Hacking Homebrew The biggest Psp scene news ever.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
It will work on my PSP but I have to wait until the battery charges
dry.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
these guys really do 0wn the psp scene and sony lol
bet sony would love to have such dedicated people working for them

But they ARE. One year ago, I wouldn't have given a shit about a PSP - Now, with subsequent price drops and the hint of another one, once the slim is released, I'm looking forward to buying a used emulation station.

The homebrewers did something that the genius who came up with "cheese you can listen to" couldn't.

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the Psp slim, the reports I have read from those about the Pandora battery not working are never detailed or certain. One person said they didn't remember whether any of the lights were flashing while trying out the battery and another person said that it booted to a blank screen.

If the Pandora battery boots to a blank screen and the Psp memory stick light flashes a few times it means that it will have a high chance of working. Since the 1.5 firmware is completely blocked out of the Psp slim hardware Pandora will not boot but a modified Pandora that boots up using a 3.X Custom IPL will. So booting to a blank screen with a flashng memory stick is good news.

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the new psp and with the pandora battery/stick it only gives a green power light, nothing else!

I would be more worried if your new Psp slim booted as normal when you tried it with the Pandora battery. The fact that you get a green power light and nothing else suggests that Service Mode is triggered but it can no longer read the required files from the memory stick. I have heard from a well known Dev who says it would take a huge amount of work to get Pandora working again on the Psp slim but it is possible.

I think a 3.60 firmware exploit that has nothing to do with Pandora will be found before this is working though.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's nice to have something to fall back on if something fails. But seriously, what happened to the SNES emulator? I remember there's one but I have to adjust the frameskip and other stuff to get it working. Surely after all this time, things should have improved... or did the developers abandoned it?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh...sorry didn't see that you had a PSP2K...

The battery doesn't work for it. I believe they have shown that it doesn't even put it in service mode. You're going to have to wait and pray that someone finds an exploit in a new game or in the new firmware itself.

tyasawa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
O,o i kinda tempted to buy a psp now.. and im the type of person who cannot wait.. plus yesasia sells psp slim pretty cheap.. even cheaper than the old one.. ;_;..

i dont really know about psp hacking scene.. but do u guys think i should wait patiently for the slim one to be hacked or just buy the old one? i cant see any obvious difference between them anyway.. dont need the tv output

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The original link is dead...so I gotta ask as well...can I buy a NEW PSP and run the service mode on it?
Not working as of yet on the slim and light thing (service mode works but currently there is not software to boot anything nor anything to downgrade to); any of the old/fat style PSP's are acessible to the current pandora software.
http://www.noobz.eu
It's a couple of topics down.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
i cant see any obvious difference between them anyway.. dont need the tv output
The new one has 64MB of ram (old one had 32). It's supposedly supposed to give a boost to performance in homebrew, such as the snes emulator which currently runs a lot of games slowly. But I'm just going by what other people have told me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: