The 'Dygma Raise' Aims To Be "The World's Most Advanced Gaming Keyboard"

dygma-raise-5.jpg

Most keyboards we use still follow the 30 year old design, that is, one not really designed with gaming in mind. We do have gaming keyboards but they mostly follow the classic form factor. While split keyboards are not entirely new, one that has been particularly geared for an optimized gaming experience has not been widely adopted. Meet the Dygma Raise, a split keyboard that has been designed by gamers for gamers that intends to fill this gap.

dygma-raise-4.jpg

Zelda fan spotted

The title of this news post might sound cocky but that's what the official Kickstarter campaign is advertising its product as. The Dygma Raise comes chock-full with options while boasting "no learning curve". With the Raise, you can create multiple layouts and toggle instantly between them. Every key in every layout is remappable and can be configured as a macro with its own color. It also features hot-swappable mechanical switches, interchangeable palm pads, a sturdy full aluminium body, true N-key rollover, RGB Backlight and underglow, 8 thumb keys thanks to a split spacebar and the whole thing can be attached/detached to your liking. The latter feature will allow you to detach either side and play with the other, giving more space for your mouse and be able to play more comfortably.

Another neat feature that I have noticed is that the keyboard is also a natural fit for left-handed gamers, a demography that is often left out.

Naturally this premium product does not come cheap. The current KS pledges allows you to save up to 30%, with a special last week offer priced at €165.

dygma-raise-1.jpg dygma-raise-2.jpg dygma-raise-3.jpg dygma-raise-6.jpg dygma-raise-7.jpg

This ambitious project has been literally kickstarted by the former coach of League of Legends team Fnatic, Luis “Deilor” Sevilla. Luis and I have been in contact and he has been sharing his passion for his project and how he wants to contribute in the gaming industry, particularly in the e-sports field, with a more optimized keyboard in the ergonomic, customization, comfort and aesthetic front. To that end Dygma will be providing GBAtemp with a pre-retail review sample of the Raise so that you can have an exclusive look at what the retail version packs. Keep an eye out for our review sometime during the year!

With the Kickstarter campaign ending on the 21st of January, Dygma has already raised (pun intended) more than 200% of its initial goal. The Dygma Raise is expected to ship in Q4 of 2018.

:arrow: Dygma Raise Kickstarter Campaign
:arrow: Dygma Official Website

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What an ugly thing.
Fuck mechanical keyboards, those things died out in the 90s for a reason.
Noisy nuisance things.
Yeah, they were more expensive to manufacture, easier to maintain and more accurate. A mechanical keyboard is far superior to any membrane to me, but I can see why it would be a matter of preference. I personally go out of my way to have clicky buttons on all of my devices.

Reactions: Xzi

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, they were more expensive to manufacture, easier to maintain and more accurate. A mechanical keyboard is far superior to any membrane to me, but I can see why it would be a matter of preference. I personally go out of my way to have clicky buttons on all of my devices.

How does the wifey think about you ramming away at your clickety click board?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm actually working on a PS4 controller with nice clicky tact switches instead of the mushy membrane as we speak. Love me some of that tactile response.

Be sure to send me pictures n what not.
I'd be interested to see how that works. out.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The keyboard looks...cute? I think it's too niche to ever be any sort of a success. It's incredibly impractical as an everyday keyboard, which gamers should realize they still need. It'll be useful for competitive gaming, but that's an absurdly small market at the end of the day. Gaming keypads are a more practical solution for a more ergonomic keyboard built for gaming...and you can still have your real keyboard plugged in with it.
The price is a final nail in the coffin to be any level of practical for your average gamer. It's a niche product with a high price to compensate for lower sales, but e-sports gamers likely wont look at price when considering it.

What an ugly thing.
Fuck mechanical keyboards, those things died out in the 90s for a reason.
Noisy nuisance things.

What are you talking about? Mechanical keyboards are still definitively at the top in terms of keyboard technology. Durability, functionality, ability to clean, mechanical keyboards are the top of everything.
If you're concerned about the tactile click, there are switches that are much quieter, though of course not quite as quiet as the cheap shitty dome switch/membrane keyboards that exist.
For gamers, it's mechanical or nothing. No one i've met goes back to cheap trash after they try mechanical.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What are you talking about? Mechanical keyboards are still definitively at the top in terms of keyboard technology. Durability, functionality, ability to clean, mechanical keyboards are the top of everything.
If you're concerned about the tactile click, there are switches that are much quieter, though of course not quite as quiet as the cheap shitty dome switch/membrane keyboards that exist.
For gamers, it's mechanical or nothing. No one i've met goes back to cheap trash after they try mechanical.

Only difference about a mechanical keyboard and a toddlers rattler is the price.
They're both equally annoying.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Seems like a decent split keyboard, I don't see what makes it a gaming keyboard though other than the RGB lighting. Damn thing doesn't even have arrow keys, and not every game is made for WASD movement.
Some dedicated macro keys would also have been nice.
This isn't the best option if you want an ergonomic keyboard though. To be truly ergonomic the keyboard would have to be vertical (those do exist, but aren't really designed with gaming in mind so it might be awkward depending on key mapping)
Having the keyboard split in half does help a little though.

stae1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeeaaaaaah.... as a person who types away 4-5 hours a day (typing. Not gaming.) transcribing stuff, mechanical keyboards are infinitely better than laptop keyboards and membrane keyboards.
I had to switch over because my wrists and fingers were killing me.
You just have to find the right one. Lighter keys and o rings reduces noise and saves my wrists and increases typing speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended