Tempmas Week 2 public vote!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
It has been one week since the Tempmas Week 2 Christmas Carol competition ended and we the staff are having a hard time designating a unique winner! There are just so many amazing entries that we decided to let the community go ahead and vote.

merrytempmas_medium.jpg

Since there were a lot of entries the public poll will only contain the 10 entries that received the most votes from staff. Some of them sound like they are made by industry professionals, we had to run background checks on the authors to ensure the songs were really from them (and turns out all of them are 100% legit and authentic, recorded just for us!). The other 13 songs are nice too and you can tell a lot of effort was put into the competition; they can be found in the list at the bottom of the post - but you will not be able to vote for them.

TOP 10 ENTRIES SELECTED BY STAFF (ALPHABETICAL ORDER)
HOW DO I VOTE?
To make sure there will be no fraud/cheating, voting is only open to confirmed members; the thread has been created in the trading section (which only confirmed members can access). You may vote for several entries - we know it can be hard to choose. In the end, the entry that will have received the most votes will be the winner. Click here to access the poll thread and proceed to voting.

WHAT DO THEY WIN?
The author of entry that gets the most votes will receive a brand new New Nintendo 3DS + the game of their choice. And to reward other competitors for their amazing entries, we are throwing in extra prizes: the 4 runner-ups will each receive a $50 cash reward (via Paypal)! So make sure you vote carefully.

LISTEN TO THE OTHER ENTRIES
The poll only lists the top 10 entries as selected by staff, but let's not forget the other 13 entries that didn't make it! They are listed below, click on the listen link next to each nickname to listen and see for yourself, tell us whether you think the staff made a mistake in their selection...

Assassinz: listen
Axido: listen
felystar: listen
GalenTheGamer: listen
jonthedit: listen
jwiz33: listen
Lucifer666: listen
medoli900: listen
Mr_Pichu: listen
nonameboy: listen
R4Liam: listen
snowsakura: listen
Technicmaster0: listen

Reactions: djavs

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I just listened to them all, and WOW! Rob Blou, yours was amazing!
The others were great too, but Rob Blou, man you got talent! Nice work!

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone did an amazing job, but I personally liked deboog's song the best, as it had some well thought-out humor in it. I voted for some others as well, but deboog stood out. I would have also voted for Axido, but he didn't make the top 10... :(

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome i made the list! thanks!

don't forget me at the end of that list :D , I know RobBlou's is very professional and he is going to steal my thunder!!!

good luck to all. merry tempmas

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Turns out the 10 entries are the 10 I voted for (so you all got my vote in the staff vote thread).
Now for the final public vote, here's my comment on the top 10 entries:
  • Arithmatics: good job, you're excellent with vocals and choirs, that was a good tempmas carol!
  • BastarB: I loved your song, you got my vote! Good music and singing skills, I liked the lyrics too
  • deboog: you must be a professional musician... the music and vocals are flawless
  • djavs: your entry sounds like a proper professional r&b song, your did a good job here
  • farmin: amazing all round, great lyrics, you got my vote!
  • frogboy: you rock at the piano, and the lyrics were funny and cheerful
  • fulcaire: my favorite lyrics, I like your style
  • NeSchn: an actual christmas carol, and pro music & singing skills, I could tell you're a musician
  • Rob Blou: wow, your song left me speechless... you got my vote and this is my favorite entry (although I love them all)
  • VashTS: good editing job, I like the lyrics too

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super-excited that I got this far; best of luck to everyone!

And no, I'm not going to vote for myself :P

EDIT: Shoot, I didn't mean to do that. On mobile and hit my name instead of fulcare. Can my vote for myself be removed?

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

EDIT: Shoot, I didn't mean to do that. On mobile and hit my name instead of fulcare. Can my vote for myself be removed?

seems like I can't changes votes, nope... doesn't matter! you can vote for yourself, that isn't a rule.
votes are anonymous (as far as I know)

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yours was fantastic! As a fellow pianist, awesome job. :) You just got my vote!

Reactions: frogboy

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, I didn't see an entry from you ! :P
you could have rocked this contest

I had to work the entire week leading through that contest. :sad: Coworker called out sick and I had to cover the entire week. :/ I honestly would have loved to try to participate in the contest, not even for the prize but just as a fun kinda thing to do. ITS OKAY THERES NEXT YEAR RIGHT?

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just listened to them all, and WOW! Rob Blou, yours was amazing!
The others were great too, but Rob Blou, man you got talent! Nice work!
We have some talented people round the 'Temp! Made 3 votes but [user]Rob Blou[/user]'s was hands down my favourite!

Thank you guys :unsure: it means a lot! Farmin's and Frogboy's songs are my favorites! Next step would be to make a collective song :D

djavs

Trophies
XP
Country
am logged in from work watching the results. There are some amazing entries there :-) i know mine is very rnb(ish) so might not tick the box but humbled to be in the top 10 (top of the pops style)

reveirg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Long-time GBATemp reader here, but can't vote as I don't have a confirmed account =(

Great job everyone, but my "vote" would go to Rob Blou here, amazing song ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?