Tempmas 2012 Week 4: Tell me what you want, what you really really want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The happiest moment this year was when I finally got my Diploma from college. Been working on my associates degree since fall '08, and was completely surprised to find it in the mail in June. At first I thought it was a mistake, since I was told I would have to take a lot more classes for another year, but when I went to my department to talk about the diploma, they informed me that while just one of my classes didn't meet the requirements for the Diploma, being a D, they said it was excusable due to how long I've been taking their classes. Now I have an Associates Degree in Computer Programming, with a minor in Tap Dancing. :P

Reactions: Sterling

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My happiest memory of the year was my wife and I finding our own place to live. We've been together for almost 4 years, and we really haven't had the opportunity to be on our own two feet until we found this place. With two kids, we had been living with my parents for a year to try and get back to manageable, and were with her parents almost the entire time before that, and when we found our current apartment I knew that we were finally going to get back on our feet.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Happiest memory this year was when I found a 10p coin on the floor. My eyes flooded with tears.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just two days ago a very good friend of mine visited from out of town with only as little as a "are you home?" text message. We watched the critic and played mean bean machine for the entire day just like we used to in high school before leaving to see his family. It was especially nice since lately I've been having health issues for the past month that's been bringing down my mood but now I'm in better spirits thanks to it.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh best memory this year would probably be, going on holidays to Hong Kong with family.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piggybacking off Guild's answer, because, well, I was right there, too. High school graduation would be my choice.

I swear, my life transformed into a Stevie Nicks video before my eyes.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Spending the summer with my girlfriend in Wales. I don't mean to post a tear-squeezer here - I was genuinely the happiest man on Earth. When you and your loved one are separated with miles of land and sea, you get to appreciate even the most ordinary things, like having a good meal or watching a movie together. She's coming over to my place in March and I already can't wait - I know we're going to have a blast.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
A happy memory, eh? I guess this is as good as I have this year, and it actually happened not two hours ago. My happiest moment of this entire year would have to be getting an email from an old friend, basically my girl that got away. She's got herself into a bit of trouble so the email is mostly bad news, but she has of course heard of my recent illness, and wanted to take time out of her extremely busy life to make sure I was ok. She's ill herself, she's got legal troubles I can't discuss, her now ex boyfriend is a jerk beyond all recognition (you seriously have NO idea), her family are about as supportive as a bridge made from wet paper towels, and her sister just gave birth while she's trapped thousands of miles away and thus unable to visit to be there for her family. And she STILL took the time to wish me well and tell me that I always have her watching over me.

So even though I've been made homeless this year, my family had abandoned me, my girlfriend betrayed me after I spent the entire year fighting a legal battle on her behalf, I was robbed, and I've spent the last few days in hospital having surgery on my heart, she's managed to make me feel infinitely better. I SHOULD be an emotional wreck. I SHOULD be near suicidal with the stress of it all. But all it takes is a few words from her and I have the strength to fight again. A bond that strong is practically unheard of in modern society. Thousands of miles away and torn to pieces by our own problems, we still draw comfort and power from a simple email exchange.

That's the source of all my happiness right now, and she is the source of most of the happy memories I have for most of my life. She is a constant reminder that life is worth living, even when it's not going your way at all. She makes me feel loved, she reminds me that I have value in this world, if only to her. She's kept me fighting through countless trials. So even if it's not your traditional happy memory, even if you see this as hopelessly quaint, I wanted to share it anyway in the hope that it helps others to see that there's nothing you can't overcome with a little help from a good friend. Thanks for reading.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Heh...Quite a lot happened this year.

From having my Minecraft mod featured on PC Gamer, Rock Paper Shotgun, GameSpy, and other sites, to making a lot of new online friends, there isn't really one moment I can say was my happiest.

But I guess if I had to pick one, it'd be completing FEZ 209.4% (The highest you can get legitimately). One of the best games I've played in a long time, with an amazing soundtrack, wonderful atmosphere, and nostalgic faux-retro style.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, my happiest moment this year was rediscovering my talent to write. 20k words in a month is pretty good as far as I'm concerned and I love where I'm taking my story. Also, I've been talking with someone here on the 'temp regularly for some time now and I really enjoy hearing from her. It makes my day a lot of the times.

You mean the girl in Australia Blaze? I remember reading that blog, fun times. :D Hopefully you'll get another shot with her. :D

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Spending the holidays with my girlfriend in Wales. I don't mean to post a tear-squeezer here - I was genuinely the happiest man on Earth. When you and your loved one are separated with miles of land and sea, you get to appreciate even the most ordinary things, like having a good meal together or watching a movie. She's coming over to my place in March and I already can't wait - I know we're going to have a blast.

How is spending time in Cardiff ever a good thing?

/Swansea born...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Knowing that there are people who care about you when the going gets tough.
In sickness and in health, in good and bad times.
Who needs a Wiiu if you have all that?
LOVE.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My father's 1 year of death anniversary. Over 100 people came to honor him. Made me very happy to know he was so influential and friendly.
Also, gettin' close to being un-friendzoned.

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attempting and failing to complete the Old Rag mountain trail had to be one of the best moments for me. I know I failed(mostly due to timing) but at least I tried and learned a thing or two about camping.

Finishing my DS & PSP backlog was pretty good as well.

Reactions: Rasas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche