Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to prevent the internet browser from automatically loading the last page you were on? Now everytime I load it tried to load the exploit and it freezes and I have to do a hard reset, and I don't even get the opportunity to delete cookies.
Easiest way is to disconnect your internet connection (in any manner) so the page will get an error. Then you'll be able to reconnect and reset user data or go to another page.

Some was to disconnect:
Change your WiiU wireless setting to use a bogus SSID
Turn off your modem
Turn off your router
Unplug the ethernet between your router and cable modem
Turn off the wireless radio in your router's settings

bees9998

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys any help here would be appreciated as i'm having a similar issue to the person previous to me the only big difference being - I've never been able to reach the exploit, it just hangs at the white screen with the WiiU logo on the bottom right whilst playing music. I've tried repeatedly (turning the WiiU off and on, going to internet explorer, clearing cookies (and sometimes resetting it completely)); replacing the folders on the root of my SD etc etc and nothing seems to work?

Help would be much appreciated as I seem to be going round in circles.

my SD card has been formatted to FAT32 via my mac and is 64gb and this is the folder layout:
  • SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
  • SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/icon.png
  • SD:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/meta.xml
  • SD:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf
  • SD:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/icon.png
  • SD:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/meta.xml

Last edited by bees9998,

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Am I missing something here or is there no way to extract your own disc images? I only see a few games mentioned in the guide. I'm talking about putting a disc in the WiiU, clicking a button, and creating a backup

EDIT: So it seems ddd is required for this, but it doesn't support 5.5.1. Is there an alternaive?

Last edited by synce,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems ddd is required for this, but it doesn't support 5.5.1. Is there an alternaive?

Regarding compatibility, the ddd thread does say "ddd requires kernel access so it's currently compatible only with", but you have kernel access. It just looks like the ddd thread is out of date. @Cyan can't catch everything.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Regarding compatibility, the ddd thread does say "ddd requires kernel access so it's currently compatible only with", but you have kernel access. It just looks like the ddd thread is out of date. @Cyan can't catch everything.
I don't remember writing this, as it was released after HBL, so it already worked on all version compatible with HBL.
I'll check and fix it.

You were right !
I edited and said it will work on all WiiU as long as you can launch HBL.
thanks for reporting it.

Reactions: nexusmtz

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I see, thanks :) Everything is working smoothly except I can't dump Splatoon. I see there's a small section in the FAQ about it:

Splatoon doesn't work because the 0xA0000000 virtual memory range must be reset to default value.

But that's it. I'm not sure what to do about it, how exactly can I dump the game? I'm on 5.5.1

riseofdeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, how do i connect my laptop to the wii u, when hosting the hack with moongose. I used to use an android device with no problem but in my laptop with windows 7 I dont know how to do the "hotspot" part. I already configure moongose, im just missing the connection between the two devices. thank you!

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to configure the Homebrew Launcher to autostart an elf? I'm trying to kid proof my setup as much as possible and after launching the browser exploit I would like it to run Loadiine automatically.

TIA.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there any way to configure the Homebrew Launcher to autostart an elf? I'm trying to kid proof my setup as much as possible and after launching the browser exploit I would like it to run Loadiine automatically.

TIA.
Why don't you start loadiine directly from the exploit?
I thought that the Homebrew launcher is not a mandatory step.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you start loadiine directly from the exploit?
I thought that the Homebrew launcher is not a mandatory step.
Hummm, the exploit has to run something... Just replaced the homebrew launcher elf with Loadiine (and renamed it) and it worked fine directly from the exploit. Sweet, thanks!

LanceToTheN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyas, thx for the guide. Just got my WiiU and a game today and following the guide I got everything working perfectly. I do however have some questions:

1. Can I stay logged into my NintendoID and/or use the social features of the system while playing a backup?
  2. Can I play a game online using my actual disc (Mons Hun 3), or does merely installing HBL on my WiiU permanently flags my NintendoID for banning and I should simply buy a second system?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyas, thx for the guide. Just got my WiiU and a game today and following the guide I got everything working perfectly. I do however have some questions:

1. Can I stay logged into my NintendoID and/or use the social features of the system while playing a backup?
  2. Can I play a game online using my actual disc (Mons Hun 3), or does merely installing HBL on my WiiU permanently flags my NintendoID for banning and I should simply buy a second system?
1. You can stay logged in (unless you're playing Minecraft) and use Loadiine. You can also access Miiverse while you're playing, but you can't make posts specified for the backup you have loaded; the system thinks its running Mii Maker. It's best to stay on the safe side and not use Miiverse, but if you must you can.

2. Yes, you can play online using legit retail discs and digital copies. No risk of ban. However, you can't play online using the backups.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hummm, the exploit has to run something... Just replaced the homebrew launcher elf with Loadiine (and renamed it) and it worked fine directly from the exploit. Sweet, thanks!
When i go to loadiine.ovh I can choose for Loadiine, homebrew browser and even more.... So I am not sure why you should rename?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, confession time; I 'm way behind the scene, like pathetically so, and I've seen numerous posts that 5.5.1 is no longer a problem for homebrew (like Loadiine GX2, etc). Is this true? If so, where can I read up on that reassurance?

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, confession time; I 'm way behind the scene, like pathetically so, and I've seen numerous posts that 5.5.1 is no longer a problem for homebrew (like Loadiine GX2, etc). Is this true? If so, where can I read up on that reassurance?
See any posts complaining that they cant run any popular HB's because they're FW is not supported ? Seeing none of that nonsense anymore on the forum is enough proof itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.