The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's development is complete

zeldaheader2.jpg

The long-awaiting upcoming Legend of Zelda title has finally wrapped up development. Breath of the Wild has officially gone gold, according to a Tweet by Monolith Soft developer Yasuyuki Honne, which shows a picture of the game's staff, alongside Shigeru Miyamoto during a wrap-up party. After multiple delays, from 2015, to 2016, and now into 2017, we can finally celebrate the game's full completion.

:arrow: SOURCE

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cuttin' it real close there Nintendo. I don't worry about pressing enough discs in time, but all those Switch cart pre-orders I do worry about a little.

I would be midlly surprised if they didn't have it available day 1 on the eshop.
Though this is Nintendo so i'm probably going to be mildly surprised come launch.

Reactions: zoogie

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now then, when do we get a Zelda 2 remake?
if youre talking about adventure of link, yes it would be nice, but please, not as hard as the original
i never been able to go through the whole game without cheating (save state only)

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
if youre talking about adventure of link, yes it would be nice, but please, not as hard as the original
i never been able to go through the whole game without cheating (save state only)

It's not THAT hard. After a couple of runs I was able to do the whole game without dying.

And, @topic, wow, just? I expected it to have been done for some time already.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not THAT hard. After a couple of runs I was able to do the whole game without dying.

And, @topic, wow, just? I expected it to have been done for some time already.
tghey probably finished programming and all that stuff one or two month ago, maybe they just finished bug testing/fixing

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea that is cutting ot very close.
Why wouldnt this be done in Jan.
But then again its nintendo and the switches are still being made.
So i guess we will be getting alot of day one patches on games and system OS.

Lets just hope the game runs good and the AI is there and not dumb

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that it's gone gold, how long do we think it will take for a Wii U copy to appear in the wild (either through an eShop SNAFU like with Color Splash, or a retailer breaking street date on a disc)?

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Usually I would say,"learn to play the game", but in this case you are right. It's difficulty was largely unbalanced, in fact I recall needing the NES advantage to help me auto grind in narrow hallways because otherwise you'd pretty much need to be either flawless, or spend days and days grinding just to beat the game.

The initial difficulty on the other hand, I liked; pissed me off, but I felt accomplished when I got through the first set of mountain caves.

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Usually I would say,"learn to play the game", but in this case you are right. It's difficulty was largely unbalanced, in fact I recall needing the NES advantage to help me auto grind in narrow hallways because otherwise you'd pretty much need to be either flawless, or spend days and days grinding just to beat the game.

The initial difficulty on the other hand, I liked; pissed me off, but I felt accomplished when I got through the first set of mountain caves.

To be honest, I found it to be more of a "learn all the tricks and learn where to use the spells" kind of deal. Once you have all that mapped out, it's not that bad.

EDIT: Except the ascent to the final dungeon. Fuck that and the randomly flying things that dick you into the lava.

Last edited by skawo,
Reactions: XDel
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now I can't wait for people to play it and saying it's a disappointment or something.

Nah, just joking, but there's no worse thing like too much hype. It makes people expectations rise thru the roof then come crashing down like No Man's Sky a rock.

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now I can't wait for people to play it and saying it's a disappointment or something.

Nah, just joking, but there's no worse thing like too much hype. It makes people expectations rise thru the roof then come crashing down like No Man's Sky a rock.
grrrrr

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Development seemed really crunched for this title... I just really hope it comes out having the quality that Zelda deserves and Nintendo needs. My pre-order will stay until release, but I can't help but worry somewhat in spite of myself.
Lol what? This one took a long time to develop. It's like if Twilight Princess had been released at the end of the Gamecube era, but there wasn't any Wind Waker.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk