Hacking The Definitive vWii Hacking Guide!

gaga24

Trophies
XP
Country
Sure, Wuphax method is available.

https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/7:-vWii-Modding

Its not hard to find older SD card or miscoSD with adapter will work also. 2GB is safety limit, no one say that 4GB od 8GB will not work. You just need to find one that is compatible.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why dou you need tutorial for Wiflow. If you have homebrew, dowload latest and put it in your app folder.
Find, on this site, vwii wiflow forwarder and you are good to go.
Important thing is, use vWii forwarder and not the olede ones for Wii.

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is 4gb sad card still the max for getting homebrew on vwii? Trying to help a friend get homebrew and it's really hard to find a 2/4gb DS card these days... would 16 or 32gb work? Or is there another newer method other than smash stack?
Thanks

Yes, there is another method without any Wii game required. Also, any SD size will do, just need to be FAT32 ofc (see my post just above):
No need to buy any physical Wii game, and any SD card will work following this guide (I done it and worked perfectly fine with my microSD 64GB).

You just need to use wuphax from FIX94 (https://github.com/FIX94/wuphax). It launch like any Wii U homebrew software, and will provide you HBC on vWii directly. You having Haxchi already installed just means you have an easy way to start Wii U HBL (to start wuphax, or any other homebrew).

The guide should be updated for that part.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why dou you need tutorial for Wiflow. If you have homebrew, dowload latest and put it in your app folder.
Find, on this site, vwii wiflow forwarder and you are good to go.
Important thing is, use vWii forwarder and not the olede ones for Wii.

Well my goal is to play my backups. I have an HDD already setup for Wii U use and it's functioning normally. Haxchi is also installed for the Wii U side of things.

I have followed this definitive vWii hacking guide to the T so I have back-up of everything and I have nintendon't functioning normally for my gamecube games.

Wii backups is where it gets interesting for me. I'd like to boot them off the SD card. As far as I know I can only use Wiiflow and CFG. I started trying to figure out Wiiflow but I'm failing apparently. I boot Wiiflow from the vWii HBC and it boots and shows my games, including a small window showing the title and music. However, upon selecting a game to boot after a period of time , approx. 10 seconds, the vWii home menu pops up instead.

At this point I'm wondering how I proceed... Is there a patched ios I need? an ios I'm missing?

Wii backups were put on sd card using wiibackupmanager.

Update: having scoured the site you linked apparently I have to put some ios in. didn't I put lower versions of the same ios's in using the guide of this thread? can I just over write them?

Update 2: Having ensured i have installed "cIOS Installation" of 7: vWii Modding section and took the risk and patched ios 80 i still have the same condition occurring. Perhaps my Wiiflow app is the problem? Is there a reliable source to download and alternate copy of it?

Update 3: Having found 4.2.1 stable wiiflow the same thing occurs. was using wiibackupmanager for the follower wfsd the right thing to do?

Update 4: Solved! the beta53 version is not sd friendly and reverting to beta 52 resolved the issue.

Last edited by Classicgamer,

ShangTsung

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi everyone! Does softmode of vWii allow to launch game discs of different regions for Wii? If yes, what programm I need to install for that purpose (besides Homebrew channel)?
I have Wii U (NTSC-U region) and also I have some original game discs for Wii (PAL and NTSC-J regions). Can I launch them after softmoding vWii?

tefo17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey! Sorry for being newbie, but I'm like hours searching for a fix to my problem and didn't found it.

I started to hack my vWii today. I installed the Homebrew Channel, then the cIOS and the IOS 236, then the USb Loader GX. Well, I downloaded a game to test and put in the Usb hard disk. When I start the loader, it says that the HDD was not detected. Well, I changed the Loader IOS to 58 and the USb was recognized, but when I start the game, it goes to a black screen then shows the vWii Menu again. What can I do?

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I want to change my HDD from 500 GB Toshiba to 4TB Seagate Backup + Hub. I intend to format the Seagate with Bootice and then copy the files from Toshiba to Seagate.

After I format Seagate with Bootice (Fat32, 4096 sectors, MBR partition), Bootice said it was succesfull, but my Windows (7) tried to format my Seagate. Apparently the stock formatter said my Seagate is 1,6 TB now, I tried to format it but it failed because it said it was write protected. I also tried using cmd to remove the read only but my Seagate still innacessible.

How do I recover my Seagate? Does anyone using this particular Seagate here? If I can't use my Seagate on my Wii U then I will return it but first I need to recover it.

(Edit) Okay apparently MBR partition only support up to 2 TB, now can I make one partition for vWii and other partition for anything else? I use USBLoader GX and use Nintendon't regulary

Last edited by misterdarvus,

AdamvsMaximvs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question;

I've got my WiiU set up with Mocha, Wii U HBC, etc, and an external powered USB HDD. I get that my current SD card (128GB) probably won't work for vWii. Will I need a separate hard drive for my vWii backups, or can it use the same HDD I'm using for the Wii U? I gave the first post a couple reads, but either I missed it or it wasn't clear on that part.

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question;

I've got my WiiU set up with Mocha, Wii U HBC, etc, and an external powered USB HDD. I get that my current SD card (128GB) probably won't work for vWii. Will I need a separate hard drive for my vWii backups, or can it use the same HDD I'm using for the Wii U? I gave the first post a couple reads, but either I missed it or it wasn't clear on that part.
Wii U HDD can't be used for vWii.

Reactions: AdamvsMaximvs

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know what's going on but in xenoblade wii VC if I press the stick all the way FORWARD on the wii U gamepad it actually registers as all the way BACK input. Basically I can run forward but as soon as I push the stick all the way up, Shulk starts going backward. This never happened and doesn't happen with any other game in wii U mode.

ok someone else had this problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...enoblade_chronicles_vc_north_america_gamepad/

great, LOL. I can still play with the wii remote but COME ON. Nintendo should have fixed that. Ridiculous

Last edited by marchrius,

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I did everything said for the Hard drive formatting and such to use USB Loader GX, but FAT32 doesn't work with files over 4GB.
Why FAT32 and not NTFS?

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since you can't put WiiU and vWii games on the same HDD, where can I put the Wii/GC games if I hack the vWii on my hacked WiiU? SD card the only option?

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In my case 500GB hdd for Wii U games, 128GB usb stick for wii games and 64GB sd card for Gamecube games.
So you can have a USB stick? I thought I read that you couldn't have 2 HDDs (one for hacked WiiU and one for hacked vWii), so I assumed that meant no stick either.

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you can have a USB stick? I thought I read that you couldn't have 2 HDDs (one for hacked WiiU and one for hacked vWii), so I assumed that meant no stick either.
You can have 2 HDD: a Native formatted Wii U, and a FAT32 for vWii. It's just that the Wii U will ask you every single time to format the FAT32 drive to Wii U format, so you just have to hide it with Ustealth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning