginning of the file. After the sha, there's some stuff that contains UTF-16 text of the game name and publisher, then image data begins.
The image data is given as Truevision TGA and usually starts 0x2050 bytes into the decrypted buffer.

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,
Reactions: cearp

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm downloading it right now with uwizard
Edit: Error
Starting NUS Download. Please be patient!
Downloading Title 00050000-1019C80 v[Latest]...
[=] Storing Encrypted Content...
- Downloading TMD...
+ Downloading TMD Failed...
Download failed: "Downloading TMD Failed:
Richiesta annullata: Timeout dell'operazione.."

Last edited by Mazamin,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country

It's Twilight Princess HD, not 3D.
The files to the icon are on the Nintendo Icon-database Server
You can decrypt it by yourself and check it.
THIS ICON IS REAL

"Just decrypt the Icon of the Game and you'll see.
http://idbe-wup.cdn.nintendo.net/icondata/10/000500001019C800.idbe

The game itself isn't available as download (It does NOT exist on NUS right now) but the Icon exists in the icon-database"

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It wasn't that good a game back in 2006. I very much doubt it will have gotten better a near decade later.
The community has shown for a long time some bashing for tp and admiration for ww that I just can't share.
I find tp beautiful and ww slow and boring.
And oot and alttp above both of them.
No reason to go with the flow, really.

Reactions: EMP Knightmare

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm intrigued as to how an HD Twilight Princess would be handled, I almost have to imagine they'd offer you the option from the start to play as it was originally programmed or mirrored as it was on the Wii. Then I'd be interested if they give up to 3 controller options: the Gamepad or pro controller as you could in a similar way for Wind Waker HD and if they perhaps offer the wiimote controls it was envisioned with for the Wii but with the added accuracy found in Skyward Sword and the Wii Motion Plus. I mean I def want the standard gamepad and pro controller options, but it'd be pretty cool to play TP with the much more accurate motion plus controls. I know not everyone liked how Skyward Sword played, but I personally loved it.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That would make sense for TP to get the HD treatment. If you look at the last remakes they released its quite possible for TP to get that treatment

OoT3D first then WWHD after. MM3D was released this year so it does make sense for TPHD to come along. 3DS gets the N64 remakes and Wii U gets the GCN remakes

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually surprised Nintendo went with WW over TP for that first remaster. I like both games just about equally, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, and it will certainly be nice to play an updated version of it. Anyone wanting to get a jump on TP HD should download Dolphin, the GameCube version of the ROM and find the Action Replay code/patch for proper widescreen. Trust me, it looks great and will tide you over until this comes out :)

Loffah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't get all the hate around this game. I wasnt that big into forums in 2006 when i played TP so i didn't get very influenced by everyone else.
I only recently have noticed the ''hate'' if i can call it that around TP. I love how much darker and grimmer it is compared to the other games. The world and music is also great!
And https://atthebuzzerpodcast.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/midna_monster_5.jpg best girl!

Reactions: Pacheko17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool