[THE] 3DS Translation Request Topic

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by GHANMI, Jan 30, 2015.

Jan 30, 2015
  1. KounkinX94

Newcomer KounkinX94 Member

Argentina
    Yes it's far more complicated than a simple Japanese translation, but im playing the game and until now the game itself does not require the ic card, you don't need to visit Japanese train stations. The IC card stuff is an extra, she coments the place you visit and the munny you have in the carde

2. AyanamiRei

Member AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

France
    This sounds really interesting. How came nobody to think of something like that outside Japan?

Is this "manageable" if I play this without being able to formulate full sentences ?

Last edited by AyanamiRei, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Dgrin

Member Dgrin GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    I'd love to see this happen and to help start this project here are the extracted .gmd files of what seems to be めがみめぐり / Megami Meguri's scripts, now if they're anything similar to other 3DS .gmd files there are already a few tools that could possibly work with unpacking these if anyone would like to give this a try and make it work, the scripts are quite a few but the actual text in the game is quite short, plain and repetitive so it's probably not a lot of work to handle for a translation group that might be interested in this game. Also used the 'braindump' DecryptedExeFS.bin (extracted ExeFS files) of the game to create a NTR LayeredFS plugin following these directions, here's the resulting .plg LayeredFS plugin file for NTR so the translated scripts can now be tested individually with NTR, the game's TitleID is 0004000000190a00. All the best and good luck to anyone who wishes to handle this translation project!^__^ (hope I'm not spamming this thread with these, if anyone creates a game specific translation help/discussion thread please redirect me and I'll happily remove and re-post this information there.)

Last edited by Dgrin, Dec 21, 2016
    Arubaro and AyanamiRei like this.
  4. kld6445

Newcomer kld6445 Newbie

United States
    Game Name: Detective Saburou Jinguji Fukushu no Rondo
    Developer/Publisher: Arc System Works\WorkJam
    Release: June 28, 2012
    Genre: Adventure

Does it have lots of text?
    Yes, it does.
    Why I don't think this will come out in the West?
    Because it did not released for many years until this day.
    What is it about?
    The main character of the series is Jake Hunter (known in Japan as Saburō Jingūji), a 32 year-old private detective who operates a detective agency in Aspicio, USA (Shinjuku, Tokyo in Japanese versions). He was born as the third son of a wealthy business enterprise owner, and traveled to New York City during his youth to work as an assistant detective. He is a heavy smoker, and often assembles his thoughts while smoking a Marlboro cigarette. According to his in-game profile, his favorite alcoholic beverage is cognac, and he drives a green Mini Cooper.

Popularity in Japan:
    I do not know.
    Screenshots:

[​IMG]:[​IMG]

Videos

Why I think it needs to be translated?
    It is a good adventure game.
    What I can do to help:
    Nothing.....

AyanamiRei, zefira and Zander1995 like this.
  5. Subötaï

Newcomer Subötaï Member

Latvia
    I wonder why no one has yet translated this game since it's extremely easy. The game even has a debug menu, which I believe can help with translation testing

6. Mikemk

Member Mikemk GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Use the correct format

7. SoyAlexPop

Member SoyAlexPop GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Maybe because it's a JRPG? I hope somebody picks it up because this is my kind of JRPG, you can kiss boys