The Jontron Drama

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that I can cite basic demographic history of the united states and the factual revisions to immigration policy makes me white? If you're looking to stereotype someone try a guess for Asian.
You're using demography to claim we wouldn't let people in. You claim that "no one wanted the statue of liberty" and the French apparently forced it upon us (they didn't write the plaque btw, that was an American :) ) and say "see our country was 90% white" as if that somehow proves we didn't want/wouldn't let other people in.

Edit: also your facts are off, in the 1800s a law was passed allowing black people to immigrate and Asian people were known to legally immigrate as well regardless. So no it wasn't "1920" that's blatantly false.

Last edited by bi388,
Reactions: JCCG1989

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
The cynic in me says that "Jontron hasn't been mainstream/a talking point for ages, so he's tweeting this bullshit as a "look at me!" attention getter." I mean, it's free PR/advertising as people on both sides bitch and moan about his views.

But he's entitled to his opinion. He's a straight white dude living in America where all the straight white dudes feel threatened by minorities and anybody who's different. In short, it's a fear thing.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
But he's entitled to his opinion. He's a straight white dude living in America where all the straight white dudes feel threatened by minorities and anybody who's different. In short, it's a fear thing.
No wonder with their news. It's just dread and despair on anything news related.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're using demography to claim we wouldn't let people in. You claim that "no one wanted the statue of liberty" and the French apparently forced it upon us (they didn't write the plaque btw, that was an American :) ) and say "see our country was 90% white" as if that somehow proves we didn't want/wouldn't let other people in.

No I am using the actual law that was on the books clear up until the 1920's when we added Indians and wasn't further revised until the 1960's.

The original United States Naturalization Law of March 26, 1790 (1 Stat. 103) provided the first rules to be followed by the United States in the granting of national This law limited naturalization to immigrants who were free white persons of good character. I.

That's not my opinion or a claim, that was the law.

And I'll raise you a Chinese exclusion act of 1882.

These multilcultural open immigration bullshit is a recent phenomena starting in the 60's with the Hart-Celler act.

Lrn2civics.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I am using the actual law that was on the books clear up until the 1920's when we added Indians and wasn't further revised until the 1960's.

That's not my opinion or a claim, that was the law.

And I'll raise you a Chinese exclusion act of 1882.

These multilcultural open immigration bullshit is a recent phenomena starting in the 60's with the Hart-Celler act.

Lrn2civics.
Again, the law was revised long before that to allow for black people and regardless of what the law technically was people of all races legally immigrated to the US. Currently there are states where it is illegal to hold government office if you are atheist but people still do.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, the law was revised long before that to allow for black people and regardless of what the law technically was people of all races legally immigrated to the US. Currently there are states where it is illegal to hold government office if you are atheist but people still do.

Cool good to know the person on the internet who can't cite a single actual law or historical fact with a name or date attached to it let me know the U.S has always been a multicultural welcoming place to all races. I was starting to believe that whole white colonial power narrative for awhile that I'm sure you will return to when it fits your argument.

LIberal debating flow chart:

When confronted with:

Negative aspect of America: blame the nearly all white population.

Positive aspect of America: Multiculturalism & Immigrants did it.

Last edited by jimbo13,
Reactions: Snintendog

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool good to know the person on the internet who can't cite a single actual law or historical fact with a name or date attached to it let me know the U.S has always been a multicultural welcoming place to all races. I was starting to believe that whole white colonial power narrative for awhile that I'm sure you will return to when it fits your argument.

LIberal debating flow chart:

Negative aspect of America: Cuz all white people

Postive aspect of America: Multiculturalism & Immigrants
In 1870 Congress passed a legislation to allow black people in. Fact. That kinda contradicts your whole "nothing happened until 1920" thing. Also, you're calling me out for no sources while you're claiming the US didn't want the statue of liberty and the quote on it was made by the French (it wasn't but you don't fact check so whatever).

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In 1870 Congress passed a legislation to allow black people in. Fact. That kinda contradicts your whole "nothing happened until 1920" thing. Also, you're calling me out for no sources while you're claiming the US didn't want the statue of liberty and the quote on it was made by the French (it wasn't but you don't fact check so whatever).

Which quote you fucking dunce La Liberté éclairant le monde, that's the statues actual name and the first plaque on it was done by Bartholdi.

The New Collosus Sonnet, which is the bullshit your quoting isn't even on the statue. It is poem by Emma Lazarus, a woman who wouldn't of been allowed at the dedication. Along with Negros, Chinese, Muslims or any of the general public.

statueplaque-500x381.jpg

Last edited by jimbo13,

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which quote you fucking dunce La Liberté éclairant le monde, that's the statues actual name and the first plaque on it was done by Bartholdi.

The New Collosus Sonnet, which is the bullshit your quoting isn't even on the statue. It is poem by Emma Lazarus, a woman who wouldn't of been allowed at the dedication. Along with Negros, Chinese, Muslims or any of the general public.

statueplaque-500x381.jpg
I wasn't disagreeing that it was given to us by france, I never said that at all. I said it wasnt forced onto us like you said and that France had nothing to do with the quote I was talking about so it's entirely irrelevant. And btw the quote is found on the pedistole of the statue, and if America was anti immigrant I fail to see why they put a pro immigration quote by an American on one of the biggest monuments in the country. Kinda shoots down your argument doesn't it? And name calling, always the best way to advance your points :)

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't disagreeing that it was given to us by france, I never said that at all. I said it wasnt forced onto us like you said and that France had nothing to do with the quote I was talking about so it's entirely irrelevant. And btw the quote is found on the pedistole of the statue, and if America was anti immigrant I fail to see why they put a pro immigration quote by an American on one of the biggest monuments in the country. Kinda shoots down your argument doesn't it? And name calling, always the best way to advance your points :)

They didn't put it on the pedestal they put it on a plaque inside the musuem right next to 50 other poems people wrote as a fundraiser because no one would cough up money for the statue.

