Hardware The info on the Wii U

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GamePad itself is wireless and communicate to Wii U using bluetooth just like PS3 ? That is final question.
Yes both GamePad & Pro Controller are bluetooth. Nothing else is needed, you don't need to plug it into a wiimote, you don't need wires.

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know a link where I can download both the NA and JAP streams of the casts? For viewing? I would like to watch them both.

Also, is there any confirmation on CPU architecture or the ability to play Gamecube/Virtual Console games from Wii?

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone knows already if the usb ports will be 2.0 or 3.0?

And here you can watch the UK presentation keine: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/nintendo_direct_47764.html

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is everybody pissing their pants over 32gb of storage like its some enormous amount? 32gb is actually really really crap by today's standards, I mean look at the PS3 and 360 they have had way more than that for years. In this day in age 32gb really doesn't go a long way in terms of live/psn games, dlc and game patches etc. I would have hoped to have seen around 250gb myself, anyway I hope the wii u's memory is expandable via usb etc.

The Xbox 360 Arcade Edition's internal storage says hi.

You must not know what external HDDs are.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Nintendo "
Audio Output

Uses six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI® connector, or analog output via the AV Multi Out connector."

This sucks. No optical output like PS3?

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My AVR's HDMI is pass through only (AVR does not separate audio signal from HDMI input for amplification). I have not pre ordered yet, having second thought.

ColeGingeyRamey

Trophies
Website
easyfreebiez.com
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Image Removed.
Check it. Just pre-ordered the new wii-u for almost 400$ I'll let you know when I receive it and will do the unboxing vid, and some first experience gameplay. I called gamestop and told them I decided to order online. They just gave a gift card for my current purchase towards it for 45$ Cause of the fee to restock or something like that. WAHOO! Can't Wait!

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question (please please please don't hate me, I promised I tried to google the answer first!): Will Wii games be upscaled to 720p or 1080p when played on the Wii U? Or does it just flat-out not work that way? Or do we just not know yet?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't gotten charged yet. So I'm assuming not.

I just don't trust the text that says "Billing does not occur until shipment is processed.
Pre-order low price guarantee. More info."
Because they might try to pull a fast one on me. Yeah...I'll call them to make sure they don't screw me over.

Edit: Just called Best Buy; if you go do the actual pre-order there, you won't have to pay until launch day.
Gamestop...not so sure about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: