Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi
I have a wii u with 4... frameware .(Less than five).

Now I want to hack my console by loadiine v 4 .is it necessary update to 5.3.2 firmware ?(In this case, should i buy the splaton game).

Sincerely thanks.
If i'm correct Loadiine also works on lower/older versions (as low as 2.0.0). 5.3.2 is currently the latest version Loadiine works on.

Before making a descision please note/read the following (from OP):

iTBHymu.png

Cyberevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If i'm correct Loadiine also works on lower/older versions (as low as 2.0.0). 5.3.2 is currently the latest version Loadiine works on.

Before making a descision please note/read the following (from OP):

iTBHymu.png
This is incorrect sir... Loadiine only works for fw 5.3.2 and nowhere else as of now...

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I was wondering if we can detect the manufacturing date of the console, in order to get it with low firmware. Have you noticed anything in the package? I'll check mine when I find it. I got my wii U on February 2013 I think.

lfrgames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was with 5.2.0
went to 5.3.2

confirmed for me update 5.3.2 U
yoshi wolly wood case ( wup-p-ayce-usz 101216a ) made in japan
disc ( wup-p-ayce-usa-0 model no. wup-006 usa ) update 5.3.2 U

Reactions: snakeg

sonicdacrack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, quick question since i am a little confused...
I perhabs want to start using loadiine now...
How is the proccess of switching game...

Is it a one time hack and then i can switch gmaes or do i have to "re-hack" when i want to select another game?

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to update this with the bundle that comes with Splatoon and Smash Bros. (Smash Splat Deluxe Set)
Purchased from Target and it had 5.4.0 U
Thank you a lot for this! I was on the fence about getting the bundle today because I was worried it would be 5.5! I live in Canada though, but I think it would be pretty unlikely for ours to be updated and not yours!

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found a wii u today in a local store with the physical disc of mario kart 8! I'm so happy =D

Edit: It's on 4.0.0 E. mac and server filtering didn't work on my dd-wrt router. i set up tubedns(did an automated internet connetion at first but nothing got downloaded i think). Don't know yet if i'll update to 5.3.2.

Last edited by Loke,

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone confirm that Shovel Knight (EUR disc) comes with 5.3.2 before I buy it?

EDIT - I got the Smash Wii U bundle, with the Wii U coming on 4.0.2E
However, when I search up the code on the dis for Smash, I can never find it so I dont know what update is contained on it. I want to play smash without going over 5.3.2, and the EUR one comes with 5.2 (that has a differrent code)

The disc codes are

Top: WUP-P-AXFP-01 JPN 50
Bottom - 614K1202

Does anyone know what update comes with that? We may have a new revision on our hands...

Last edited by plasma,

koname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after all the information I read am I right in saying that the Wii U loadiine does not read dlc that you bought? If this is right is there way to install dlc or no?

Also are you able to update games to the latest version?

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
Once loadiine is loaded you can access it at anytime by going to the mii maker, you don't have to install it again. So after you finish playing a game just go to the mii maker and here is loadiine again..!

OK, that's the part I didn't realize. Thanks. I also found that it worked better in Mii Maker mode than Smash Bros mode (for loading up) because half the time going into Smash Bros mode would just load Smash bros instead.

and since the XML dumper was just released

Can you please link me to the XML dumper? I tried googling it, but nothing is showing up.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is incorrect sir... Loadiine only works for fw 5.3.2 and nowhere else as of now...
You're right, and wrong.

Loadiine will work on 5.3.1, it was demonstrated in a video somewhere on the forum here. Loadiine should also work on any firmware with a Kernel exploit as well, but it will need address changes and game support may be much lower due to System Version. I'm not saying I didn't forget anything here, but that is the gist of it.

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
Right now I am dumping the content files for Mario Maker. Everything shows up in TCP Gecko and it is successfully extracting to my hard drive. However, a few of the folders show up as empty. Is this normal? Or else what steps need to be taken to ensure a complete dump?

The folders that show as empty:

Content > Env
Content > System > Agl
Content > System > FFL
Content > System > Font
Content > System > GSys
Content > System > Layout
Content > System > PrimitiveRenderer
Content > System > System > FFL

I thought to just check to see if the file sizes match up, but it doesn't seem able to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: