ROM Hack [THE] 3DS Translation Request Topic

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any translation for unreleased Level-5 games like Inazuma Eleven Go 3 or the second and third Danball Senki / LBX episodes?

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will someone please translate dragon quest rocket slime 3??

I think you might draw more attention by filling out the translation request form at the beginning of this thread. It'll make your post more eyecatching, so a translator or someone interested in the game might see it.

Is there any translation for unreleased Level-5 games like Inazuma Eleven Go 3 or the second and third Danball Senki / LBX episodes?
Inazuma Eleven Go 3 is coming out in Europe later this year. For the others, I don't know. You might want to fill out the translation request form at the beginning of this thread.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying it's a bad game, just that it's much harder to notice your request compared to the other, much longer requests in this thread. A translator or someone else looking to work on a game is going to notice those before a single sentence post in the middle of the thread.

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed quote -rp

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Game Name: E.X. Troopers
Developer/Publisher: Capcom
Release: 22/11/2012
Genre: Action/ 3rd person shooter

Does it have lots of text?
well... yes
Why I don't think this will come out in the West?
Capcom said that it was planed only for japanese audiences, and never bring it to america or europe, so is impossible.
What is it about?
Its a spinoff of lost planet, but colorfull an happier
Popularity in Japan:
very low in sales, but critics
Screenshots:
images
images

i cannot found images of the 3ds, but is the same version of the ps3, but with low grafics (just a little, it looks amazing!)
Videos:

(this is from the demo, where you can see the multiplayer)
Why I think it needs to be translated?
its a very good game, ind very funny, and the 3ds laks of these type of games.
What I can do to help: type i dont read japanesse or write (or talk), so its a shame, but ill can only be a spectator, an hope that someone like it too to translate

E.X Troopers translation would be great!

I've been playing the game for a while in Japanese and even thought I don't know Japanese, you can play it, however I'm missing all the lore or the "online" aspect of it, since it has special requirements you need to do. I've read that a translation is not possible because the texts are pictures however on my research I found this tumblr post that says that the only hard coded texts are the ones in the cut scenes, but people might find a way to add subtitles to them (it's possible) So I'm here to report that and if somebody decides to take the project I can do the graphics.

Zetman

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've been playing the game for a while in Japanese and even thought I don't know Japanese, you can play it, however I'm missing all the lore or the "online" aspect of it, since it has special requirements you need to do. I've read that a translation is not possible because the texts are pictures however on my research I found this tumblr post that says that the only hard coded texts are the ones in the cut scenes, but people might find a way to add subtitles to them (it's possible) So I'm here to report that and if somebody decides to take the project I can do the graphics.
i tried to play it in jap too and after the tutorial I wasn't able to go out from the base xd

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with EX Troopers is that all the dialogue is saved to images and as such it would be an extaordinary undertaking to edit the text.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name: Dragonball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2
Developer/Publisher: Bandai/Namco
Release: 8/7/2014
Genre:
Card Battle

Indeed.
Card-based battle games are not very popular in the west and even with a well-known franchise such as Dragonball it is likely due to arcades apparently dying out in the west and Bandai/Namco must not see it worth bringing the game over in any form.
What is it about?
Dragonball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 is almost a straight-up port of the arcade game in which you select cards of characters you've gotten including a player avatar you create and level up and pit a team of up to five against ether another team or a giant foe. At certain points characters can launch special attacks or team moves and even transform by moving the card of the character in a certain way or direction as fast as you can to build up power. Combat is all about timing and the one with the higher bar once stopped wins and ether attacks of defends. The game also doesn't strictly follow the plot of the shows and allows for some crazy "What-If" characters and fusions in addition to it's already massive roster of fighters from across DB, DBZ, DBGT, and movies including at the time "Battle Of Gods". The game also features "Ultimate Mission" where you replay events from all three series.
Popularity in Japan:
It's quite popular in Japan seeing as it has gone through multiple updates since it's launch in 2012 with it's roster of cards and characters only continuing to grow to include the Shadow Dragons, Berrus, Whis, and as of recently "Resurrection [F]" with Golden Frieza and SSGSS Goku/Vegeta.
Screenshots:
Dragon-Ball-Heroes-Ultimate-Mission-2-4.jpg

