FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Can the wii u he updated without you confirming and choosing?
If it is off, connected to the internet, and set up to download updates, then possibly yes. I usually just disconnect and delete the WiFi setting before turning it off. Yes, it's a pain, but it's the best for my console (even if Nintendo doesn't think so).

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOOD GOD I BROKE IT @fiveighteen CHANGE IT BACK

Go back two revisions, that's the last time it was tolerable. Next time I try edits I'm going to do it in docs and then copy/paste so that I know exactly whats going on
lololol. Dude, BB code is the worst when it thinks it's trying to be smart. It's like "Oh I bet you want 12 bold tags in a row right here! Let me help you with that." Like no, just do as I say.

I'll be home from work in abouuut 2 hrs to fix it up.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lololol. Dude, BB code is the worst when it thinks it's trying to be smart. It's like "Oh I bet you want 12 bold tags in a row right here! Let me help you with that." Like no, just do as I say.

I'll be home from work in abouuut 2 hrs to fix it up.
I actually switched into the BB code editor to try to manually clean it up and NOPE it decide to play a game of "lets replace all the spoilers with bold tags and multiply it by infinity squared"

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually switched into the BB code editor to try to manually clean it up and NOPE it decide to play a game of "lets replace all the spoilers with bold tags and multiply it by infinity squared"
Haha it's in progress now.. don't touch it :P Will edit when done.

EDIT 8:27PM - 345 lines down, 661 to go
EDIT 8:52PM - 461 lines down, 541 to go

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

redzero36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to block updates by router. I've blocked the websites but I keep getting the message that shows it isn't working. I've also added other sites to block to see if its blocking them. When I load them up in the web browser they can't load.

this is what I'm getting
Code:
DNS server handling your query: localhost
DNS server's address: 127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
Address: 69.25.139.164

Last edited by redzero36,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to block updates by router. I've blocked the websites but I keep getting the message that shows it isn't working. I've also added other sites to block to see if its blocking them. When I load them up in the web browser they can't load.

this is what I'm getting
Code:

If the websites that you tested with are properly blocked, I would also assume that the update servers are as well. If you're feeling bold, try it and just be ready to yank the plug out quick.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

this is what I'm getting
Code:

I'm not completely understanding you but if you are testing it from your PC, you need to clear your DNS cache. If not, it'll work until you do.

Type ipconfig /flushdns in a command prompt.

It may be the same on your Wii U so go to the browser and clear the cache.

After that, try again and this time it won't allow you to connect to the update server. You can test it by trying to ping the server. It should fail.

redzero36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not completely understanding you but if you are testing it from your PC, you need to clear your DNS cache. If not, it'll work until you do.

Type ipconfig /flushdns in a command prompt.

It may be the same on your Wii U so go to the browser and clear the cache.

After that, try again and this time it won't allow you to connect to the update server. You can test it by trying to ping the server. It should fail.
I tried the ipconfig /flushdns and I still get the same results. I also tried clearing the cache same thing.
If the websites that you tested with are properly blocked, I would also assume that the update servers are as well. If you're feeling bold, try it and just be ready to yank the plug out quick.
well I'm on 5.5.1. Can I try to load up eshop and see if it works?

Also for some strange reason when I add "nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net" on my list of blocked urls, the website that I blocked stops being blocked. This is most likely a router problem right? I'm using DD-WRT v3.0-r28000M kongac firmware.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks much better, thank you. Everything is significantly cleaner now. Anything I can do to help, or are you going it alone?
921 down, 99 to go. I got it covered, thanks. :)

well I'm on 5.5.1. Can I try to load up eshop and see if it works?

Also for some strange reason when I add "nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net" on my list of blocked urls, the website that I blocked stops being blocked. This is most likely a router problem right? I'm using DD-WRT v3.0-r28000M kongac firmware.
Yes, eShop would be blocked if it worked. That is strange... I couldn't get blocking to work from my router (ASUS), so unfortunately I'm the most helpful person on this subject.

EDIT: @TotalInsanity4, it's finished, and saved to my Desktop so I never have to spend another 4 hours doing this lmao.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

redzero36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
921 down, 99 to go. I got it covered, thanks. :)

Yes, eShop would be blocked if it worked. That is strange... I couldn't get blocking to work from my router (ASUS), so unfortunately I'm the most helpful person on this subject.

EDIT: @TotalInsanity4, it's finished, and saved to my Desktop so I never have to spend another 4 hours doing this lmao.
I tried loading youtube because I need to reset my NNID password again because I forgot it. Then I saw youtube show a updating screen but I got an error code 105-4207. Does that mean its blocked? Should I try to link my NNID or is it already blocked?

b4mvt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, I'm on 5.5.1, using tubehax dns to block updates, it says that there is a pending update, but that's just what it does when it can't reach the servers right?

I haven't seen anything reported about an update, and I feel like I remember this happening before when I was on 5.5.0, but it's been a while.

Just want to make sure it's still safe to temporarily turn off tubehax to access the eShop, I want to grab a VC game of each type so I can inject to them.
Speaking of Injecting, is there a game of each console that is preferred to use for injecting?

Thanks guys!

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, I'm on 5.5.1, using tubehax dns to block updates, it says that there is a pending update, but that's just what it does when it can't reach the servers right?

I haven't seen anything reported about an update, and I feel like I remember this happening before when I was on 5.5.0, but it's been a while.

Just want to make sure it's still safe to temporarily turn off tubehax to access the eShop, I want to grab a VC game of each type so I can inject to them.
Speaking of Injecting, is there a game of each console that is preferred to use for injecting?

Thanks guys!
It should have a red X over the download management icon. But there's no need to ever disable TubeHax. Use NUSPatcher to enable eShop access. (Check the OP)

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
For some reason I can't get DD-WRT to filter the urls. Have them all in the "Website Blocking by URL Address" section, added the mac of the wiiu and my PC ( for testing). But they still resolve using the kloth.net link from the OP.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, with Cafiine Splatoon hangs when it gets to the file "/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/0005001b/10051000/content/00/erreula/erreula.pack". Any ideas?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For some reason I can't get DD-WRT to filter the urls. Have them all in the "Website Blocking by URL Address" section, added the mac of the wiiu and my PC ( for testing). But they still resolve using the kloth.net link from the OP.
Is there any other switch?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use this website.

To check if your router is properly blocking the URLs:
Domain: <copy/paste one of the URLs>
Server: localhost
Query: A (IPv4 address)

To check if TubeHax DNS is properly blocking the URLs:
Domain: <copy/paste one of the URLs>
Server: 107.211.140.065
Query: A (IPv4 address)

An NSLOOKUP web page is helpful for determining host addresses from the perspective of the server on which the web page is running. What you do on your PC, your WiiU, or your router won't change how some server on the internet resolves a host name. Localhost on that web page is their server, not the device which is reading the page. In other words, using localhost as the server results in checking kloth.net's DNS server, which isn't the TubeHax DNS, so you get Nintendo's real addresses.

On the other hand, the second test is valid inasmuch as the description matches the action. You're telling kloth.net to do a query using the TubeHax DNS server. The TubeHax server doesn't return the real addresses. Keep in mind though, that all you know from that test is that TubeHax DNS is working. It doesn't know or care if your WiiU is actually configured to use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here