Hardware Thank you Microsoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for tying up netflix to your shitty xbox live "service," so that when it goes down I have to listen to my daughter cry because she can't watch curious george.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Then put it on on yer PC?
Tablet?
Smartphone?
Smarttoaster?
Idk whatever netflix is on.

Besides, Live service doesn't go down that often so it might be a good excuse to let her get some fresh air ;]

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Never really had any problems with XBL and now that Netflix, YouTube and all are free to use (some with paid membership like Netflix) there's really no reason for me to complain, and in fact, 360's got the best UI for YouTube which makes it my favourite version to use it on the TV.

You could always use YouTube or... download the episodes.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love youtube on 360. Anyway I was just blowing off steam. I was pissed that two services I'm currently paying a good amount of money for weren't working the way they should. Also, now I can't watch netflix at all without being disconnected from live. I also have to do a connection test to get the system to reconnect sometimes, and now there's yet another service alert. I don't really remember having any problems on psn, but then again I didnt have a ps3 during that extended blackout.
Using it on another device is out if the question. Computer and ps3 are both broken, and we've had so many netflix accounts over the years that I cant remember the damn password. The 3ds is setup with the new account, but who wants to watch anything on that tiny screen? I also can't stand the thought of trying to type one of those overly-complicated passwords every website forces you to use on a shitty android keyboard.

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not really anything Microsoft have done, at least I don't think on purpose. Like with any other computer/programe these things happen.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wait... as far as I know, streaming services - that includes netflix - have long been removed from behind the XBL gold paywall. I.e. you can access these services even with a silver account (i.e. free), given you have a streaming account.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/xbox-live-membership/live-faq?icid=furl_livefaq see section "Q: What do I get now with my Xbox?"

OP is complaining about requiring an Xbox account at all. THat means that if Xbox live goes down you can't even access netflix at all - xbox live gold or silver.

Reactions: KineticSonata

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Console online services do eventually shut down.
It's a fact.

Majority migrates to the next console so why keep up servers for the few thousand people that still use it?

Reactions: migles

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've been using my 360 lately to watch TV and YouTube so I'm glad Microsoft's removed that paywall, despite it took them a couple of years. If only Nintendo could do the same with the amiibo paywall that would be neat, of course in this regard I wouldn't expect it for free but at least allow to buy it digitally or release the amiibo cards already!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over