08-dragon-ball-heroes-ultimate-mission-2-2.jpg

dragon-ball-heroes-ultimate-mission-2-201455164240_5.jpg

Dragon-Ball-Heroes-Ultimate-Mission-2.jpg

dragon-ball-heroes-ultimate-mission-399556-360x360.jpg

Videos:

I feel it needs to be translated so other Dragonball fans can enjoy this this game as I feel it's an underrated gem in terms of gameplay and more Dragonball content is never a bad thing plus the graphics engine used is very similar to Budokai 3 on the PS2 so it also adds a factor of nostalgia and the "what-if" characters make this game easily addicting with over 2000 cards to collect in-game.
What I can do to help:
Help spread of your efforts to translate what I feel is a great game worth translating.

Already Translating.

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Game Name: Tongari Boushi to Mahou no Machi
Developer/Publisher: Konami
Release: Dec 20 2012
Genre: Life Sim

It has a fair amount
It's been three years since its release
What is it about?
This is a sequel to the DS game released in the US as Magician's Quest Mysterious Times in the US region, and Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardry in the EU. It's a life sim that is very similar to Animal Crossing, but adds a magicians' school and a shopping mall the player develops and personalizes.
Popularity in Japan:
Not the greatest unfortunately
Screenshots:
6qauMvm.jpg

12.jpg

40mBEc8.jpg

L_g0023282500.jpg

Videos:

The original DS game that this is the sequel to was quite enjoyable and added a lot of features to the Animal Crossing model. The most recent main line Animal Crossing is quite old now, and most fans will have played through the game to the point where they are more or less finished, but a new installment is perhaps years away, so this would fit neatly in the gap, giving fans of the genre a new and fresh experience.
What I can do to help:
My Japanese is not great, but I do live in Japan, so there are plenty of people I could ask to check others' work!

darkmanethewerew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Game Name: Touch Detective Rising 3: Does Funghi dream of Bananas.
Developer/Publisher: Beeworks / Success
Release: May 1st 2014
Genre: Point and Click adventure

As is the case with a lot of point and click adventure games, it's very text heavy.

The first two games got mixed - average reviews. Beeworks is quite a small company so in their view, a localisation might be too costly for not too great a return possibly. It's just gone 2 years since the Japanese release and there's been no word of any localisation.

What is it about?
You play as Mackenzie, having just obtained your detectives license and being named the Touch Detective, and you solve mysteries. There's also an encyclopedia you can fill up documenting the textures of things you touch from Sharkskin to carpet tassels to your butler's iron maiden bed and your best friend's floating hair.

Popularity in Japan:
Not great, but the spinoff series based on Mackenzie/Rina Ozawa's pet mushroom Funghi/Nameko was very well received and popular.

Screenshots:
tumblr_inline_n191dlWMEA1rmjx4g.jpg
touch-detective-rising-3-does-funghi-dream-of-bananas_220775.jpg
Ix5JhOP.jpg
4Xjsefk.jpg

Videos:

I feel the game has wonderful charm to it and fantastic humour. Some of the puzzles and solutions can seem very... out of the box, but in general, I feel the series is sorely overlooked.

Seeing how popular Funghi has become in his own little spin off, I think more people need to see the series from which he originated.

What I can do to help:
I can (slowly) read Katakana and Hiragana phonetically... But thats about it >< Otherwise, I can proof read, check grammar etc.

