Hacking The Cube - Game freezes at instructions screen [USB Loader GX]

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Priiloader region free has no effect on Games launched from USBLoaders.
It's only for games installed on your System menu (channels, wiiware, Virtual consoles).

Your wii is not messed up at all.
You just fixed it by reinstalling IOS36.
Your wii is fine and correctly setup.

If games don't work, it's either a loader's setting issue or the ISO is bad, or it's just that the game is not compatible with USBLoaders.
There are few games not compatible.

in the game settings, be sure to set video mode to match the Game's region.
Settings>Loader settings>Disc default (or Game default).
Don't choose "console default" or it will boot all games with PAL option.

KopaM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Priiloader region free has no effect on Games launched from USBLoaders.
It's only for games installed on your System menu (channels, wiiware, Virtual consoles).

Your wii is not messed up at all.
You just fixed it by reinstalling IOS36.
Your wii is fine and correctly setup.

If games don't work, it's either a loader's setting issue or the ISO is bad, or it's just that the game is not compatible with USBLoaders.
There are few games not compatible.

in the game settings, be sure to set video mode to match the Game's region.
Settings>Loader settings>Disc default (or Game default).
Don't choose "console default" or it will boot all games with PAL option.

Thank you, that's great to know.
It might be a bad ISO, I don't really know any good place to get them. It was just a random French website.

I opened USB Loader GX, clicken on the game, click settings and I tried to set video mode to all of these: Region Patch, Disc Region, Force NTSC, Force NTSC480p and none of them worked.
But there's one weird thing (might be because it's an NTSC game), the "banner" I believe it is, isn't showing when going into Wipeout 3/4 but it is with the other games (even The Cube which doesn't work).

Picture of working game: http://i.imgur.com/ewFMiyv.jpg
Picture of Wipeout 3/4: http://i.imgur.com/rlq1JXO.jpg

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
either a bug, or the ISO is bad.

You can also verify that your ISO is not write protected.
Put your HDD on your computer and check the file's attributes. disable "Write protected".
I don't know why, but it affects compatibility.

Reactions: KopaM

KopaM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
either a bug, or the ISO is bad.

You can also verify that your ISO is not write protected.
Put your HDD on your computer and check the file's attributes. disable "Write protected".
I don't know why, but it affects compatibility.

I can only access my HDD through WiiBackupManager because it's formatted but the program says it got both write and read permissions.
I think I might have found the problem with Wipeout 3/4 (but not The Cube).

27f6edebe1.png

On the Wipeout games it says "Partions: ????" and "IOS version: IOS0". Is it because it's a bad ISO?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes
it can't detect if the Game partition is present or not in the ISO.
both your ISO are bad.

If your drive is WBFS format, then you don't need to care about write protected file.
BUT you have to care about corrupted games.
Adding new games can corrupt already present games without you knowing it. It might be the cause of the black screen or freezes you have in games.
Use WiiBackupManager Sha1 option to verify your games. if it's red then it's corrupted.

If you have only these 5 games, you can format the drive to FAT32 and reinstall games with wiiBackupManager or with the disc directly in the loader.
If you have lot of games, you can use wbfs2fat to convert the partition format without losing games.

Reactions: KopaM

KopaM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes
it can't detect if the Game partition is present or not in the ISO.
both your ISO are bad.

If your drive is WBFS format, then you don't need to care about write protected file.
BUT you have to care about corrupted games.
Adding new games can corrupt already present games without you knowing it. It might be the cause of the black screen or freezes you have in games.
Use WiiBackupManager Sha1 option to verify your games. if it's red then it's corrupted.

If you have only these 5 games, you can format the drive to FAT32 and reinstall games with wiiBackupManager or with the disc directly in the loader.
If you have lot of games, you can use wbfs2fat to convert the partition format without losing games.

That changed a lot, actually!
I formatted it to FAT32, reinstalled the games and now all MD5 hashes are found, the IOS' are correct and the partitions are correct as well.
I haven't checked the games on the Wii yet but I will soon. If it doesn't work after this, I'm giving up :).

But thank you so much for all your help - I just noticed there's a like button, I'll make sure to hit that!

EDIT:
It says Wii Party is corrupted but that's one of the games that is working. Or, it did work before, haven't tested it yet.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MD5 hashes in Wii Backup Manager are only calculated when the game is transferred or you force it to. You can go to the drive's tab in WBM, then select Tools>MD5 hash>Calculate missing to do the other ones.
The WBFS hashes won't match the ones 1:1 ISOs, though.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: