Hacking The general VC rom injection thread (NES,GB/C/A etc.)

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to make non-color gb games be color like they were on a gbc?

i dont think so..even with hacked version of gb roms to play in color... (super mario land) there are problems now I have a question...has anyone figured out how to shrink the rom size down nicely on card 2 format injections? to say 10mbs or smaller...im talking smaller than 64mbs

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
i dont think so..even with hacked version of gb roms to play in color... (super mario land) there are problems now I have a question...has anyone figured out how to shrink the rom size down nicely on card 2 format injections? to say 10mbs or smaller...im talking smaller than 64mbs

According to user SpaceJump, it is possible at least with this one hacked GB ROM.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah ive already tried that rom hack it boots...but not colored correctly tho he used the pokemon as his base i used zelda as mine

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I have two questions as well...

Could any nice GBATempers be so generous and make their fine injections accessible in this thread?

- I'm asking, because getting nice icons, using the bannermaker correctly, solving any issues on your own PC on the way and finally getting a good result is slightly error-riddled and tedious at the moment.

Which leads directly to my second question:

Could any decent coder make a simple script, to quickly change only the title on the injected VC rom?

- Or maybe there is already a way without the python scripts of BannerMaker and I missed it...

Reactions: ieatpixels

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AOROMs hex is 09 please someone who has made an application to automatically make a header for a rom add this to it and link me =P

Thanks! Just tested it with Marble Madness, there's a bit of graphical glitching at the start of each level when it's displaying the time being added, but all seems fine in gameplay.

Have added it to my converter, as before the zip contains the source (should be cross-platform) and a mac binary.

Attachments

• TNES-converter-v2.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: CeeDee

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
I can inject GB/GBC roms but I need some help doing the name/banner/icons.

I can run the Banner Maker to make the banner.bnr & icon.icn files but I don't know what to do with them. (guide doesn't say in detail)

What's the easiest way to add them to a 3ds VC rom?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
easiest to explain would be
copy them into the /decrypted/exefs folder, delete/rename the existing banner.bin and icon.bin and rename the banner.bnr and icon.icn to *.bin, and dont forget to make the adjustment to the rsf.rsf file to give each game a unique ID or they will just keep loading the old games icon and name in the menu

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like I need to focus on getting the unpack tool working then. it doesn't make anything in the decrypted.exefs folder, only 3 bin files in /decrypted/ though I can't seem to make them anymore.
When I run it it gives some errors regarding a wrong key, I used the Crystal VC rom and xorpads generated using my 3DS, maybe that's the problem? I don't know but I can try with another one.
I will continue later but any advice will be appreciated.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Looks like I need to focus on getting the unpack tool working then. it doesn't make anything in the decrypted.exefs folder, only 3 bin files in /decrypted/ though I can't seem to make them anymore.
When I run it it gives some errors regarding a wrong key, I used the Crystal VC rom and xorpads generated using my 3DS, maybe that's the problem? I don't know but I can try with another one.
I will continue later but any advice will be appreciated.
well i didnt really use the zero key VC games,the folder layout may differ for those as i just took the script from another thread, i will probably get rid of that one and make one that works the same as the xorpad method with the same layout etc

EDIT, actually i think your following the wrong guide.....there is a separate guide in the OP if your using the BBB pokemon VC roms, you don't need xorpads for them

lps

man with no face
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tagteam.ru
XP
Country
hi, im wondering if someone was able to create a custom BCWAV file.
i was looking around and found nothing.
I had the same question. I'm already find and download leaked sdk and now trying to convert wav to bcwav, but converted files plays incorrect. Maybe somebody can help me with conversion options? (Input wav bitrate etc. and commandline options for waveconverter).
Also, maybe somebody can pm me original banner and icons from zelda - link's awekening?
Thx. Sorry for bad english.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I had the same question. I'm already find and download leaked sdk and now trying to convert wav to bcwav, but converted files plays incorrect. Maybe somebody can help me with conversion options? (Input wav bitrate etc. and commandline options for waveconverter).
Also, maybe somebody can pm me original banner and icons from zelda - link's awekening?
Thx. Sorry for bad english.
they have to be under 3 seconds long

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte