The best thing happened to day!

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A Sonic mania Patch is coming soon. Announced on their twitter, the patch will include the obvious game breaking fixes (let's hope is all of them even the small ones like the sound issues and random crashes, sorry speedrunners, gonna have to update to keep uploading leaderboard times) and the well known nintendo switch home button delay lag, and the big new, the return of the super form button. If you examine the top right corner of the screen, (not sure if a xbox or nintendo Y button) it will be a stand alone button to use your super form. Sonic 4 was the first game that featured this function, and returns making it a good thing. This means you never have to sacrifice your shield power if you using sonic, or prevent yourself from using your double jump ability such as any of sonic shield abilities, or drop dash, tails' flying or knuckles' gliding to conserve your super form.

In case you aren't familiar with what i'm speaking about. In sonic 2 on genesis, completing the special stages 7 times earned you 7 chaos emeralds which you can use to turn into super sonic, this form has higher jump, acceleration, and faster speed along with invincibility at the cost of 1 ring per second and can be done by jumping when holding more than 50 rings. If anyone known the frustration of trying to keep your rings for those very important moments such as boss battles or escaping a challenging part of the level, it just became easier. :)

FULL CHANGE LOG
  • There is now a separate command for turning into Super Sonic. Triangle for PS4, Y for Xbox, and X for Switch Example
  • Using the Bubble Shield bounce as the second act of a zone started no longer crashes the game…yes that was a thing too
  • The game no longer saves your score after finishing a game file. Starting on any level from a finished game file resets the score to 0
  • Some general bug fixes such as glitching into Knuckles’ section in Green Hill with Sonic
  • The Dunkey easter egg was removed
  • Switch home delay has been fixed
  • Press Garden Act 2 had a path with a row of 4 ice cubes that you couldn’t get past without the fire shield. If you had Super Sonic without Tails, you were locked in there till the Super form wore off Example That row of ice cubes has been cut down to two to compensate for that situation should it occur Example
:arrow: Source

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
They're fixing the Switch home button issue? Finally! I'm amazed Nintendo even green-lit the game with that kind of issue because it literally cripples the Switch's OS functionality slightly and for any other console would be a major red flag. Is this also going to fix the stutter in some special stages that occurs if you go to the home menu or put the system in sleep mode while the game's running? I hope so.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patch update now available on switch. Just press start or + and update software. :D

• There is now a separate command for turning into Super Sonic. Triangle for PS4, Y for Xbox, and X for Switch Example
  • Using the Bubble Shield bounce as the second act of a zone started no longer crashes the game…yes that was a thing too
  • The game no longer saves your score after finishing a game file. Starting on any level from a finished game file resets the score to 0
  • Some general bug fixes such as glitching into Knuckles’ section in Green Hill with Sonic
  • The Dunkey easter egg was removed
  • Switch home delay has been fixed
  • Press Garden Act 2 had a path with a row of 4 ice cubes that you couldn’t get past without the fire shield. If you had Super Sonic without Tails, you were locked in there till the Super form wore off Example That row of ice cubes has been cut down to two to compensate for that situation should it occur Example
:arrow: SOURCE

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you know how sonic fans are, some mediocre games and they are triggered. Is nothing of my concern. If I like it, good for me, not really much to say here. I was just posting for patch notes.

So far, i think most of the crashes are fixed, the super form button is a god sent, but now they rearranged the buttons for debug mode. Now i have to get used to it all over again, wonder why not just make it like it was on Genesis, or use the shoulder buttons, there is like 8 buttons to choose from. O_O

Extra notes not on the list. When debug mode is active, all stage transitions to the next act/zone is gone, the screen fades to black and loads after, no "STORY" transition. When using the big ring item in debug mode, it simply grants 50 rings instead of accessing the special stage. You must manually go there by finding one in the stage.

To be honest, the debug mode button arrangement is odd, they could have modeled it after a genesis controller like it was for the first 3 games, but it uses 4 buttons now. If anything, they could have just used the L and R to cycle through items. Instead you have to press and hold the button used to cycle through items and then press the button used to set items. What was wrong with just the L and R buttons? :wtf:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1