G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

In the latest news Jun 25, 2014, today IGN reported that Platinum Games announced that The Legend of Korra is coming out this fall. The game will start off between the second season and third of the show. In addition, the player will have the option to use all four of Korra elements throughout the game. The game will be available for the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, 3DS, and Windows PC. Now as for the 3DS version of the game, that version is going to be turn-based strategy, so be on the look out for it.

I can't wait for this to come out, so I can play this on my PC. Platinum Games make such good known games like MadWorld, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and Vanquish, so just by me saying those titles alone you already know this is going to be a great game. I can't wait to see what else they have in store beside Scalebound next year:)

IGN:

Platinum Games is developing The Legend of Korra, a third-person combat game based on the Nickelodeon TV show.
The Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Bayonetta 2 studio and Activision will launch its downloadable Legend of Korra game this fall on PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3.

Korra scribe Tim Hedrick is writing the story, which takes place between The Legend of Korra’s second and third seasons. As the series' leading lady, players will use the Avatar's fire, earth, air, and water elements in combat to fight familiar enemies such as Mecha Tanks and Chi Blockers, as well as other Benders in the 3-on-3 Pro-Bending arena.
A Webfoot Technologies-developed turn-based strategy version of The Legend of Korra will also hit Nintendo 3DS this year. Where Platinum's action game is all about fast-paced martial-art combat, the 3DS game will "focus on tactically maneuvering Korra and her allies on the battlefield."
Look for more on Platinum's The Legend of Korra game, including our hands-on impressions, later this week.

:arrow: Source

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's tough to say with this one. Yeah, the source material is questionable, but Platinum Games has a fairly good track record of putting out some really solid stuff. I guess we'll just have to see once the game hits down.

Reactions: CathyRina

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*reads through entire article again*
Platinum games isn't even making a Wii u version, but a 3DS version? Ouch, that's gotta sting hard D: especially as a third party game getting ported to literally everything but.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope we get to be in Korra's love triangle! Or maybe we'll get a special button that makes Korra bitch endlessly, just to really make the point that we're playing as the whiniest, most useless female protagonist in potentially any series ever.
Forbid her to be human. Yeah, beating the most powerful people of her generation and continuing to defend and keep people of a whole nation together is so useless.

Reactions: CathyRina

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Forbid her to be human. Yeah, beating the most powerful people of her generation and continuing to defend and keep people of a whole nation together is so useless.
If her character development wasn't so far below that displayed throughout The Last Airbender by any of the characters, I would be more forgiving for her massive shortfalls. She has made almost zero development between these last two seasons. She just bounces between good egg and stupid kid repeatedly, never sticking with one or the other, and never making a substantial move towards any kind of permanence in being a likeable character. Having watched the first two seasons of Korra, I can safely say that this show is one of the most disappointing sequels we could possibly receive to such a great series.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*reads through entire article again*
Platinum games isn't even making a Wii u version, but a 3DS version? Ouch, that's gotta sting hard D: especially as a third party game getting ported to literally everything but.

The 3DS game is a separate one. There's the Platinum Games one for like consoles and the 3DS one is a RPG by a separate company.

Also I can't exactly be hyped about this. First it's Korra, so it's shit, second Platinum Games makes MOSTLY good games but they have made utter shit games like Anarchy Reigns and Infinite Space. They could easily pawn it to their B-team again.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's tumblr's dream game, their favorite developer and their favorite series.

No, that would be a Sherlock/Supernatural/Dr. Who crossover developed by The Fullbright Company (of Gone Home fame).

Nobody has a problem with Korra being human. They have a problem with her being a terribly developed character who has all her solutions handed to her by plot convenience.

Nice strawmanning, though.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would be completely uninterested in this game if not for the fact that Platinum Games is involved.
They already shown with MGR that they can use the most hated source material of a franchise and turn it into something enjoyable.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If her character development wasn't so far below that displayed throughout The Last Airbender by any of the characters, I would be more forgiving for her massive shortfalls. She has made almost zero development between these last two seasons. She just bounces between good egg and stupid kid repeatedly, never sticking with one or the other, and never making a substantial move towards any kind of permanence in being a likeable character. Having watched the first two seasons of Korra, I can safely say that this show is one of the most disappointing sequels we could possibly receive to such a great series.
She still learning. Real humans get in fights (rather verbally or physical) all the time. Why does she have to be perfect?

Nobody has a problem with Korra being human. They have a problem with her being a terribly developed character who has all her solutions handed to her by plot convenience.

Nice strawmanning, though.
Even if that is the case. Not as if Aang didn't lose himself almost every time when he got overwhelm by a enemy. It's not like he didn't get the power to Energybend just in the last second before fighting Ozai.

