Gaming The First Official Super Smash Bros. Wii U Bundle!

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
11081542-1423050283-718920.jpg
It's pretty much the same thing as a Basic Wii U and a Super Smash Bros. but in this case it's an actual Super Smash Bros. Wii U Bundle Edition and the box looks so freaking awesome!​
Of course I'm not going to pre-order this because of the box but I wouldn't mind if someone woulda send it my way. :P

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It looks nice, but this is such a missed opportunity. Bundle it together with the GameCube Controller Adapter and maybe throw in one or two GameCube controllers? At that point people wouldn't care it's the Basic Pack with 8GB storage.

In a perfect world, Nintendo would make a bundle with a Premium Pack Wii U in white with 32GB storage, the Smash Bros. game, a white GameCube Controller Adapter (the highlight of the bundle), two white GameCube controllers (which thus far have been limited to Japan only), and finally a Mario amiibo to get you started. It'd fly off the shelves. Literally. Price it at around £250 and it's still very profitable without being expensive.

I'd pay £350 for such a bundle and I'm not kidding. The day it's available I'm buying it and posting the receipt online for everyone to drool at.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
£219? And for the Wii U console that only has 8gb storage? C'mon Nintendo, at least make an effort and put a nice paintjob on them to make it "limited edition" instead of trying to repackage the unsold White Wii Us.

Reactions: Taleweaver

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It looks nice, but this is such a missed opportunity. Bundle it together with the GameCube Controller Adapter and maybe throw in one or two GameCube controllers? At that point people wouldn't care it's the Basic Pack with 8GB storage.

In a perfect world, Nintendo would make a bundle with a Premium Pack Wii U in white with 32GB storage, the Smash Bros. game, a white GameCube Controller Adapter (the highlight of the bundle), two white GameCube controllers (which thus far have been limited to Japan only), and finally a Mario amiibo to get you started. It'd fly off the shelves. Literally. Price it at around £250 and it's still very profitable without being expensive.

I'd pay £350 for such a bundle and I'm not kidding. The day it's available I'm buying it and posting the receipt online for everyone to drool at.

I like white consoles as it makes them feel look and feel premium but there's something off about the Wii U's white-ish (kind of a mix between white and yellow), it's as though it's not very good looking whereas PS4 and Xbox One have a great white display colour.

Can't say I ever liked Nintendo's Wii or Wii U white editions due to not being very appealing to look at.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Nintendo's products generally don't look sexy, which is what you want to say. All of their consoles from the NES to the New 3DS all look plasticky and cheap. They are often very well built and have that "sturdy toy" quality to them, which is appealing. However, Nintendo products aren't something you put on display just to look at it. I can understand doing so with the other consoles, especially the first generation PS3 that looked so good you just wanted to caress it. I know that I sound weird for stating that, but it's an actual thing. It's why people are obsessed with Apple products because they are designed to look good and be shown. They are very appealing visually. Nintendo products aren't, as they have a more utilitarian approach to their design.

Don't let nostalgia fool you and just look at Nintendo's products. Then compare to Sony's products.

NES-Console-Set.jpg
238px-Game-Boy-Advance-SP-Mk1-Blue.jpg

240px-Wii-Console.png

320px-PSone-Console-Set-NoLCD.jpg
320px-Sony-PSP-1000-Body.jpg

PS4-Console-wDS4.jpg

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What? Tuesday you were going to sell off your WII U after you played Xeno.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)