• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

The end of Bitcoin?

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone should teach me buying and selling crypto currenies. I know and understand them, just never participated.

I have the sudden hankerin of buying $20 worth of some coin

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought Bitcoins were a currency based on the Mario games. But of course out here in the real world, they were worth real money. Sorta... from the way it sounds on the other 'Temp thread, it sounds like they can be mined in Minecraft? Or some similar program/game? And then traded like Pokemon to increase their value? I never got into the whole thing; it just sounded cool because I associated it with Mario.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that sucks. I invested like 100 into bitcoins for about a month, until someone gained access to my account and stole it and the support staff did absolutely nothing to help me. Lesson Learned: Stick with real money.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Guess what... Mt Gox != Bitcoin
Mt Gox is dead, so what? You can buy fiat with Bitcoin (or the opposite) using other methods. (you can also buy goods/services directly with Bitcoin)
Those who had a balance over Mt Gox are screwed, however Bitcoin has nothing to do with it.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm financially inept, money confuses me.
Especially all this stocks, bitcoin doge stuff

Just notes and coins for me, #SimpleLife

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A bitcoin is not backed up by anything. The US currency is at least backed up by services and goods.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#Bitcoins_are_worthless_because_they_aren.27t_backed_by_anything

Anyway there's a very easy way to prevent yourself from being screwed over like this if you use Bitcoins and that's simply not to trust some random company on the Internet to hold your money. The problem here is people seem to be treating these companies like banks while they are not nearly as trustworthy. Keep your own wallet and as long as your PC is safe, nothing will happen to it. That said I don't believe Bitcoins will ever be widely accepted as a payment method. I do believe that eventually there will be an improved version or something that may stand a better chance, but it's a bit too early, especially with this kind of stuff happening.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
did pickpocketing end other forms of money? sadly, at this point, the greed of a few people will be enough to keep the show running

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, that sucks. I invested like 100 into bitcoins for about a month, until someone gained access to my account and stole it and the support staff did absolutely nothing to help me. Lesson Learned: Stick with real money.

That's very harsh.... How much money did you lose, 20000 USD or so?

OT: I'm a Dogecoin believer, mainly because I didn't have enough money/power to get Bitcoins. Dogecoin is cool though, if I sold now I would have quintupled my money. (x5)
Not going to though, just seeing where it gets eventually

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a little surprised, just a little. They announced just last week bitcoin atms to exchange for "real cash" coming to stores and Wawa(s) all over the US.

D

Deleted User

Well, the future is the internet, but like all "revolutionary" things, the original is never good. The original shows the concept, and inspires others to do better. Point in Case the Oculus Rift, the concept is good, but the object itself won't be up to par.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
To be honest, when I first heard "BitCoin" I thought was one of those coins people used to download stuff off the internet which I don't remember what their term is.

If you actually believe in cryptocurrency you should just burn your money right now. At least that'll keep you warm when your power gets shut down.

Ah yes, so have you become an actor and came out of the closet?

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I enjoy my dollar bills. At least it's backed up by the U.S. shrinking military.
Edited for accuracy.

OT: I'm a Dogecoin believer, mainly because I didn't have enough money/power to get Bitcoins. Dogecoin is cool though, if I sold now I would have quintupled my money. (x5)
Sell when your Mother knows what a Dogecoin is.

I was actually thinking of buying some Bitcoins just recently.
Glad I didn't do it a few weeks ago :)

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always laugh when they keep mentioning Bitcoins on that Almost Human show. Yeah, like they were really gonna last into the future that far.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as it has supporters it won't die but stories like this will make everyone bail out and be a sell-fulfilling prophecy causing it to crash. That is the same with any type of currency no matter how "real" it is.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh no, I lost maybe $150 total. I invested after the bubble had already popped. I mainly just wanted to see how the market worked so I traded eventually got that $50 profit. Not the worst thing to happen but still kinda sucked knowing that the time and money I had invested was gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended