Gaming The Binding of Isaac : Rebirth coming to New 3DS Uncensored

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
header.jpg

Many people believed that Nintendo would NOT release this game on the system due to it's content being for much maturer audiences, however this is not the case.
What started off as an April Fools joke by the makers, now turns out to be refuted a day later the joke was there to set people off but then bring them back down to earth after revealing the game is real and is releasing soonish. (Could be possibly around the corner, next month or in Summer 2015.)
The Binding of Isaac : Rebirth (That's right. Rebirth, the remake will be released on both the New 3DS and Wii U and also the Xbox One. Note: I said "NEW" 3DS, could it be that older 3DS's won't be getting this game due to the processing power it needs to render the games art style definitively?

The game is confirmed to be NOT censored in any way, shape or form, just how did they do it?
From Tyrone Rodriguez's Twitter.

Tyrone Rodriguez @tyronerodriguez Follow
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth for new 3DS, Wii U or Xbox One is not censored in any way.

(I can't copy his post like a picture for some reason. Boo. It will have to do, for more information though head to the source below, it even has videos of the game running on a New 3DS.)

Source: Nintendo Life

Will you be taking the plunge and journeying with Isaac on the New 3DS?
Leave your thoughts in the comments below. I personally am hyped for this.
After that awesome Nintendo Direct, I'm glad to see this wasn't an April Fools joke after all.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
neat, i love the original binding of isaac on steam..
i didnt get the rebirth yet, but knowing i can get it on the 3ds its pretty neat, that game would feel better on the handheld..

btw giratina3 i don't think OLD 3ds get the normal binding of isaac, since the original was build on adobe flash...
IIRC they built the first one on flash because it had vector graphics, instead of the usual "pixel by pixel" graphics engines..
they decided to make it on a real game engine, to make the game improved on performance..

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont get ppl who scream "omg ima playing isaac since novmbr on a higr qualty scren LOL!!!"

Damn, and I can play Rebirth on a PC, which I think its higher resolution

Anyways seems like this is another reason to buy a N3DS. :D

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a New 3DS back in Jan./Feb. for the SS3D and the extra RAM.
To me, being able to play that-one-game-what-nobody-ever-shuts-up-about is just a bonus, albeit a rather nice bonus.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who's put in 80+ hours between Steam and Vita, I'm more hyped that it's coming to the Wii U than the N3DS; I can't really imagine the latter running more smoothly than the already slowdown-prone Vita version, or including multiplayer. Now, if someone managed to push through a custom Isaac-themed N3DS bundle, I'd probably change my mind, but the odds of that happening are zero.

Regardless, this is one of those games everyone should be hyped for, and I'm a bit disappointed that there's little to no discussion for any of the new versions.

Reactions: endoverend

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
As someone who's put in 80+ hours between Steam and Vita, I'm more hyped that it's coming to the Wii U than the N3DS; I can't really imagine the latter running more smoothly than the already slowdown-prone Vita version, or including multiplayer. Now, if someone managed to push through a custom Isaac-themed N3DS bundle, I'd probably change my mind, but the odds of that happening are zero.

Regardless, this is one of those games everyone should be hyped for, and I'm a bit disappointed that there's little to no discussion for any of the new versions.

I'm still psyched for the N3DS version since I don't own a Vita and I'm desperate to play this game on the go. I'm also super excited for the Afterbirth expansion coming out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk