tempStyle 2 feedback thread

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh welp, I think I like it. It'll take some time for me to see it so natural as the old one, but I am able to see the hard work it took. It's awesome, really.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can you make a dark version?
I do like it, but I would like if if there were a dark version
+1, love the new look but I need myself a dark theme!

Umm, see this:
Why isn't there a dark theme available right NOW!?
tempStyle 2 took over 6 months to create - keeping in mind we all have full time jobs at GBAtemp, finding the time to work on the site can be tough especially just for aesthetic reasons. We have launched the Light (default) version now in order to let our members help us find any bugs that may need working out before work on the Dark version. Otherwise early bug fixing would require fixing multiple templates. Please understand!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Looks great!!

Immediately, I love that I can tell what thread I am in, without having to scroll to the top.

Also, love the hamburger menu! Super easy to find stuff. I am having trouble picturing what it was like when I didn't know where anything was, but I bet if I was a new member I would find it a lot easier to navigate around the site.

Edit: one issue is that you can't see the edit and report options immediately, possibly leading to new members not knowing those options exist or where to find them. But having less buttons around makes the interface a lot cleaner.

This is all from the perspective of a mobile user by the way.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: shaunj66 and Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The only problem I have, is that it's a little bit of a pain to get to my alerts? Or maybe I'm dense. Gotta scroll to the top, click my avatar, click "alerts" and then get taken to the alerts page? Otherwise it's A+! Clicking "you have a new alert" brings me to a blank page, too.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't be using it. It doesn't appeal to me.

Even though it's just 1 extra button pressed, I liked being able to click "Forums" on the old theme. Now I have to go to the options menu on the top right and click "Forums"

That plus not being that visually appealing to me makes me not want to use it. Who knows, maybe I'll get used to it

D

Deleted-379826

The only problem I have, is that it's a little bit of a pain to get to my alerts? Or maybe I'm dense. Gotta scroll to the top, click my avatar, click "alerts" and then get taken to the alerts page? Otherwise it's A+!
At least on PC, the alerts are just like before?

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't be using it. It doesn't appeal to me.

Even though it's just 1 extra button pressed, I liked being able to click "Forums" on the old theme. Now I have to go to the options menu on the top right and click "Forums"

That plus not being that visually appealing to me makes me not want to use it. Who knows, maybe I'll get used to it
If you are refering about the botton at the top, I still have it like before. I mean, "Home Forums Reviews..." and all, just the same.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've already gone back to the old dark theme for now. I really prefer dark themes on any site. I'll give the new dark theme a try when it comes out though.

Reactions: Xandrid

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'll probably be in the minority, but I'm not really a fan, sorry. On desktop it just feels like everything's larger, clunkier, and uglier (I hate flat designs, it looks like something out of the 1980's). I'll try it for a day or so though anyway, just to see, but at the moment..yeah, not really into it.

That said, thank you for working on it in the first place.

Edit: I do like the fonts though, they're nice and clear.

Last edited by daxtsu,

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll use the old dark theme instead, I'll wait for tempstyle dark 2.

Also everything is cool expect the like icon, it's too similar to facebook like hand, and not really a fan of Facebook

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
[BUG]
Can't edit, delete or report statuses. The options get displayed under that status message resulting in not being able to click them. Pic below

65pbwfP.png

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are refering about the botton at the top, I still have it like before. I mean, "Home Forums Reviews..." and all, just the same.
That's what I want. It isn't there for me
Screenshot_2017-06-10-09-12-02.png

On top of that, when you quoted my message, the alert was another extra button press. Instead of displaying new alerts as a drop down box like the old themes did, I had to click on my profile, and then click alerts (where it took me to a new webpage instead of opening the alerts on the current page).

I don't like this because sometimes as I'm reading a thread on here, I'll get an alert. I used to be be able to click the bell and see who the alert was from while still being on the same webpage. I liked this because I could see who quoted/liked my post without having to leave the webpage.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a suggestion.

In the hamburger menu, it would be handy to be able to pin favourite forums. If things were squashed up a little more there would be room for another section or maybe instead on the second section.

You wouldn't have to make people be able to choose their own favourites - you could do it based on which forums they are most active in.

And even neater would be if you could see how many new posts there were in those forums - with little red numbers like there are already for new notifications or private messages.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head