Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally! got it working without needing to hard reboot like crazy!!
Can OP update the OSdriver to the one attached to this video please. It will really help poor newbie like me.
The OSdriver attached will show raceattack failure message and allow to retry without needing to reboot. which saves a lot of time = less frustation
:huh: Which link were you using from the OP? AFAIK, the DefinitivePackage has the newest OSDriver (because that's the one I use lol) and the instructions do say:
Note: If it doesn't work, load System Settings, then exit and try again.

Also, Bully's links redirect to the libwiiu source, which is what mine is built off. They're identical.

EDIT: @BullyWiiPlaza adfly links, really? lol. Maybe I should make every one in the OP use adfly :P

So how do I test if this is working? The eshop seems to be loading fine.
If you have them blocked in your router settings correctly, you should be able to type any of them into a web browser (on your PC or Wii U) and get a message similar to:
This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Google Chrome's connection attempt to nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is a internet connection a must for Loadiine? I can't block URLs or MAC adresses with my router.

For the 3rd option: This sounds really to easy. Strange. Is there a downside?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is a internet connection a must for Loadiine? I can't block URLs or MAC adresses with my router.

For the 3rd option: This sounds really to easy. Strange. Is there a downside?
Don't need internet on the Wii U. I have my MAC Address blocked and I'm using it.

Downside to TubeHax DNS? Only if smea pulls it.. then it would be worthless and everyone would update :lol: But he's highly recognized for his work and wouldn't do such a thing without a seriously advanced warning.

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't need internet on the Wii U. I have my MAC Address blocked and I'm using it.

Downside to TubeHax DNS? Only if smea pulls it.. then it would be worthless and everyone would update :lol: But he's highly recognized for his work and wouldn't do such a thing without a seriously advanced warning.
Thank you.

I assume it worked when a red X is on the download tab? Internet Browser works flawless.

Reactions: fiveighteen

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How do I run the kernel exploit?
Firmware Version Required:
3.1.0, 4.1.0, 5.0.0, 5.3.2Downloads:
Kexploit/OSDriver (source)Websites: (may not contain latest versions)
http://fix94.no-ip.org/wiiu/kernel/osdriver/
http://wj44.bplaced.net/osdriver/payload532.html
1. Load the Wii U Menu
2. Open the Internet Browser
3. Type your URL (IP+Port) from Mongoose into the URL field (Ex: http://192.168.1.239:8080)
Note: Bookmark your server URL for easier future access!4. Click OS Driver (or navigate to your osdriver folder if not using a root index.html)
Note: Wii U will freeze for about 2-5 seconds, then show the home menu settings if it works.
I downloaded your package and did everything until point 3 .. sadly I get an error code (112-1007)

What does that mean? I restarted mongoon and my WiiU several times. Damn. I did not make it very far, huh?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded your package and did everything until point 3 .. sadly I get an error code (112-1007)

What does that mean? I restarted mongoon and my WiiU several times. Damn. I did not make it very far, huh?
Yeah that's pretty early to be getting stuck :lol: Are you sure Mongoose is running, and that you're typing the proper IP+Port into the URL bar? Try typing your IP+Port into the URL bar on your PC and make sure that you can see it from there first.

You may need to add Mongoose to your Firewall exclusions list.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah that's pretty early to be getting stuck :lol: Are you sure Mongoose is running, and that you're typing the proper IP+Port into the URL bar? Try typing your IP+Port into the URL bar on your PC and make sure that you can see it from there first.

You may need to add Mongoose to your Firewall exclusions list.
On the computer it works like a charm.

I thought I did. Just set my Firewall off for 5 minutes to test it. No luck either. Damn it..

Hosted Stuff on PC_2.png

Last edited by Bimmel,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the computer it works like a charm.

I thought I did. Just set my Firewall off for 5 minutes to test it. No luck either. Damn it..

View attachment 26332
That's really odd. Sometimes mine hangs and I have to tap the URL bar and hit enter, or reset the Wii U if it doesn't connect to my router properly. But if I try right after I try on my PC and that works then it usually comes right up on the Wii U as well.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's really odd. Sometimes mine hangs and I have to tap the URL bar and hit enter, or reset the Wii U if it doesn't connect to my router properly. But if I try right after I try on my PC and that works then it usually comes right up on the Wii U as well.
Is it normal that youtube does not work? Get the same error-code here..

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally! got it working without needing to hard reboot like crazy!!
Can OP update the OSdriver to the one attached to this video please. It will really help poor newbie like me.
The OSdriver attached will show raceattack failure message and allow to retry without needing to reboot. which saves a lot of time = less frustation

What sort of settings menu is that in the video I don't ever get anything like that going on?. I'm wondering if hes booting into something else or I am not doing it properly cause it never works for me this settings reset bit I still have to reboot if it happens. Why is he in mii land?

Last edited by Reecey,

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
:huh: Which link were you using from the OP? AFAIK, the DefinitivePackage has the newest OSDriver (because that's the one I use lol) and the instructions do say:

Also, Bully's links redirect to the libwiiu source, which is what mine is built off. They're identical.

EDIT: @BullyWiiPlaza adfly links, really? lol. Maybe I should make every one in the OP use adfly :P

If you have them blocked in your router settings correctly, you should be able to type any of them into a web browser (on your PC or Wii U) and get a message similar to:
This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Google Chrome's connection attempt to nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

Yea its one of the adfly links. I dunno. Its like in the OP. I just downloaded whats offered in OP (its written as build 28.9.15 so i assume its the latest). Being a newbie, i dont really know how to differentiate newer n older build

What sort of settings menu is that in the video I don't ever get anything like that going on?. I'm wondering if hes booting into something else or I am not doing it properly cause it never works for me this settings reset bit I still have to reboot if it happens. Why is he in mii land?

Just go to the description in the video and download the OSdriver. Use the tutorial from OP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im sure thats due to usage of TubehaxDNS

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kawaii is right; that is the one downside to TubeHax DNS. I forgot about that. :P But it's totally normal and unrelated to your problem.

That was showing what appears on the TV when you boot into the settings menu, not what's on the Wii U. It's the normal settings menu though.

I just downloaded whats offered in OP (its written as build 28.9.15 so i assume its the latest). Being a newbie, i dont really know how to differentiate newer n older build
The newest build was actually pushed to GitHub on 9/23/15. Bully just compiled his on 9/28/15 and I compiled mine on 9/26/15. They are the same though. You just coincidentally got yours to work right after downloading that one. :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OP Updated: Loadiine support

+Download
+Noob-friendly guide
+FAQ
+Added to index.html

OP Updated: DefinitivePackage-20151003

+Download
+New index.html layout to accommodate Loadiine

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just made a test with Super Mario 3D World. Is it normal that I have a RPX, but no RPL file? Thought I could extract both of them, out of the .wud

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahm.. no. I .. used Eclipsesin's hosted kernel for the time.. :shy:

Thanks for the information. Maybe I can get Mongoose running someday. : )
At least that's working for you! Hopefully you can. Sorry I didn't really have an answer for why it wasn't. :huh:

@EclipseSin, what's your hosted site so I can add links to each section of my guide?

Reactions: Bimmel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou