Homebrew WIP The Homebrew Launcher (Concept Graphics)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Homebrew Launcher the name we're calling it? Feel like it should be called something different to differentiate it from the Wii U version. The Wii version was called the Homebrew Channel, so it would be fitting to give it another name again. Though I'm not sure what exactly to call it this time, maybe The Homebrew App or something like that.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
D

Deleted User

Is homebrew launcher the name we're calling it? Feel like it should be called something different to differentiate it from the Wii U version. The Wii version was called the Homebrew Channel, so it would be fitting to give it another name again. Though I'm not sure what exactly to call it this time, maybe The Homebrew App or something like that.
basically both 3DS and Wii U were called homebrew launcher. The thing is that the Wii had an actual name for the apps on the menu and how you launched them (channels), whereas on the Wii U and 3DS they were just applications. The Homebrew Application sounds worse than the Homebrew Launcher, so the name will probably stick for a while.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically both 3DS and Wii U were called homebrew launcher. The thing is that the Wii had an actual name for the apps on the menu and how you launched them (channels), whereas on the Wii U and 3DS they were just applications. The Homebrew Application sounds worse than the Homebrew Launcher, so the name will probably stick for a while.

Well obviously it sounds worse if you call it Application. My suggestion was App, not the full word. App sounds fine to me. And again it was just an example, I'm just saying it should have a different name to make it stand out and so future guides to get confusing to end users when they're trying to look it up.

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2
D

Deleted User

Well obviously it sounds worse if you call it Application. My suggestion was App, not the full word. App sounds fine to me. And again it was just an example, I'm just saying it should have a different name to make it stand out and so future guides to get confusing to end users when they're trying to look it up.
I 100% agree with you on everything you just said.
They look really nice; however, personally, I want something new. We've stuck with the same logo for a long time, or what feels like it. The same bubbly backgrounds. We need something new.

Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic and if we don't get something new I want these.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tfLer78.png
Tbh I prefer this one over the OP's one as I don't feel that "fading to white" at the edges is still "modern". Of course I don't like that ... face though. :P
However I'd prefer the wave stile over the bubble one.

Yoni Arousement

Trophies
Website
yonihq.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
This thread had me thinking of a background consisting of jigsaw puzzle pieces instead of bubbles, or solid pieces that can be combined into one, like LEGO's. Perhaps a reference to the Joy-Cons' ability to be used as one controller?

I like the third image from the OP the best.

fedehda

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is Homebrew Launcher the name we're calling it? Feel like it should be called something different to differentiate it from the Wii U version. The Wii version was called the Homebrew Channel, so it would be fitting to give it another name again. Though I'm not sure what exactly to call it this time, maybe The Homebrew App or something like that.
Switch'em all!

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh lovely! I really like the bright red one. Hopefully plutoo or whomever that is developing it will reach out!
They look really nice; however, personally, I want something new. We've stuck with the same logo for a long time, or what feels like it. The same bubbly backgrounds. We need something new. Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic and if we don't get something new I want these.
looks way better than that shitty black and white phone app of the original
Tbh I prefer this one over the OP's one as I don't feel that "fading to white" at the edges is still "modern". Of course I don't like that ... face though. :P However I'd prefer the wave stile over the bubble one.
This thread had me thinking of a background consisting of jigsaw puzzle pieces instead of bubbles, or solid pieces that can be combined into one, like LEGO's. Perhaps a reference to the Joy-Cons' ability to be used as one controller? I like the third image from the OP the best.
These colors are a perfect representation of the Switch logo. Maybe change the name to "the homebrew switch", but otherwise, the default name is fine. These colors plus the OP's background are A-OK in my book.

Added this to OP, as it incorporates several of your ideas! Hope you like it!

Last edited by TiMeBoMb4u2,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
These look really well done! Great work, OP!
Thank you for your constructive input. It will surely be beneficial. :glare:
Geez, they were just memeing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.