Votes: 257 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
My Dreamcast still works flawlessly to this day, as well as my NES, SMD and others.

I actually have not had a console die on me (RRoD/YLoD/BLoD).

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dreamcast was perfect, the PS2 and GC were amazing. The xbox was alright, so it gets my vote by default. Sorry xbox.

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The general public has not even known the Dreamcast, so its life was short ... The xbox is awesome in every way, I do not understand this classification ...

I think the votes come from people who have not even known these two consoles ...

When the xbox came on the market, it all torn ...

This is the best console of the sixth generation ...

I still have a Dreamcast and xbox, dreamcast is stored in a carton, the xbox is connected to an old TV.

The Dreamcast is very complex, there are very few good games ...
The xbox is easy to use, there are a lot of good games (Halo, PGR, Forza, etc ...)

shango46

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't believe that the GameCube has less votes than the XBOX. Didn't anyone soft mod their systems? A modded XBOX was my favorite console so far. It did emulation very well (up to PSX anyways. N64 was getting better, but some games still unplayable) and had some very interesting homebrew (I wasted so many hours on XLime trying to beat the big slime. Never happened). It even had very easy customization abilities for multiple launchers. Media X Menu was my favorite launcher, and I even made a bunch of skins for it (One was even a random ICP music video playing skin. Random video each time you went in to MXM. Had it loaded with like 8 ICP videos that all played perfectly while I selected my stuff). Heck, how about built in trainers for games?

As far as I am concerned, the XBOX was one of the best consoles of the generation. Have you ever modded a GameCube? It sucks! You can either solder in a modchip AND replace the case to allow for full size discs, or you have to have a network adapter and a special Phantasy Star game to try and then stream games or homebrew via your home network, which really sucked. There was a little bit of homebrew that came out, but no where near that of the XBOX or the PSP. And having to have a special copy of Action Replay to do certain things did not make things any easier.

tl;dr - XBOX is way better than GameCube, in my opinion and personal experiences anyways.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Practically all four systems are great, the rest is a matter of personal preference. All had great stuff to offer, however some people value some qualities more so than others. The PS2 has the largest library of games, the GameCube has Nintendo content, the Dreamcast is a gold mine of arcade-style games and brought online gaming to the masses and the Xbox was the system that took online connectivity to the next level. The Xbox is winning in the poll not because it was a terrible system but because it was Microsoft's first clunky foray into the console business - it was a big, chunky, often overheating piece of electronics with little exclusive content to offer, however it definitely was the final stepping stone between "old school" systems that focused solely on gaming and "new school" systems of today that are all-encompassing entertainment hubs (except for Nintendo ones - they didn't get the memo yet), and that's an achievement in itself.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to vote PS2 as the worst. Not because it had bad games. I was purely thinking of the console itself. The thing that turns me off to the PS2 was mine kept having hardware problems. I know the Slim doesn't have nearly as many problem, but at the time I never had as much frustration with any console than I did with the original PS2 model.

My GameCube, and Dreamcast both still reliably work 14 years later. I did have a Xbox for a short time, but other than Jet Set Radio Future and Oddworld, I didn't feel much need to hold onto it. I'll probably pick up another one if I see one cheap enough.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The general public has not even known the Dreamcast, so its life was short ... The xbox is awesome in every way, I do not understand this classification ...

I think the votes come from people who have not even known these two consoles ...
Sorry, buddy. This is the internet. You'll encounter people with different believes than their own. If it comforts you, it has been said many times in the comments that this generation simply had no bad consoles. So here, people are voting more for their 'least favorite' console.

Attacking people for their opinion isn't going to convince them, though.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I had to vote PS2 as the worst. Not because it had bad games. I was purely thinking of the console itself. The thing that turns me off to the PS2 was mine kept having hardware problems. I know the Slim doesn't have nearly as many problem, but at the time I never had as much frustration with any console than I did with the original PS2 model.

My GameCube, and Dreamcast all still reliably work 14 years later. I did have a Xbox for a short time, but other than Jet Set Radio Future and Oddworld, I didn't feel much need to hold onto it. I'll probably pick up another one if I see one cheap enough.

