Temp'n #11

temp'n_bg_3.png

Looks like our dear Tempers are getting less shy and are ready to share their projects in this new issue of Temp'n!

Without further ado, let's see what they got for us:

tMqt3x6.jpg

When he's not working on MediCat, regular Temp'ner @Jayro works on magic mirrors. Yup, you read that right. While these things might not tell you who's the fairest of them all, they can give you notifications about your calendar, the weather, news and updates for any modules installed, so hey! they could possibly tell you who's the fairest of them all... :unsure:

Above is @Jayro's progress picture; he's using using a Raspberry Pi 3 and Debian Jessie OS. He is still perfecting the software before working on the wood frame and mounting the two-way glass.

Let's wish him best of luck for his project!

I'm personally intrigued to see the final result (and if it can tell us who's the fairest of them all...). Hopefully it'll feature in a future Temp'n issue once completed!

• Step by step livestream on how to make a 3ds theme by @Trylk248
Preview.png

Preview (3).png Preview (1).png Preview (2).png
A different kind of entry for this Temp'n issue is Temper @Trylk248's announcement for a livestream this Friday 21st at around noon EST on his Twitch channel that he will later upload on his YouTube channel. He will stream a step by step guide on how to make a Switch-like theme for the 3DS! :switch:

And @Trylk248 is no stranger to 3DS themes. Indeed, he has 13 themes with over 700 downloads on 3DSThem.es which you can see in the link below.

Interested? Join in the discussion on the official GBAtemp thread and tune in on Friday for the livestream!

:arrow: Official GBAtemp Thread
:arrow: @Trylk248's Twitch Channel
:arrow: @Trylk248's YouTube Channel
:arrow: @Trylk248's 3DS themes

:discuss: @Trylk248 on Miiverse

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi temps,

there is nothing much to say about my arcade stick raspberry project.
I integrated a rpi3 in the first stick and built a 2nd passive version with only the joystick controller. Via USB its possible to add the 2nd player. The first stick has a usb switch to chose between the internal connection or external joystick mode. So its possible to use both sticks with the integrated retropie pie, but also with PC aso. The buttons on both sides are dedicated for pinball games. My retropie image is customized, with a special bootscreen, in menu music (8bit Giana Sisters), meta data of all games and only shumps, pinballs and fighting games are flashed. I can access the 64GB microSD from the backside (the port behind that round black rubber) or wifi. I also have the option to change between analogue and digi mode, with a small button. The audio and video output is via HDMI Everything is very robust, which was my main intension. All components for those two sticks cost my about 100€. Here some pics:
View attachment 93539 View attachment 93540 View attachment 93541 View attachment 93542 View attachment 93543
DUDE! I'm going to build one of these soon, and I really like yours! :D

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi temps,

there is nothing much to say about my arcade stick raspberry project.
I integrated a rpi3 in the first stick and built a 2nd passive version with only the joystick controller. The housing is made of aluminium. Via USB its possible to add the 2nd player. The first stick has a usb switch to chose between the internal connection or external joystick mode. So its possible to use both sticks with the integrated retropie pie, but also with PC aso. The buttons on both sides are dedicated for pinball games. My retropie image is customized, with a special bootscreen, in menu music (8bit Giana Sisters), meta data of all games and only shumps, pinballs and fighting games are flashed. I can access the 64GB microSD from the backside (the port behind that round black rubber) or wifi. I also have the option to change between analogue and digi mode, with a small button. The audio and video output is via HDMI Everything is very robust, which was my main intension. All components for those two sticks cost me about 100€. Here some pics:
View attachment 93539 View attachment 93540 View attachment 93541 View attachment 93542 View attachment 93543
Just out of curiosity, which analog joystick did you use? I've been looking for one to make a hackpad with no real luck

Also these look fucking amazing. Probably the best raspberry pi arcade project I have seen

Last edited by SimplyFedorable,

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Just out of curiosity, which analog joystick did you use? I've been looking for one to make a hackpad with no real luck

Also these look fucking amazing. Probably the best raspberry pi arcade project I have seen

Thanks.

Actually mine is very similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/ZYOU-Buttons...=1500834038&sr=8-43&keywords=usb+arcade+stick But it is no true analogue, it features only an analogue mode.
Nevertheless it works real good in both modes.

Good luck with your projects.

Last edited by ciaomao,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father