The DSTWO discount has ended!

D

Deleted User

Overwhelming said:
Takeshi said:
It's still a good price if you ask me.

Overwhelming said:
Damn! Can't buy it! Only Paypal and MoneyBookers options and can't use them.
frown.gif

(i know, I'm repeating myself, sorry about that.)
You realize that there's a difference between "can't" and "don't want to", right?! I just wanted to point that out--no harsh feelings intended.

Sure I realize. And I realize you're being technical about it, but let's see:

PayPal can't acept my credit card because my bank denies it.
MoneyBrookers ask me to make a X$ deposit, while I can only make deposits in €. Who guarantees that my $ to € convertion is exactly the same as MoneyBrookers when they receive de deposit? Plus, it charges commisions (1.01 to 2.99€ just for veryfying my account and each card, for example).

So, I really can't.
I'm sorry, that's a wholly different case then. I assumed you didn't want to use Paypal because of security reasons. I didn't read about your bank denying the usage of Paypal in your other posts (could be my fault for not looking hard enough).

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whoa whoa hold on, I SUBSCRIBED to the newsletter and got no message for the pre-orders opening up.

....SHIT, Gmail filtered it straight into spam! So much for a discount.
I'd rather wait for reviews anyway.

Edit: How long did the discount last? 12 hours? That's pretty bullshit all things considering.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait!! when did the discount start!?!?!? i had no idea!!! didn't even last a full day?!?!? is that what costy annouched on the tempcast!?!?!? erg! i wanted this!! *cough*still gonna get it*cough*

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
nycsam786 said:
I am also happy that I got my order in, the price without the discount is still good!
not very different at all

at DX the iplayer was $35USD so i'd assume that their price would pretty much just match the current shoptemp price if they were still stocking flashcarts...

also, expect shops like realhotstuff to charge $50
wink.gif

Indie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would have been nice to get an email stating it had started. I got the email yesterday, but that said the price hadn't been determined yet. So in the course of 24 hours it went from that, to being on special discount, to not being on discount anymore? That's very disappointing that such a small window was given to the great users of the site. I feel especially bad for the users that weren't able to even check they email yesterday.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indie said:
Would have been nice to get an email stating it had started. I got the email yesterday, but that said the price hadn't been determined yet. So in the course of 24 hours it went from that, to being on special discount, to not being on discount anymore? That's very disappointing that such a small window was given to the great users of the site. I feel especially bad for the users that weren't able to even check they email yesterday.
It was mostly a special for the Tempcast. Which means anyone outside of the Tempcast knowing was a bonus for them.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Spikey said:
Indie said:
It was mostly a special for the Tempcast. Which means anyone outside of the Tempcast knowing was a bonus for them.
i gave up listening to the tempcast live due to all the annoying pauses but due to my awesome timezone, i got in anyway :3

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the discount. I ordered 2 for myself. I got it because it does pretty much all I want - music, games/emulation, and videos. Can't ask for more.

By the way, when playing videos, does it behave exactly like the iPlayer? Such as, certain restrictions on the size of the video? I love the fact that I can just drag and drop avi videos and watch them on my DS. It'll be great when I go for road trips or commute.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was lucky. I usually check the Temp every morning before school, I had just see the announcement when I was leaving. I was 10 minutes late for school pre-ordering it.
smile.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BoxShot said:
lolzed made a topic.
smileipb2.png
Though he changed it so eh. Still can't afford it.
people should thank me
smileipb2.png

anyway it would get public anyway,so I wrote it for the whole world to see.But then i decided on pre-ordering it...I got in anyway
biggrin.gif

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ordered one with moneybookers but it's not showing up on my account?Is it possible to change payment type or should I just cancel it?

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Whoa whoa hold on, I SUBSCRIBED to the newsletter and got no message for the pre-orders opening up.

....SHIT, Gmail filtered it straight into spam! So much for a discount.
I'd rather wait for reviews anyway.

Edit: How long did the discount last? 12 hours? That's pretty bullshit all things considering.

Same thing happened to me.
Never had it toss an email into spam if it didn't need it before.
Recoverd the emails, dont think I woulda noticed otherwise.

I think I'll wait for more info on it myself as well.
Though need to save up some cash anyways.

Ya, the 12 hour deal was kinda short.
Only seven or so bucks off though anyway and I'm sure they could only afford to have a short discount window anyway.

I hope the card gets an early review or something.

Indie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spikey said:
Indie said:
Except for they mentioned the discount in the email, but then failed to tell us to be on the look out for it not being announced via another email and in the Tempcast.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i don't think that you guys complaining about the small discount window realize that shoptemp lost out on over $1000 of profit on those supercards just to reward you for listening to the tempcast

instead of complaining you missed it, people who got it should be happy that costello and wang are so generous :3

edit: to reflect price change to $39.95

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
i don't think that you guys complaining about the small discount window realize that shoptemp lost out on over $750 of profit on those supercards just to reward you for listening to the tempcast

instead of complaining you missed it, people who got it should be happy that costello and wang are so generous :3
*complain complain complain*
biggrin.gif
JK

Not everyone who ordered listened to tempcast.
If you read the SC2 topic by lolzed PV tells you how to pre-order one. In that topic I wrote 2 times at least that there is a limit as well. Oh and the price increase to $37.50 USD isn't really that bad considering I estimated $50. Stop complaining about missing it. I miss you-know-who redemptions all the time since they happen when I sleep.

Wang = Supercard team product manager?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.