And you deserve to be called names because you continually make up shit that is historically and factually void to progress a narrative that America has always been tolerant and multicultural. It hasn't, and to claim so is fucking ignorant.

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They didn't put it on the pedestal they put it on a plaque inside the musuem right next to 50 other poems people wrote as a fundraiser because no one would cough up money for the statue.

And you deserve to be called names because you continually make up shit that is historically and factually void to progress a narrative that America has always been tolerant and multicultural. It hasn't, and to claim so is fucking ignorant.
Nice attitude, totally rasing your credibility... Negros uh? Wow... how fast you became a shitstorm, amusing.

Reactions: lordkaos and bi388

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope, you're wrong. I've checked multiple sources, it is inside the pedestal on a plaque. Look it up before you claim I'm wrong. Also you just tried to justify a logical fallocy. And I never said we always have or that everyone has. I just said that some of the things you've said have been incorrect and pointed out what they were.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So he's a giant tool that hasn't bothered to do any research outside of his tiny comfort zone. I don't know who he is and now I really don't care to know him. Good example of the need for a stronger education system, though.

Reactions: lordkaos and bi388

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, you're wrong. I've checked multiple sources, it is inside the pedestal on a plaque. Look it up before you claim I'm wrong

"The New Colossus" tablet is accompanied by a tablet given by the Emma Lazarus Commemorative Committee in 1977, celebrating the poet's life it resides in the Statue of Liberty Museum.

The Statue of Liberty Encyclopedia. New York City: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-0-7385-3689-7.

Emma_Lazarus_plaque%20(1).jpg

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The New Colossus" tablet is accompanied by a tablet given by the Emma Lazarus Commemorative Committee in 1977, celebrating the poet's life it resides in the Statue of Liberty Museum.

The Statue of Liberty Encyclopedia. New York City: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-0-7385-3689-7.

Emma_Lazarus_plaque%20(1).jpg
"Posthumously famous for her sonnet, "The New Colossus," which is engraved on the base of the Statue of Liberty, Emma Lazarus is considered America's first important Jewish poet"
https://m.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/new-colossus
You're trying to imply that if it's written somewhere it can't be written somewhere else as well. It's 1 am here and I'm going to sleep, I have class tomorrow.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Posthumously famous for her sonnet, "The New Colossus," which is engraved on the base of the Statue of Liberty, Emma Lazarus is considered America's first important Jewish poet"
https://m.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/new-colossus
You're trying to imply that if it's written somewhere it can't be written somewhere else as well. It's 1 am here and I'm going to sleep, I have class tomorrow.

Yeah cause there was no plaque at the dedication or on the statue originally, which "Studies" class are you going to? I'm sure it's social science feminist dance theory multiculturalism bullshit and not Engineering or Med school.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that there's just far to many humans.
Yes, I cannot agree more, but a "purge" is definitely an extreme point to which I don't think it would be healthy to go. As a species, we have the intelligence and agency to be critical and discriminatory when it comes to our reproduction, and if everyone can just control themselves from farting out babies and polluting the earth, then the population will eventually come under control. We have the knowledge and systems to produce large amounts of food and water, but our population is so massive that hundreds of millions of people are malnourished. There is not enough. And many of those who DO remain fed well do so only at the cost of bleeding their lives away at painful, unfulfilling, soul-destroying occupations. The truly happy person has been made an endangered species. Air, for example, is something you need to consume to survive, but costs no money. The reason for this is clear, it's because no-one can monetize or control the distribution of oxygen as it's literally everywhere and immediately accessible. The same can be true for food and water. The population can decrease to the point where food and water amounts number in high excess of the demands of the human population, making it free and plentiful. Not to mention the kind of biological beauty that could develop if developed land were to be allowed to return to a healthy, fertile state, which is actually more difficult and time consuming than it seems, as our rampant use of chemicals like herbicides and pesticides has taken a toll on the quality of the soil and water.

Not only that, but we can drastically further our species' evolution by simulating the process of natural selection, only by now using intelligent selection. If people really thought critically about whether or not their genetics being in the next generation would serve to elevate the human race as a species or not when they have the impulse to reproduce, instead of their current, selfish, myopic questions like "are we ready to be parents?", then we can elevate the state of humanity at a unprecedented rate when compared with the randomness in Darwinian evolution. But of course, stupid people are social creatures, and they won't do the right thing unless someone is there to scorn them for it, it seems. Unless it becomes socially stigmatized (just my theory) to have kids in a world this overpopulated, people will not control themselves. If you look at the world now, it's even universally CELEBRATED to have children, with thinks like cards, balloons, and baby showers.

Reactions: Wolfvak

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people really thought critically about whether or not their genetics being in the next generation would serve to elevate the human race as a species or not when they have the impulse to reproduce, instead of their current, selfish, myopic questions.

You mistakenly assume people have the goal or an obligation to the human race or the species. Maybe they aren't stupid maybe they simply don't share your goals or visions.

Malthus spouted a lot of this shit in the 1800's, You can't even scorn people in to turning there radio down after midnight or yelling in to their phone sideways on the tram so what you really are proposing is regulating; mandating etc. not scorn.

And to that I say congratulations, you are a literal Nazi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c