Gaming The Disgaea 5 Limited Edition looks really damn cool!

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,011
  • Replies 21
  • Likes 1
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I'm not a fan of the series though will be getting the game anyway, but for fans of the franchise this is more or less a must. :)

banner.png

UK
US
P.S. I never played a Disgaea game before so this will be my first. :P

Reactions: linuxares

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I haven't played any of them either. So it will be my first. I however will skip the Collectors edition because I just realised when I got older. Collectors editions just become useless tat. So I rather just take the game.

Reactions: Elrinth

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
NISA has very nice Limited Editions if you are really into a franchise. I don't like the Editions with a figure like the ones from Ubisoft etc.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn. I wish I hadn't missed this. Looks like a really cool CE. Disgaea is one of the few NIS series I really enjoy.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Cool stuff that end up just collecting dust. But hey, you can sell it in 15 years for 10$ profit ! ... I don't like collector/limited edition, it's just a way to snatch more money from you and you'll totally get a satisfaction feeling out of that ...

Pip'

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking good. I'm the type of person who never picks up physical copies unless there's collector's editions, and this one being in the 90 USD price range like persona 5 is icing on the cake.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played any of them either. So it will be my first. I however will skip the Collectors edition because I just realised when I got older. Collectors editions just become useless tat. So I rather just take the game.
The only two CEs I have are Overwatch and BotW. Probably gonna keep it that way for the purpose of conserving space, but I am tempted to try a Disgaea game. Just don't know if I'm $48 tempted. Redbox really should rent Switch games.

(Apparently Gamefly does rent Switch games, but ehh...)

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Elrinth

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I recommend people wait because god damn it's expensive to import that game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only two CEs I have are Overwatch and BotW. Probably gonna keep it that way for the purpose of conserving space, but I am tempted to try a Disgaea game. Just don't know if I'm $48 tempted. Redbox really should rent Switch games.

(Apparently Gamefly does rent Switch games, but ehh...)
For 48$ That's a bloody steal! In Sweden it's close to 60$, yay for taxes I guess?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That's the Japanese Limited Edition with special A4 size print and clearfile or some shit. If you want just the game it's only 6180yen.
Yes, but even with that yen it's bloody expensive. I don't know how it's to the US but to me it's like a 20% addon fee because of tax and toll.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a nice set. For $100 that's a really good bargain for those who like these. I have honestly never been able to get into Disgaea, which sucks. I would have loads of game to play. I tried on NDS, PSP, and even the new one for PS Vita.

Reactions: linuxares

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is a nice set. For $100 that's a really good bargain for those who like these. I have honestly never been able to get into Disgaea, which sucks. I would have loads of game to play. I tried on NDS, PSP, and even the new one for PS Vita.
It's a niche genre. It's not your typical RPG, there is no "exploration" per se. The goal is to build up your characters and enter into increasingly more epic battles as time goes on. There is a lot of planning and strategy involved. It's more akin to tabletop combat board games like Battletech, Tactics II, Runebound, Warhammer, Chess, etc. etc.. Although games like Final Fantasy Tactics never really grabbed my interest, I do enjoy turn based combat and for some reason Disgaea 5 with it's over the top quirkiness, humour and sexual innuendo makes it a very enjoyable game to play so far, for me anyway... If you do not like "turn based combat" and have no patience for repetitive battles of differing strategies, then you will definitely not enjoy this game.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a niche genre. It's not your typical RPG, there is no "exploration" per se. The goal is to build up your characters and enter into increasingly more epic battles as time goes on. There is a lot of planning and strategy involved. It's more akin to tabletop combat board games like Battletech, Tactics II, Runebound, Warhammer, etc. etc.. Although games like Final Fantasy Tactics never really grabbed my interest, I do enjoy turn based combat and for some reason Disgaea 5 with it's over the top quirkiness, humour and sexual innuendo makes it a very enjoyable game to play so far, for me anyway... If you do not like "turn based combat" and have no patience for repetitive battles of differing strategies, then you will definitely not enjoy this game.

I'm a fan of the tactical RPGs in general, but disgaea's stands out to me completely as the ability to pick up and throw your own allies into enemies as a viable strategy is just golden.

Reactions: Mr. Wizard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.