[THE] 3DS Translation Request Topic

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by GHANMI, Jan 30, 2015.

1. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey

*cries in the corner* I WANT THE ENGLISH PATCH!! ; ^ ;!! WHY NO ENGLISH PATCH??? WHY!!! I know i'll wait in the corner like the rest of those who wish to see an english patch for this beautiful game ;w;...help me..

2. CrazyMaxx

CrazyMaxx GAMER

Nov 13, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hi my reuest:

Game Name:
    Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3
    Developer/Publisher: Square Enix
    Release: March 24 2016
    Genre: RPG

Does it have lots of text?
    Yes
    Why I don't think this will come out in the West?
    Its more than a year of the Japanese Release and a lot of other DQ Games comes to US and EUROPE Square say nothing about a possible release
    What is it about?
    Its the 3th part of th DQMJ series and I cnat read Japanese, but I have played a little bit, I think its a boy and he wonna get a Master Scouter like DGMJ1
    Popularity in Japan:
    Its Dragon Quest I think it is lot of Popular
    Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Videos:

Why I think it needs to be translated?
    Its a great game and the non Japanese speaking people cant enjoy this, with a english patch must the most people play and understand it (me as german can play english games perfekt)
    What I can do to help:
    I am a noob in 3ds mod and translate scene, I think i can test the game to find bugs for the first translations

I hope someone do a translation after see this ^_^

thx in advance

BORTZ and rocky_2016 like this.
  3. onelight

onelight Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2017
    China
    @DarkSynopsis
    OK import texture fine, How to pass the characters limit?
    ds.PNG
    180.PNG

Last edited by onelight, Aug 29, 2017
    Subötaï and Sliter like this.
  4. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Dropped you a PM, I would post how here so its around some where but I can't recall right now and its almost 2AM, should sleep not look into files :P

5. onelight

onelight Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2017
    China
    Think you!!!

6. sorgur

sorgur Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2010
    Hungary
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for the undub version of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, but strangely I just can't find even a mention of it.
    Does it exist in any form?
    I know KH games are always a pain to undub because of the many changes and differences between the Japanese, the Western and the "international" versions, still I hope there is an undub. Or maybe the Japanese version with replaced English texts?

7. brunocar

brunocar Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    Game Name: Gundam: The 3D Battle
    Developer/Publisher: Artdink/Bandai Namco
    Release: march 2011
    Genre: Mecha

nope, as a matter of fact, a simple menu patch would be more than enough to fully enjoy the game, it already has tons of things in english, but the stats screen i mostly in japanese (though the text itself has been translated in the form of a guide for the game this is a port of, Gundam Battle Universe)
    Bandai Namco fucking hates western UC fans, thats why
    What is it about?
    It's a fanservice game of sorts, with it featuring mechanics of the still ongoing Gundam Versus series, but more focused on customization, MS variety, singleplayer missions and has a slower, more realistic pace.
    Popularity in Japan:
    it was a decently popular launch title, dunno why it didnt get a sequel, hell, it already had one on the PSP and they did make another game on the vita.
    Screenshots:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Videos:

because the 3DS could really use some 3D shooters, let alone one with RPG elements and tons of content and since its a port of a game thats already somewhat documented and doesnt have much text that you NEED to understand, it would be an easy job
    What I can do to help:
    i can provide the various translations i gathered over the years by searching about the PSP games, most of which either applies to this or isnt necessary (the main menu is actually in english in the 3DS port)

AyanamiRei likes this.
  8. animefreak55

animefreak55 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    United States
    Home
    I hope someone does this eventually

9. TheGameSquid

TheGameSquid Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Belgium
    Game Name: Yo-Kai Watch Busters
    Developer/Publisher: Level-5 Inc.
    Release: July 11, 2015
    Genre: Action / Beat-em-up / RPG

While this one is focussed more on action-packed real-time battles, the amount of stuff to translate is still pretty massive.

Currently it's still not even clear if the third mainline entry in the Yo-Kai Watch series is going to be localised for the West, so it seems increasingly unlikely that Level-5 will put this spin-off on Western shores in the final years of the 3DS's lifespan. Furthermore, Yo-Kai Watch's popularity seems to be waning in Japan as well, so Level-5 is probably more focused on new franchises right now.

What is it about?
    Yo-Kai Watch Busters is basically a larger, expanded version of the Blasters minigame found in Yo-Kai Watch 2. This is more akin to a top-down beat-em-up where you directly control a Yo-Kai and zip around town beating up enemy Yo-Kai or a big boss. The game enjoys some pretty obvious stylistic influences from Ghost Busters.

Popularity in Japan:
    Was awarded 8/9/8/8 [33/40] by Famitsu. According to VGChartz it sold a nice 2,3 million copies in Japan, which is unsurprising considering how successful the series has been.

Level-5 brought out a ton of games on the 3DS, but left quite a lot of them in its native Japan. While Yo-Kai watch didn't click with everyone, it seems the majority of people did enjoy the feel of the original game and the Yo-Kai designs. I've seen plenty of people who complained about the original game's combat system, and I suppose that this might be a game more suited for those people. It also helps that this game riffs on a beloved American movie franchise, so Western gamers will surely get a kick out of it.

What can I do to help:
    While I am a programmer by trade, and have experience with a relatively large amount of programming languages, I generally have very little knowledge on ROM hacking, 3DS internals or 3DS game internals. I have zero knowledge of the Japanese language.

Video:

Screenshots:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

AyanamiRei likes this.
  10. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Keyblade Warrior

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Realm of Darkness
    i am requesting a ENG Translation of SoniPro (Super Sonico in Production) for 3DS.....it would be great

11. Sofes

Sofes Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    India
    Yeah, wish there's an english translation for this game too.

AyanamiRei likes this.
  12. Subötaï

Subötaï Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2016
    @Sofes, The game will be released in 2018, I believe. There is many multi language placeholders in the files

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Subötaï, Nov 16, 2017
  13. Sofes

Sofes Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    India
    Sorry, not good with these... what are placesholders? I have the Jap version, but totally dont understand jap. doesnt it mean i can change the language?

14. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Placeholders mean it's formatted and configured for different languages, they just haven't added the actual translations yet

Subötaï likes this.
  15. Sofes

Sofes Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    India
    Oh... ok. thanks. looks like i will wait for it to release next year.

16. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    well, some games had placeholders and never got official translation XD(like these maple history for DS and 3DS, there are slot for korean, japanese and english, even with english never coming )
    you could give a look;replace some folder and see if there are something there... yooka laylee had placeholder for portuguese but was machine translated and was terrible XD
    no oficial portuguese translation as well

17. Subötaï

Subötaï Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2016
    AeternoBlade had a full Hebrew translation in the files that was never used. Anyway, I believe the official translation of The Snack World will be released later, this is a big title from Level5 in the end

18. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Level 5? ohh idk abou them lol

19. AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2015
    France
    I hope you are right !
    The third Inazuma Eleven Go was supposed to be their biggest series finale, and yet Europe (the "football continent") never saw it coming.

If The Snack World comes to us on 3DS, then there is hope for a Yôkai Watch 3 release too. *_*