Gaming The Amiibo Discussion Thread

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
I've no Wii u so no use for them at the minute. I already collect the Disney figures (and like most my wallet hates then but I love em).

How do they work with smash bros? They add the characters in game (are they available in game as unlocks without the amiibos?).

Also I seen ones for new super Mario bros I think, what do they do for that game? Thanks

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Toys “R” Us to sell fan-made amiibo customizations on its website

ToysRUsEvilos-700x329-656x308.png

Toys “R” Us is in talks to sell custom amiibo from creator “Evilos”. While the two sides are in the negotiating phases, everything is proceeding as planned and the fan-made figures will be sold online at some point. Pricing and other details are up in the air at the moment, but we’ll let you know more as soon as we receive more information.

http://nintendoeverything.com/toys-r-us-to-sell-fan-made-amiibo-customizations-on-its-website/

Fan made Amiibos? This is why I don't want to buy an Amiibo. I'm scared I will get stuck in the collecting phase and feel like I need to have all of them. Things like this will just make it worst.
Yea evilos does amazing work, I've a custom infinity figure of his and its great. He opens the package carefully and paints the figures and puts them back in the packaging as if bought new. Yea the collector in me wants these so bad.

Rosilina looks awesome, as does star fox

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm thinking of buying one just to try it out, preferably zelda or samus but i was wondering, is there a particular amiibo that is compatible with the most WiiU games to date?

Get Samus and avoid Link because he's one of the worst looking amiibos out there, but if you don't care about the character's design then Link could be extremely useful for Smash/Kart/Warriors and the new upcoming Zelda game.

I don't know what Nintendo was thinking releasing Link like that.. *smh*

How do they work with smash bros? They add the characters in game (are they available in game as unlocks without the amiibos?).

Also I seen ones for new super Mario bros I think, what do they do for that game? Thanks

• Mario Kart: Unlocks a Mii Racing Suit (as long as the amiibo figure is part of the roster)
  • Smash: You can raise it up to level 50 and play against it.
  • Zelda Warriors: With Link or Toon Link you can unlock the content that it has behind that paywall. Both amiibos give the same result
  • Mario Party 10: This game has a mode called "amiibo Party" which consists of 9 amiibos to play pretty much the entire game otherwise you're not even going to play this.
  • Captain Toad: If you buy the Toad amiibo he'll unlock a new 'mode' which is Hide & Seek; you just go around each stage looking for Toads hidden here and there.
I don't really care about the functionality they have as I only collect them, not all, just some.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/03/03/nintendo-explains-why-re-releasing-amiibo-is-hard

TLDR: Little Mac, Villager and Capt Falcon re-releasing in Japan in May, making Amiibo's 2 hard for n1ntend0h, and they further discuss the probability of AMIIBO cards.
What a load of ass!

In honesty, these amiibo figures are just glorified Happy Meal toys so thus far they have no reason to be giving excuses as to why they can't make it. Heck, the retail release of amiibos isn't even like they showed during E3 so the quality dropped but still great looking figures, while some have awkward faces or curved swords/wands.

Let's say Nintendo does release amiibo cards and then they go out of print? Will they say they're also "hard" to make?

If both physical releases go extinct all that's left is making it DLC content.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
  • Zelda Warriors: With Link or Toon Link you can unlock the content that it has behind that paywall. Both amiibos give the same result
Unless he desperatly wants the glider, there's literally no point in getting Link for Hyrule Warriors. Any non-franchise amiibo is more usefull, especially if the user is uncapable of performing the ruby glitch.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Luckily I got a Marth amiibo before they all disappeared. I just hope they release a "Mario Party amiibo" of Rosalina. She´s probably the only character in Mario franchise I would care enough to have an Amiibo, but since she was so exclusive, it already disappeared and reseller prices are sky-high now. I wanted Lucina too, and that means I will have a bad time...

