GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, since the Wii can be 'tower' or 'flat' i don't know what would be considered the bottom, but I'll consider the bottom of it being flat the bottom. Like where the SD card reader is. WHY IS IT SO FRIGGIN HOT! I have it on for the 24/7 thingy and its pretty darn hot all the time, even after 4 days of not playing it O.O ! I pull out an SD card and that thing is so hot that the glue holding together my SD card seems to be weakening..
frown.gif
anyone know or have the same dealio?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Make sure the air intake and exhaust grille isn't blocked by anything. And try putting thicker pads on the bottom (where those teeny weeny rubber ones are) to lift your Wii off the surface a bit.

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The left side (or bottom side in your setup) of my Wii gets quite warm when I leave it in WiiConnect24 mode, some units though have a problem of that side getting really hot, and the fact that you are using that side as the bottom means it isn't getting well ventilated so the problem is greatly exacerbated. The only way you can stop it getting that hot is if you have your Wii vertically or if you don't leave it in WiiConnect24 mode, instead turn it off properly when you're not using it, ideally you should do both if possible.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have same problem due to that wiiconnect ... i allways press the ower button long enough so that the wii does not go into standby with the red light

i don't understand why they made that other standby ... there is no reall use at least for me ... it just heat up the wii ... i can turn it on with the wiimote when it has the red light as well and there it doesn't heat up :/

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i don't understand why they made that other standby ... there is no reall use at least for me ... it just heat up the wii ... i can turn it on with the wiimote when it has the red light as well and there it doesn't heat up :/

It's useful for me, because I don't have that overheating problem, only a slight warmth. So I leave it in WiiConnect24 mode all the time, that way I know when I receive a message and I get to see the fabled blue light
wub.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my wii console gets quite hot on the bottom when lying flat and in WC24, but I feel it's nothing to worry about. but if it feels as if you are burning your fingers, better turn the console of over night.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.