Hardware The 3DS should be able to play Game Cube games.

awssk8er

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whether it be by a download service, or inserting the disc, it would be amazing.

There are so many Gamecube games that I missed out on, but I'm actually going back to play them.

It would be sick if you could insert a Gamecube disc into it, and just play it. I really doubt Nintendo will do it, but I think it would be very possible.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is indeed the same sort of power or even close, they'll do it. This is Nintendo and it wont be downloadable, it'll be a retail release. Also I really doubt that we would see the 3DS being something that has games on a disc.

Rest assured that they have some variation of Mario Sunshine for the launch seeing that they "remade" an old Mario game for GBC, GBA and NDS.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you would insert discs in that device, it would have to be huge for a portable device. And you aren't exactly going to find gamecube games in you're local game shop are you? The only ones you'd be able to play are the ones that you already have, in my case, that would be none.

for short, not gonna happen.

soulfire

gear... secando
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
but they can make them payable on the 3ds and put them on the 3ds store
tongue.gif

i want pikmin on ds
biggrin.gif

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
scrtmstr said:
If you would insert discs in that device, it would have to be huge for a portable device. And you aren't exactly going to find gamecube games in you're local game shop are you? The only ones you'd be able to play are the ones that you already have, in my case, that would be none.

for short, not gonna happen.
PSP is huge now is it?

True, UMD's are smaller than Mini-DVD's, but not by much.

They could always put GC games on some form of cartridge anyway if a disc slot isn't feasible.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I say that they will remake some of the popular gamecube games in 3D mode for the 3DS. I do NOT think you will be able to use gamecube disks, or download them, think about how long it would take to download a 1.4 GB game, and even if you could download them, you wouldn't be able to fit many on an SD card

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it, but N64 for sure, and perhaps even Playstation.

Nintendo is bound to release a few GameCube ports anyway, maybe even a LoZ/Mario collection ranging from the NES to the GameCube.

One can dream, one can dream.

Trinta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
they need to do an super smash bros to the 3ds,or do to all the other ds,if they do that they're going to get one of the best game lists ever on a portable!(in my opinion,and I am only saying this because someone said ssbm)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trinta said:
they need to do an super smash bros to the 3ds,or do to all the other ds,if they do that they're going to get one of the best game lists ever on a portable!(in my opinion,and I am only saying this because someone said ssbm)
I think a 3Ds can handle a " ssbm 3d " much better then a "ssbm" on a ds . Would be cool.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple