tempStyle 2 feedback thread

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I want. It isn't there for me

On top of that, when you quoted my message, the alert was another extra button press. Instead of displaying new alerts as a drop down box like the old themes did, I had to click on my profile, and then click alerts (where it took me to a new webpage instead of opening the alerts on the current page).

I don't like this because sometimes as I'm reading a thread on here, I'll get an alert. I used to be be able to click the bell and see who the alert was from while still being on the same webpage. I liked this because I could see who quoted/liked my post without having to leave the webpage.
Oh well, I was talking about the desktop version, and not the mobile one. Sorry about it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The only problem I have, is that it's a little bit of a pain to get to my alerts? Or maybe I'm dense. Gotta scroll to the top, click my avatar, click "alerts" and then get taken to the alerts page? Otherwise it's A+! Clicking "you have a new alert" brings me to a blank page, too.
You're right - your avatar doesn't appear unless you are scrolled to the top.

Also, all the buttons are missing in reply. I wanted to add the smiley face that's scratching its chin looking perplexed.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just feel like everything is way too big, i don't know how to explain. But i like it anyway.

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You're right - your avatar doesn't appear unless you are scrolled to the top.

Also, all the buttons are missing in reply. I wanted to add the smiley face that's scratching its chin looking perplexed.

Both work fine for me on Chrome W10 x64.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On the home page, the categories side panel that says "Site & Scene News", "Nintendo DS", "Nintendo 3DS" and so on, it looks a bit bare and bland.
Probably because it's a column that only has text links instead of looking like its own column, as all the others do.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- You should have released the dark theme with the new theme if you wanted more people to use the new version

- The Patreon tiers are too random and unfair. You are asking $2 to enter a giveaway, $5 to have an ad-free version of the site and $10 to participate in the beta testing and get the dark skin sooner. Why would I want to pay you five bucks a month for a website where the majority of the content isn't made by the staff? Hell, why would I pay double that to enter beta testing? I donate monthly to a few Patreons/websites and, to remove ads, they rarely go higher than $2, as recurring payment. What makes a hacking forum so special that needs so much money for this? Also, the goal is very childish and I would suggest to rewrite it. You could have come up with something better in these 6 months taken to make the new layout if you wanted to be funny.

This is just my feedback, please don't take it too personal. I'm sure it was a lot of work to do and I'm glad you did, because after burning my retinas from all the whiteness I can see it's pretty good.

waiting for all the asslickers to tell me to shut the fuck up

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks great on desktop. the only thing i'm not a huge fan of is the information under a user's avatar/member status being very hard to read until you move your cursor over it

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Both work fine for me on Chrome W10 x64.
I now have to click More Options to get any of the buttons. This will be annoying as I use the QUOTE button in at least a third of my posts.
IMG_2521.PNG

D

Deleted-379826

- You should have released the dark theme with the new theme if you wanted more people to use the new version

- The Patreon tiers are too random and unfair. You are asking $2 to enter a giveaway, $5 to have an ad-free version of the site and $10 to participate in the beta testing and get the dark skin sooner. Why would I want to pay you five bucks a month for a website where the majority of the content isn't made by the staff? Hell, why would I pay double that to enter beta testing? I donate monthly to a few Patreons/websites and, to remove ads, they rarely go higher than $2, as recurring payment. What makes a hacking forum so special that needs so much money for this? Also, the goal is very childish and I would suggest to rewrite it. You could have come up with something better in these 6 months taken to make the new layout if you wanted to be funny.

This is just my feedback, please don't take it too personal. I'm sure it was a lot of work to do and I'm glad you did, because after burning my retinas from all the whiteness I can see it's pretty good.

waiting for all the asslickers to tell me to shut the fuck up
Eh you do make sense about the dark theme, but as they said, it'd just be more work. I don't completely disagree though.

But dude they only have a few non-intrusive ads to make money off of. Most people are usually on desktop too and I'm sure many use an adblocker at that. They need our support. If you don't want to donate you're not missing out on much. Plus, giveaways for free is just a loss in money. $5 is probably enough so they're not losing money by you not viewing ads. I do agree $10 is a bit much for beta testing but it's not necessary at all. If you don't like it, you don't need to do it. :P Just wait patiently. Also, nothing wrong with their little message. I think it's fun. No need to hate on that.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh you do make sense about the dark theme, but as they said, it'd just be more work. I don't completely disagree though.

But dude they only have a few non-intrusive ads to make money off of. Most people are usually on desktop too and I'm sure many use an adblocker at that. They need our support. If you don't want to donate you're not missing out on much. Plus, giveaways for free is just a loss in money. $5 is probably enough so they're not losing money by you not viewing ads. I do agree $10 is a bit much for beta testing but it's not necessary at all. If you don't like it, you don't need to do it. :P Just wait patiently.
I want to support the forum but I won't give five bucks just to have an ad-free experience, I'm sorry. There is no website I visit (way bigger than this) that's asking such a high price for no ads.

Also, I've always kept ABL disabled until Malwarebytes' went crazy over the sponsored website. Too risky.

And, just a reminder, I'm not saying this out of malice. It's just pure advice. I'm sure more people would support the site if the tiers were more realistic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended