Homebrew Testing zx spectrum emu :)

seagal112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Want to play ZX spectrum?

Here is the emu for ninjahax/homebrew launcher.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d1sl4hcdol60loh/3dsspectrum01.rar

Added the rom selection menu and a touchable keyboard, so now you can play almost all zx spectrum games (all that you can find or dump on .sna format).

Please read the readme file to see where to put everything.

Enjoy as I!

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
seagal112

Oh you son of a bitch!!

You just made my day, I'm still a regular user of ZX81 with my GW blue cart. This thing you're making's one of the few things on my 3DS homebrew wishlist, so you're now one of my favorite people :)

Anyways, given that you're having trouble with sound and .cia files support sound just like .3dsx files... could we maybe have a .cia release one day? Is it on the cards?

.cia homebrew sure saves us GW users a whooole lotta trouble, and personally I'd fucking LOVE to see a Speccy on my home screen :toot:

Reactions: Jmbenetti

IvanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there

I'm a long time zx spectrum fan! I have tubehax running just fine on my 3ds (old 9. I downloaded the emu posted via kink above but it doesn't show up in the homebrew launcher menu. How do I get this to work? blargSNES works fine for example

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does this emulate all spectrum versions or is it just 48k? Can't wait to play jetpac I still consider it to be one of the greatest games of all time even after 30 odd years. Update just downloaded jetpac and a load of other games and not one of them loads

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: duwen and SLiV3R

IvanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't even see it show up on my homebrew launcher front page? What am I doing wrong? I just downloaded everything to the root directory of my sd card where boot.3dsx is sitting. Cheers

IvanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys thanks for helping me, it's working! It comes with Livingstone as .sna file. I am a bit rusty, but I think you can use an emulator on your
PC for example and load up any game in .tzx, .z80 or .tap then take a memory snapshot to give you a .sna file so you can use it on the 3ds!

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys thanks for helping me, it's working! It comes with Livingstone as .sna file. I am a bit rusty, but I think you can use an emulator on your
PC for example and load up any game in .tzx, .z80 or .tap then take a memory snapshot to give you a .sna file so you can use it on the 3ds!
No problem :D Thanks for sharing your knowledge :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.