At least her solution is something she had to learn overtime to beat the Dark Avatar.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She still learning. Real humans get in fights (rather verbally or physical) all the time. Why does she have to be perfect?

Even if that is the case. Not as if Aang didn't lose himself almost every time when he got overwhelm by a enemy. It's not like he didn't get the power to Energybend just in the last second before fighting Ozai.

At least her solution is something she had to learn overtime to beat the Dark Avatar.

She doesn't have to be perfect, just not a stupid bitch all the time. Like she makes continually one stupid decision after the other and then the plot just kinda hands her a solution and you think "Wow Korra was right the whole time!" It's Dexter Syndrome. Where the character is supposed to be imperfect but for some reason they tailor the plot to make sure everything falls in place for them and that they're some paragon of excellence.

The new season of Korra has been embarrassing, I liked the first season but seriously, the squandered a great start and a great setting with some serious shitty writing.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Even if that is the case. Not as if Aang didn't lose himself almost every time when he got overwhelm by a enemy.

Ah, yes, the Other M Defense: "Criticizing the characterization? Can you not handle a character with emotions? What, do you not want her to be human?"

As people have reiterated time and time again, the problem isn't that Korra is "human." The problem is that she's a poorly written, unlikable human. She's bratty, petulant, and completely self-absorbed, and maybe that'd be okay as a starting point in her growth, but she doesn't grow. She doesn't earn her victories through perseverance and grit; they're handed to her through plot convenience (the end of season one is the most egregious example, but it's a consistent theme).

To use your example of Aang, Aang was certainly a flawed protagonist, and Aang didn't always win. People found Aang endearing because he tried to overcome his flaws and learned from his mistakes. When he lied to Sokka and Katara about their Dad, he felt ashamed, made amends, and learned from the experience. What he didn't do was make the exact same mistakes over and over, and he didn't backpedal over his previous development.

Also, Aang was, like, 12. Korra is supposed to be an adult and acts like a child. This doesn't exactly make her any more endearing.

You could say, "Well, some humans are like that!" and sure, you'd be right, but just being human doesn't equate to likable or interesting. Bob Smith from accounting is human, too, but that doesn't make him a compelling protagonist.

It's not like he didn't get the power to Energybend just in the last second before fighting Ozai.

Citing this asspull, one of the most criticized plot elements in the entire original series, isn't exactly helping your argument.

I don't think "Becomes magical kaiju to punch evil magical kaiju" could be considered character development. Also, that fact that you can take "Dark Avatar" with a straight face tells me you're not ready.

Beyond Korra, the series has a long, long list of problems. With few exceptions, the side characters are flat at best and terrible at worst, there's little overarching plot driving the series forward, the pacing is all over the place, the romantic plot tumor ate the show from the inside out, the blatant fan pandering at the expense of the show (references are fine, but for a series that was meant to stand on its on two feet, it uses the original series as a crutch), the retcons and Midichlorianing, the villains are lackluster (Amon was ruined by the ending), etc.

Say what you will about Metal Gear, at least it gave Platinum tons of room for cuh-razy action.

Now, maybe you like The Legend of Korra. Hey, whatever floats your boat. To continue acting, in thread after thread, that people just don't like Korra because she's "human" is disingenuous bullshit.

TL;DR: TLoK is bad and you should feel bad.

So, uh... on topic, I'm still not all that excited. However, if it makes Platinum some money to fund something that's actually interesting, then I guess I'll be satisfied.

Reactions: frogboy

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder what is wrong with TLoK in general.
Every villain so far was from the water nation.
Amon at least was threatening and the plot in general was good. However the story took a really stupid turn.
It would have been so much better if Korra had failed during the first season and had to relearn her bending abilities during the second season while Amons conquers the world.
But no, better kill Amon make Korra a fully trained avatar from the get go and give us a bullshitty second seasons about bullshitty spirits that came from the bullshit world because some bullshitty water bender started to be bullshity again.
The Quality change between TLoA and TLoK are just huge. I hope the upcoming seasons won't be as poorly written as what we had till now >_>

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think "Becomes magical kaiju to punch evil magical kaiju" could be considered character development. Also, that fact that you can take "Dark Avatar" with a straight face tells me you're not ready.
We are still going to disagree at the end, so there little point of keep arguing, but I want to say this. I meant her learning to purify spirits. Also, Idk what's wrong with saying the Dark Avatar. It's better than saying Unalaq fused with the dark spirit, Vaatu.

relearn her bending abilities during the second season
Yes, let's have the pretty much the same story of Aang.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended