Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

usaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, Im extremely confused now that I updated my wii u from 5.3.2 to the newest one. I used to visit a site click K-exploit and then it runs to either success or fail without using my SD card. And then I click loadine on the website to launch loadine to load games, but after I updated, nothing seem to work now. Can anyone provide me a step to step details or how to get loadiine to work again? :/

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, Im extremely confused now that I updated my wii u from 5.3.2 to the newest one. I used to visit a site click K-exploit and then it runs to either success or fail without using my SD card. And then I click loadine on the website to launch loadine to load games, but after I updated, nothing seem to work now. Can anyone provide me a step to step details or how to get loadiine to work again? :/

I hope you updated the apps on the SD card to match 5.5.1 otherwise they won't work.

usaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you updated the apps on the SD card to match 5.5.1 otherwise they won't work.
Okay, I finally got it to work but when I launch Loadiine GX2, it shows I only have assassins creed and mario kart. But I also have a few other games in there that I used to play before I updated. Do you know what happened to them?

Last edited by usaboy,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...But everytime when I type in wiiubru.com, it loads a video window on my wii u pad and then the screen freezes.

I just tried Wiiubru.com a few times and it consistently freezes on my 5.5.1 system also (even after clearing browser data).

In the browser, go to settings, delete cookies, reset save data.
Then go to http://loadiine.ovh
Hit the button in the upper left to switch to grid mode. That will let you choose kexploit first if you really want to do that instead of using HBL. (or just hit Submit without changing to grid mode.)

Edit: NINJA!

Last edited by nexusmtz,
Reactions: usaboy

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I finally got it to work but when I launch Loadiine GX2, it shows I only have assassins creed and mario kart. But I also have a few other games in there that I used to play before I updated. Do you know what happened to them?

Best guess, considering that you didn't show us the content of your sd:/wiiu/games directory, is that those two games are the only ones that have the ID6 in the directory name, and when you 'updated' your loadiine version, you actually replaced it with a version prior to the addition of the feature that pulls the ID6 from the meta data if it's missing.

If loadiine doesn't say b80ba75, get that from https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases. If you're already at b80ba75, you'll have to provide more info (like the aforementioned directory list and its parent.)

Check that you didn't have a custom game directory in your old config. Also, make sure you didn't put a different/older SD card in by accident. That would certainly explain it.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a problem that's plagued me since I started using the exploit. Normally after my Wii U's turned on, I can use the exploit just once. After I return to the Wii U menu, say, from the Homebrew Launcher or a Loadiine game, attempting to use the exploit again just causes my Wii U to freeze requiring me to force it to power off than power it back on again. Is there any reason why?

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Quick line of questions from me:
My WiiU is running 5.3.2. I had it connected to the internet and it started to download the 5.5.1 update.
I went on with spoofing my fw to 5.5.1 with wupinstaller. I noticed the wiiu still working on downloading the update.
Is it going to to skip installation when it finishes the download and sees my wiiu is on "5.5.1"? Or will it proceed and actually update my device to 5.5.1?
Can I remove the downloaded update file? It's at about 60%. I deleted the wifi connection to prevent download completion.

I have not set up tubehax dns as i figured the 5.5.1 spoof would negate the need of this. And I believe tubehax also blocks e-shop acces?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a problem that's plagued me since I started using the exploit. Normally after my Wii U's turned on, I can use the exploit just once. After I return to the Wii U menu, say, from the Homebrew Launcher or a Loadiine game, attempting to use the exploit again just causes my Wii U to freeze requiring me to force it to power off than power it back on again. Is there any reason why?
Run MiiMaker. That executes whichever program you replaced it with (HBL or Loadiine). You don't need to run the exploit again.
Yep, that. Once you run the exploit successfully, the system is exploited until you power it off again and you can run whatever homebrew you like through the usual entry points (web browser, Sm4sh, or Mii Maker)

Reactions: 7Robins

Diablokiller999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've dusted off my WiiU after a looooong time now because I just bought Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. But now I see that the scene finally evolved and there's homebrew and backup loading available :)
So I'm on 4.3.0 right now and I wonder if I have to update to 5.5.1 (or whatever is on TMS#FE) to play this game via ddd & loadiine or could I stay on my 4.3.0 and can play TMS with a spoof? Do I have any real advantages by staying on my old 4.3.0 anyway or just the same old "maybe in future" :D

Sorry if I haven't found an appropriate answer yet, but after 180 pages it's a little overwhelming to say the least ^^

Last edited by Diablokiller999,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q2XeVtC.jpg

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiU 5.3.2U
Alright I've tried, wiiubru, Mongoose and now Android phone methods same issue.
Resetting Save Data between power offs.

I keep getting the pixelated freeze screen when payload532 is run.
Is it odd to see the same issue via all three methods?
(I've tried at least 3-4 times before switching methods)

I've been playing a lot of vWii this week and just returning back to WiiU gaming after a 2-week break and this is freaking me out. Did I goof something up? I dont see how if I've only been playing vWii and Nintendont.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)