Same here. Both my Dreamcast and Gamecube work like a charm to this day.That's 15 years of working condition. And neither of them are in the greatest of shapes either.

Meanwhile my god damn Xbox broke twice, my Xbox 360 died after 1 year, and my PS2 slim went to s**** after I finished Final Fantasy XII. Like seriously. I bought the Final Fantasy XII bundle, and it died on me after 1 playthrough. What the hell?

I haven't had the best of luck with Microsoft's and Sony's hardware..

Oh, oh, by the way, I've had 6 PSP's.

funny_3.jpg

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. Both my Dreamcast and Gamecube work like a charm to this day.That's 15 years of working condition. And neither of them are in the greatest of shapes either.

Meanwhile my god damn Xbox broke twice, my Xbox 360 died after 1 year, and my PS2 slim went to s**** after I finished Final Fantasy XII. Like seriously. I bought the Final Fantasy XII bundle, and it died on me after 1 playthrough. What the hell?

I haven't had the best of luck with Microsoft's and Sony's hardware..

Oh, oh, by the way, I've had 6 PSP's.

I agree, but I will give Sony this, at least their stuff is easy to work on. Nintendo products are a pain to work on half the time, though they don't fail nearly as often. I'm still using my original PSP Slim. It's had some problems over the years but I fixed it every time. With how much I use it due to its homebrew-ability, it doesn't surprise me it's had a couple of problems. I've never had to work on a 360, but the original Xbox was easy enough to work on since it was essentially PC hardware in there. Both the disc drive and hard drive are easily swapped out.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to finally go with Gamecube as my "least favorite" just based on it being the one I have wanted to play on/use the least. :ph34r:

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I agree, but I will give Sony this, at least their stuff is easy to work on. Nintendo products are a pain to work on half the time, though they don't fail nearly as often. I'm still using my original PSP Slim. It's had some problems over the years but I fixed it every time. With how much I use it due to its homebrew-ability, it doesn't surprise me it's had a couple of problems. I've never had to work on a 360, but the original Xbox was easy enough to work on since it was essentially PC hardware in there. Both the disc drive and hard drive are easily swapped out.

Agreed. The original Xbox was easy to fix due to it being a pc with a green circle on top.

Mine fried the motherboard though. Along with everything else.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Agreed. The original Xbox was easy to fix due to it being a pc with a green circle on top.

Mine fried the motherboard though. Along with everything else.
Just because something is following PC-like standards doesn't really mean that it's a PC. Neither the GPU nor the CPU have exact PC equivalents, the system is very much a console and has console-like API's. There was a rumour that it was running a Win 2000 derrivative, but those turned out to be false - the system was designed from the ground up, it wasn't a PC in disguise. The same can be said about the PS4/XBOne.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just because something is following PC-like standards doesn't really mean that it's a PC. Neither the GPU nor the CPU have exact PC equivalents, the system is very much a console and has console-like API's. There was a rumour that it was running a Win 2000 derrivative, but those turned out to be false - the system was designed from the ground up, it wasn't a PC in disguise. The same can be said about the PS4/XBOne.

I believe he meant that simple malfunctioning parts, could be easily replaced.

The DVD drive was found easily enough in a PC shop. And so where many of its other components, should any need for repairs arise.

dario14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna have to vote Xbox. Never felt compelled to buy one. Halo was for bros and jocks who otherwise didn't play games. I've always been intrigued by the Dreamcast and Shenmue. Maybe I'll get to play it on reicast. PS2 had RPGs and MGS. Some of my best gaming memories with friends were on GameCube though. Melee. Double Dash. 'co-op' Wind Waker Tingle dropping bombs via GBA. Visiting friends' towns in Animal Crossing. Dying a million times in Ikaruga. Freaking out when Eternal Darkness told me my memory card corrupted. The wavebird controller was the first to get cordless right.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you people did to break your Xboxes, because that thing's a tank. Mine's from launch and I still use it practically every day. Once in a while I have to go in and adjust the modchip, since it's a solder free version and sometimes it gets jostled loose, but beyond that, I bet this thing outlives me. And hey, it's big enough that they could repurpose it for my coffin! SHWING!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, That's not old. :rofl2: