Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
*SPOILERS* So Ganondorf is just a reincarnation of the Demon Lord Demise!?! BTW Demise(his true form) looks badass he should be playable in the next Smash Bros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHhxvnBaqgw

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, I don't want see any spoiler for this game. Ok? I want see myself. So no spoiler to everyone unless they want to. Me, I don't want see spoiler. I rather see myself. So thank you. Anyway can you solve my problem about Goron axe the wall at Desert? I need find someone who know about legend of dragon. I don't know where to start to find it. Not tell me which person. Give me hint like place. Like lake, fire, and etc.

Coconuts 500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there a cheat that allows infinite time for the mandatory loftwing mini game? Where you have to gain permission to use a new technique?

I have tried it for hours and I just cannot complete it. I have destroyed so many of my belongings and my hands trying to beat this ¤¤¤¤ing sh¤¤. I hate this game with all my heart.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a cheat that allows infinite time for the mandatory loftwing mini game? Where you have to gain permission to use a new technique?

I have tried it for hours and I just cannot complete it. I have destroyed so many of my belongings and my hands trying to beat this ¤¤¤¤ing sh¤¤. I hate this game with all my heart.
But it fun to play this game anyway. :D

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As this is also a FAQ thread, I thought I'd ask this. It's not really about how to get through such and such, since I have a strategy guide,

Why does Ghirahim have one round ear? In addition, why does that round ear change into a pointy one when Ghirahim turns into the darker form in the battle in what I would suppose is late-game?

Aaaand, subject number 2:

Why is the bond between Link and his Loftwing special? Some Skyloftians mentioned it, but never elaborated much beyond that (as far as I know. I'm late in the game as far as I can tell, but I haven't finished all the sidequests).

As payment for these non-stuck-in-game questions, I shall assist anyone in need of help, as I have a strategy guide and can give the detailed scoop on everything in the game. Or, at least, most everything. Prima guides can only go so far...

Is there a cheat that allows infinite time for the mandatory loftwing mini game?
It's much like the flute in Spirit Tracks. There's no bypassing it with cheats.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Why does Ghirahim have one round ear? In addition, why does that round ear change into a pointy one when Ghirahim turns into the darker form in the battle in what I would suppose is late-game?

Aaaand, subject number 2:

Why is the bond between Link and his Loftwing special? Some Skyloftians mentioned it, but never elaborated much beyond that (as far as I know. I'm late in the game as far as I can tell, but I haven't finished all the sidequests).
1) Don't know if there's even an official answer, but just my two cents:
If you've beaten the game, you would know that Ghirahim is actually the evil counterpart to Fi. Ghirahim is transformed into Demise's sword, which the latter uses in the final battle. Noting how Fi's character design doesn't boast the pointed ears as do the Hylians, the one non-pointed ear I'd assume is to symbolize that Ghirahim is not a Hylian like Link or Zelda. When Ghirahim is transformed to his final form, the two pointed ears is likely to symbolize his true nature as being able to think for himself and as an individual with thought. His hairstyle, however, is very close to that of Fi's, keeping it in line with the design of him actually being the counterpart to her.

2) Once again, don't know if there's an official answer. More speculation:
Link is the Chosen Hero, as fated by destiny in accordance to the whole Legend of the Goddess. This makes Link different from the rest of the Skyloftians. As such, his Loftwing is also of a very rare breed, being the only Crimson Loftwing in the entire game (and presumably one of few in the species to begin with). The special relationship they have basically signifies that both characters are unique within their own races.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a nightmare scenario on SS. I'm up to the pirate ship and link all the sudden has gone nuts. When I load up he runs forward and to the right a little bit. The controller becomes completely unresponsive and even with the batteries ripped out the game doesn't stop.

Anyone hear about something like this? It happens EVERY TIME I load it.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
info on avoiding, the game breaking glitch/bug

Nintendo customer service details The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword bug, gives tips for avoiding

Dec 06, 2011 by RawmeatCowboy
The following information comes straight from a Nintendo customer service rep. There are some spoilers involved, so I've split the details into two sections. The main spoilers come after the jump.

We have been made aware of the issue that results in being unable to progress in the Song of the Hero quest. If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:

1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.

2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.

3. Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.

4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.

5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.

Solutions:

• This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon's song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.

• If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

I wish I had a better answer, but I'm afraid there currently is no other fix available. I can assure, however, that we are documenting all feedback we receive on this issue. Thank you for your patience and support.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since the game basically teaches you that you should go to Faron Woods, then to Eldin Volcano then to the Lanaryu Desert, this didn't affect me and many others. Although the dragon and shield talk by the goron and gossip stones in the desert may have enticed many players.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
info on avoiding, the game breaking glitch/bug

Nintendo customer service details The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword bug, gives tips for avoiding

Dec 06, 2011 by RawmeatCowboy
The following information comes straight from a Nintendo customer service rep. There are some spoilers involved, so I've split the details into two sections. The main spoilers come after the jump.

We have been made aware of the issue that results in being unable to progress in the Song of the Hero quest. If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:

1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.

2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.

3. Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.

4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.

5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.

Solutions:

• This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon's song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.

• If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

I wish I had a better answer, but I'm afraid there currently is no other fix available. I can assure, however, that we are documenting all feedback we receive on this issue. Thank you for your patience and support.

it's good to see Nintendo taking some action about this problem. Even if it is in some "wordly" form.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Why do some Goddess Chest not show up on the map?

I hit about three in the Eldin Volcano and only one showed up on the map when I finished the dungeon and went back to the sky. ):

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why you guys didn't pay attention what I ask you. I ask you again. How I get Hyrulian Shield? I keep looking anywhere. But only i see Goron keep cracking on the wall. He said if there is someone who know about Thunder Dragon. Who know about Thunder Dragon in this game? I don't see any person know about this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)