Pokéidiot

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Game Name: Pokemon X
Developer/Publisher: Game Freak / The Pokémon Company
Release: 2012
Genre: RPG

Yes

It came out in the west, but never got an official Portuguese translation

What is it about?
...everyone that has a 3DS knows this game

20 years of pokémon, and no game in the series ever got an official brazillian portuguese translation

What I can do to help:
Portuguese is my native language

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Game Name: Pokemon X
Developer/Publisher: Game Freak / The Pokémon Company
Release: 2012
Genre: RPG

Yes

It came out in the west, but never got an official Portuguese translation

What is it about?
...everyone that has a 3DS knows this game

20 years of pokémon, and no game in the series ever got an official brazillian portuguese translation

What I can do to help:
Portuguese is my native language
It's on my plans . but first, finishing the platinum XD

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name: Downtown Nekketsu Jidaigeki
Developer/Publisher: Arc System Works / Million Corp. / Atlus (Has changed publishers/developers and Wikipedia has no info so far.)
Release: May 28, 2015
Genre: Beat 'em Up

Yes. This game is a sequel to an older NES title, Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zenin Shugo
This game contains many Japanese references to the Edo era. The clothing, the sword fighting, traditional kimonos, and many others.
What is it about?
Since the game is a sequel to Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zenin Shugo, but I haven't played it to understand the whole plot device. It only hints of an important person getting shagged, and wanted to find out who the culprit is, by hiring Kunio-kun and his brother on a quest to find the perpetrator.
Popularity in Japan:
It has reached No. #19 on the billboards for June 2015 (Source)
Screenshots:
rdVUQCQ.jpg

D0hIU48.jpg

GOg4KHa.jpg

7YhGK8B.jpg

Videos:

The game has a compelling story plot using simple dialogues. As typical Kunio-kun games, the story revolves around beating people up.
What I can do to help:
I help by recommending this game for its improved multiplayer battle arena. You are able to play as many characters, and duke it out Super Smash Bros. style. Other than this, I can also help to promote awareness of this little niche title.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Game Name: Time Travelers
Developer/Publisher: Level-5
Release: 12.07.2012
Genre: Cinematic Adventure

Because it's a Cinematic Adventure and has a great story, it has a lot of text.

Level-5 itself said, it wouldn't come out to the west. Also it's nearly 4 years old, so...

What is it about?
Someday a mysterious hole, called "Lost Hole", appeared in Tokyo and caused an explosion. Therefore many lives were taken. More than a decade later the same thing seems to occure and maybe the fate of whole humanity and world is on the line. Beside that I couldn't talk too much about the story because I don't know anymore details.

Popularity in Japan:
Hmm...
It was rated very good:
Famitsu gave the game a score of 36 out of 40, including a score of 9 out of 10 from each of the four reviewers. [Like wikipedia said]
But because it's a cinematic adventure, maybe it isn't such high rated as other more popular titles.

Screenshots:
1.jpg

122285d1339850579-time-travelers-vxja9.jpg

Videos:

I think it is a beautiful cinematic adventure about time travel. Such things are very interesting to me and maybe a lot others.
Take the example of a rather unknown game called Time Hollow for NDS. It was localized and was brilliant. Maybe this game is the same beside the localization.

What I can do to help:
The video above show a complete playlist of the game nearly completely translated. There are passages that are maybe not translated, but all in all it seems finished.
The only thing this doesn't got a patch is, because the translator doesn't have the needed knowhow. Now I'm requesting some programmers and graphic guys to achieve this patch.
Sadly I'm not able to help in any of these points.

I hope you want to start a patch for this games.

Thx in advance.

P.S: I will communicate with the translator if any things are questionable.

Last edited by onepiecefreak,

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name: Culdcept 3DS
Developer/Publisher: Nintendo
Release: June 28, 2012
Genre: Board game / Collectible card game

Yes, it does. Text on all of the cards in addition to regular game text.
It's been almost three years. Other incarnations haven't been popular in the west.
What is it about?
The players play on a square board like Monopoly, using the cards they draw to defeat their opponents. There are numerous cards with a variety of effects and such.
Popularity in Japan:
Pretty popular
Screenshots:
View attachment 18444View attachment 18445View attachment 18446
Videos:

The translation for the DS was extremely popular on these forums. It is a great game that doesn't appear will be released here, as the DS version was not released in the west.
What I can do to help:I can help correct English grammar, if someone will help with the translations.

I second this. Culdcept saga for the 360 was one of my favorite games and I'd love to see this game translated. It's like Fortune Street for Wii but with card battles. Amazing game series. On another note, I didn't know there was a DS version but I will have it asap so thanks for the information!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1