OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Last week hulu made all 14 episodes of the original (UK) The Office available, I watched it as I am a huge fan of the (US) The Office and witnessed the comedic brilliance that is Ricky Gervais. I then came across The Invention of Lying. The Supporting cast was excellent: Jennifer Garner, Tina Fey, Loius C.K., Jonah Hill, Jeffery Tambor and Rob Lowe all turn in hilarious and convincing performances. The film explores an alternate reality in which humanity never developed the ability to lie and people compulsively state their exact thoughts and feelings. Much of the criticism of the film is concerned with unanswered questions, but this film is all about posing questions not giving answers. This is definitely something I will re-watch which has been a rare occurrence, considering the over-abundance of craptastic films released as of late. Overall I found The Invention of Lying to be thought provoking, at times hilarious, and a genuinly enjoyable experience.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really liked the movie. Thought-provoking indeed, plus I am a huge fan of Louis C.K.
It truly isn't especially remarkable but definitely worth watching at least once.
Pretty much explains the entire world all at once it does.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Great, will watch it. In the meantime I'd like to reccommend to you all The Ricky Gervais show, an animated version of the old podcast he had on Guardian Unlimited.

My review of the first episode:
QUOTE said:
Just saw the first episode of the new Ricky Gervais Show on HBO, it is brilliant. The person that is/plays the dumb one, Karl Pilkington, gives the show its best moments, hearing him talking about how the first monkey that was put on space died of sadness because he wouldn't be able to go back to space is pure and absolutely comedy genius and the way the whole thing is animated makes it easy to enjoy. Ricky Gervais teams up with Stephen Merchant to ridicule Karl in an almost cruel yet really enjoyable fashion.

There is one problem tho, it is an animated radio podcast which means its content wasn't originally intended to be watched, there's no background story, character development or anything along those lines, some people will be immediately turn off by that, to me is just a TV death sentence to a show that could've reached cult status on the internet.

If you like Gervais humour -and you should- or you're into the talk radio format, give this show a try.
20663_320233424825_740324825_3277910_7653545_n.jpg

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg so the Ricky Gervais show is his Podcast... animated? I've never listened, much to the chagrin of many people recommending it to me. But i've heard it's brilliant. I should hit up both the 'cast and the show.

As for Invention Of Lying, i was half curious (i love the cast lineup... sans Jennifer Garner. But i can look past her), but heard horrible things... i suppose i'll give it a view based upon a few peoples thoughts here. Thanks
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: