Hacking "The file 'game.iso' is too large for the destination file system."

Notshane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I had GameCube games running fine on WiiFlow and were able to be transferred to my FAT32 64GB SD just fine without any problem, but now I am told I can NOT transfer Wii games because they exceed the file transfer limit of 4GB.

So, WHAT am I supposed to do now?!

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So, I had GameCube games running fine on WiiFlow and were able to be transferred to my FAT32 64GB SD just fine without any problem, but now I am told I can NOT transfer Wii games because they exceed the file transfer limit of 4GB.

So, WHAT am I supposed to do now?!

Get Wii Backup manager, un rar it, run it, add your wii isos, next select your drive, hit install and watch the magic go through.

Notshane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get Wii Backup manager, un rar it, run it, add your wii isos, next select your drive, hit install and watch the magic go through.

That sounds really complicated. By backup, does this mean I have to copy everything out of my SD, use this and re-copy it back on? Because that sounds really hard.

Also, what is "Wii Backup Manager" I have never heard of it.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That sounds really complicated. By backup, does this mean I have to copy everything out of my SD, use this and re-copy it back on? Because that sounds really hard.

Also, what is "Wii Backup Manager" I have never heard of it.

No,Wii Backup Manager is a simple .exe that transfers all your .iso wii files (often called backups to avoid piracy connotations) will get transferred to a wbfs folder, if the file is over 4gb then the backup will split the iso in two, but don't worry it works like a charm.

Notshane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No,Wii Backup Manager is a simple .exe that transfers all your .iso wii files (often called backups to avoid piracy connotations) will get transferred to a wbfs folder, if the file is over 4gb then the backup will split the iso in two, but don't worry it works like a charm.

Ah, I see. Alright, it loaded up just fine.

But, now the game itself doesn't load. I managed to put the box art on there, get WiiFlow to load it in the menu and everything. But, the game is just a black screen.

How do I get it to load Wii games through the WiiFlow?

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ah, I see. Alright, it loaded up just fine.

But, now the game itself doesn't load. I managed to put the box art on there, get WiiFlow to load it in the menu and everything. But, the game is just a black screen.

How do I get it to load Wii games through the WiiFlow?

Check what CIOS it's using, try 249, 250, 251, if that is not working then try to use something else like USBloaderGX by Cyan which is more up to date than wiiflow (wiiflow has gone into hibernation from what I understand)

Notshane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check what CIOS it's using, try 249, 250, 251, if that is not working then try to use something else like USBloaderGX by Cyan which is more up to date than wiiflow (wiiflow has gone into hibernation from what I understand)

My friend got Wii games to load through WiiFlow, but said I needed to backup my NAND before putting any CIOS on. How do I go about doing that?

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
My friend got Wii games to load through WiiFlow, but said I needed to backup my NAND before putting any CIOS on. How do I go about doing that?

Ok, from when is your wii? If it's 2008 or later then you need to hit the home button on your remote and select launch bootmii, also install priiloader (use ModMii to do this)

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Um, it is actually Wii Mode on the Wii U.
Then there's really not that much of a need to backup your NAND since there's no way to restore it and IOS's extracted from a backup won't install. However you can restore the backup with hardware flashers. So you should do it just in case using DumpMiiNand here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/dump-mii-nand-a-bootmii-format-nand-bin-nand-dumper-for-vwii-wii.358977/

Otherwise, use this guide to get cIOS's installed: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/

Last edited by endoverend,

Notshane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then there's really not that much of a need to backup your NAND since there's no way to restore it and IOS's extracted from a backup won't install. However you can restore the backup with hardware flashers. So you should do it just in case using DumpMiiNand here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/dump-mii-nand-a-bootmii-format-nand-bin-nand-dumper-for-vwii-wii.358977/

Otherwise, use this guide to get cIOS's installed: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/

Hardware flasher...I'm lost again.

Also, can I just be guided to which CIOS lets me load Wii games on WiiFlow so I do not get the black screen anymore?

Actually, never mind. I forgot that WiiFlow only loads the digital Wii games through Wii Mode, so I just realized I can not use the GameCube Adapter with it for Brawl. That is the only reason why I wanted to do this as it was more convenient to play with those controllers. Knowing I can not, well, I guess I am done here.

But, thanks for the help, anyway! I have a feeling I might have just bricked it anyway.

Last edited by Notshane,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the Gamecube adapter with Gamecube games if you use Nintendont as your GC loader. Devolution may support it too.

Hardware flashing is not important. It's for repairing bricked Wiis. Just don't install anything in an IOS slot under 200 on your vWii and you'll be fine.

If you don't have d2x cIOS installed you'll need it for Wii games but I believe you have to use the actual installer app as ModMii doesn't have vWii WAD support. (installer instructions)

You'll need the vWii d2x: https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/releases/download/d2x-v10-beta52/d2x-v10-beta52-vWii.7z

Just unzip the installer and cIOS files into the same folder so that the "ciosmaps.xml" file is in the folder with boot.dol and has it's folder in the same directory. It should look like this:

boot.dol
Changelog.txt
ciosmaps.xml
<DIR> d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
icon.png
meta.xml
ReadMe.txt
sampleCIOSMAPS.xml

Make sure you use the "vwii" versions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?