Also, that Evilos customizations are really amazing :blink:

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Luckily I got a Marth amiibo before they all disappeared. I just hope they release a "Mario Party amiibo" of Rosalina. She´s probably the only character in Mario franchise I would care enough to have an Amiibo, but since she was so exclusive, it already disappeared and reseller prices are sky-high now. I wanted Lucina too, and that means I will have a bad time...

Also, that Evilos customizations are really amazing :blink:
There'll definitely be a new Rosalina amiibo but unfortunately it won't be as detailed or great as the Smash edition.

YbcEacN.png

Be sure to pre-order as soon as you see it live or you'll miss out.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I didn´t know it was already confirmed! Thanks for the info, I will keep an eye on it. :ninja:

Mario Party 10's official Japanese is how I became aware of it plus many others (Shinko was the one who originally brought it up).

i still after rosalina villager and little mac

Rosalina is a hard one to come by but Villager and Little Mac? Doesn't FNAC, Carrefour, Worten, E.Leclerc, Pingo Doce, Toys R Us or other retailers have it there?

I'd bet that E.Leclerc in Andorra has it but I don't visit Andorra very often and it'd be crazy to go there for a plastic toy of all things. :P

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, maybe you can help me.
My niece is just nuts over her Amiibos and wants me to build a stand for them all, but I don't have one to take measurements from.
Could somebody give me the sizes of the base (width and height) and the height of some of the figures without their bases so I can get started on designing this?
Millimeters would be preferred, in this case.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This topic will serve for all Amiibo talk in one place ideally so that it'll be more organised and cleany.

I recently got my Villager, Rosalina and Bowser and here's their pics:
I said to myself "I'll never get any amiibos because they don't look anywhere near as good as they were during E3" but now I own three and they're friggin' cool!

Rosalina has a curved wand but eh, I can live with that.

I'm definitely going to see to it that I also own Shulk, Pac-Man and King Dedede (already have Ness & Mega Man on pre-order).
My regret is not understanding what stupidly high prices people would pay for these cheap shoddy pieces of plastic, especially that I had access to stacks of some of the current ones going for insane prices given the regional poor weather and low traffic to b&ms.

I just do not in any way shape or form understand the phenomenon and even worse the prices people are paying... it's like furbies or something...

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know the worst thing about these things and prices are that there are so many of them that they'll probably NOT sustain their scalping prices long term... hell even if they did there'd be no $$$ to be made on them... they're peaking early as in right off the bat IMNHO... glass beads, trinkets and all that...

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Snatched Captain Falcon and Robin for the original retail prices and now just hope that they dispatch when the time comes.

Up yours scalpers!

gamesgames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still after rosalina villager and little mac

I just got those three you listed all yesterday.
Rosalina on craigslist with a set that included luigi, dk, diddy kong, samus, peach, and yoshi all in box NA for $80
(got them from an amiibo collector who wanted to get out of amiibo collecting because he stopped enjoying having them)
and then Play-Asia had preorders of Japan may restocks of Villager, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, and Captain Falcon for 19.99 plus shipping.
So I got Villager, Little Mac and Captain Falcon.
Also around the same time yesterday yesasia.com had preorder of Japan may restocks of Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, and Captain Falcon. with free shipping for $40 or more purchases. yesasia probably oversold their preorder. Play-Asia preorders lasted much less time and so I think Play-Asia properly limited their preorders as to not sell more than what they will receive from Nintendo in May.

They are all out there still.. Not necessarily all in NA boxes.
I'm a collector that enjoys having the box but I take them out of the box to display and play smash bros with so imports are fine with me when I do not have to sacrifice as much time and gas to check stores locally.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in a rough patch and ended up selling my little mac for some extra cash. Ended up selling it on ebay for 70 freaking bucks OPENED. Was shocked at what these little things are going for, and to be honest, while I'm happy for the money, it makes me sick knowing there are fans out there that desperately want these things and have to unload money out the ass if they want one, all because Nintendo can't make them available to other people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.