Vipera

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't stand it anymore, EVERYWHERE I go people seem to lie on social sites like Facebook, Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter and so on. Countless assholes who never got hugged from their daddies that feel the need to spread bullshit over the internet to be noticed or countless troll accounts and the infinite number of dumbasses who fall from them and double that number of who find them funny.

Minding others' business used to be fun, but now it's a "LOOK AT MY DOG HE HELPED MY SON FROM CANCER *pic is actually a generic dog found on the internet*" or "LOL BEATLES ARE GAY XDXD", or the ancient lies that keep spreading on Facebook.

I miss forums. On Facebook you can't call people out because they will delete and block you. On sites like Reddit they are never recognized. But on forums? You can't spread BS for long. And when you do, you get fucked really hard. I miss this.

Vipera

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I mean is that forums aren't a "bite and run" kind of format and are better than Facebook to call BS out. Really, the situation lately got out of control. There is NOTHING real on the Reddit frontpage anymore.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because, as we all know, lying is a recent phenomenon.

Fleetwood Mac, take it away!

What I mean is that forums aren't a "bite and run" kind of format and are better than Facebook to call BS out. Really, the situation lately got out of control. There is NOTHING real on the Reddit frontpage anymore.

"Anymore"

*Insert smug anime reaction face here*

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
This just in, people lie on the Internet!

On Facebook you can't call people out because they will delete and block you.
Why bother giving them the satisfaction? If anything, part of the fun for those kinds of people is getting found out and watching everyone go crazy. Then they just move on to the next con.

But on forums? You can't spread BS for long. And when you do, you get fucked really hard. I miss this.

Not so long ago someone on here strung everyone along on a lie for quite a while, and they didn't get close to being fucked really hard (and since when is being fucked really hard necessarily a bad thing, anyway?). Sure, he or she (iirc they lied about their gender too) pissed everyone off and got banned, but if they were able to make up one persona and fool everyone for a long time, what exactly stops them from re-registering with a completely new persona?

tl;dr try not to care so much about some random pricks on the Internet telling lies.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel Like Vipera must have just crawled up from an internet bunker and is seeing all of this for the first time. We should be guiding him through his troubled times...
by throwing him to the hounds of tumblr.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[usenet/newsgroups as the dominant internet discussion medium era old fart] reporting in. Granted I was not much into usenet at that point (possibly bbs even if I did not appreciate the concept).

As Gahars decided this was to be a music video response thread...

Might as well up the angst a bit.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You make a thread about lying on the internet, and there is not one mention of dudes pretending to be chicks.

I'm ashamed of this thread.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You make a thread about lying on the internet, and there is not one mention of dudes pretending to be chicks.

I'm ashamed of this thread.

Such things are like Sonic Adventure being crap, the Wii U having no games, the 3ds barely having any games and Gahars being mildly fond of puns -- it is all just assumed and stating it would just waste forum database space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte