Hardware Tempered glass screen protector at a local store?

JFlare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, Samsung and Intel are the leaders in storage. If you have had to deal with as many SDCards as I have in a corporate/enterprise environment you would know Sandisk is cheap crap. That's why they are cheaper, you get what you pay for.

Well, yes I understand that they are not the best in general, But in my opinion, they are the best. Tho, I don't really use them for much else, other than a small space to save the stuff I don't need, and for hacking :v

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, Samsung and Intel are the leaders in NAND storage. If you have had to deal with as many SDCards as I have in a corporate/enterprise environment you would know Sandisk is cheap crap. That's why they are cheaper, you get what you pay for.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They already did, I have one in my hands right now!

Samsung and Intel being big doesn't mean SanDisk sucks..

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Talking about that.... stay away from the orzly once.
Got mine, they suck up all the dust there is, even when there is a hotshower running for 5minutes and the freaking mirror is oozed with mist.

Also, the alcohol swab scratches. My Switch was scratch free before cleaning (yes, I double checked) and now it got a microscratch after cleaning it with the alcohol swab.

So who ever wished my screen gets scratched before, congrats it's now a tiny scratch on it. Ironicly from the screen protector package...

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm curious to see how long the glass protects last. The Switch's screen is plastic and so it will flex, So I wonder if the glass protector would crack if you press too hard on the screen or drop it from a very survivable height?

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Talking about that.... stay away from the orzly once.
Got mine, they suck up all the dust there is, even when there is a hotshower running for 5minutes and the freaking mirror is oozed with mist.

Also, the alcohol swab scratches. My Switch was scratch free before cleaning (yes, I double checked) and now it got a microscratch after cleaning it with the alcohol swab.

Wow, that's rough. I just applied mine today and it went quickly and flawlessly for me. The only thing is that the microfiber tended to drop dust back onto the screen after multiple wipes, but that was easy to deal with. I got a quick a flawless application, so I'd actually recommend the product.

I should mention that it was the tempered glass protector I was using and not their flexible one. It might be that the flexible one induces a charge much easier and sucks up dust that way.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wow, that's rough. I just applied mine today and it went quickly and flawlessly for me. The only thing is that the microfiber tended to drop dust back onto the screen after multiple wipes, but that was easy to deal with. I got a quick a flawless application, so I'd actually recommend the product.

I should mention that it was the tempered glass protector I was using and not their flexible one. It might be that the flexible one induces a charge much easier and sucks up dust that way.
Orzly as well? Was your alcohol paper really stiff as well?

EDIT: I orderd another from Ebay. Cheaper plus rounded edges.

Last edited by linuxares,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Orzly as well? Was your alcohol paper really stiff as well?
Paper will not scratch the screen. Unless there was some dust already on the screen that got trapped and ended up being used like sandpaper. I have even used "Blue Towel" to clean my screen because it is lint free and way rougher than an alcohol swab, I also use it on my dock to prevent scratching. Are you sure it was a scratch and not a smudge of some sort? Did you not wipe it gently to remove the dust first and proceed to just rub the shit out of the screen to try and clean it?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Paper will not scratch the screen. Unless there was some dust already on the screen that got trapped and ended up being used like sandpaper. I have even used "Blue Towel" to clean my screen because it is lint free and way rougher than an alcohol swab, I also use it on my dock to prevent scratching. Are you sure it was a scratch and not a smudge of some sort? Did you not wipe it gently to remove the dust first and proceed to just rub the shit out of the screen to try and clean it?
I know, this is why I'm pissed. I put on plenty of screen protectors. Never ever been an issue before.
What I did was first to check with my phone over the Switch to check where it was most dirty (fingerprints that is), I blow on it of course to blow away any dust.
Then I gently started to clean it with the alcohol wipe, it was pretty crappy.... so I continued to clean it for like 2 minutes. And of course went "harder" (used a tiny bit more force) where it was dirtier. Then I used the microfiber pad from the package.

Before I even tried applying the first screen (open environment, before the bathroom) it was then when I was looking over the screen before removing the protective screen for the adhesive. I saw the scratch... and that annoyed me like crap since I been taking damn good care of it waiting for the screen protectors.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, it didn't exactly have liquid beading on it, but it left a lot of liquid on the screen when I wiped with it, even when pressing very gently.
Hardly did that for me... Was it something wrong with mine then?

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know, this is why I'm pissed. I put on plenty of screen protectors. Never ever been an issue before.
What I did was first to check with my phone over the Switch to check where it was most dirty (fingerprints that is), I blow on it of course to blow away any dust.
Then I gently started to clean it with the alcohol wipe, it was pretty crappy.... so I continued to clean it for like 2 minutes. And of course went "harder" (used a tiny bit more force) where it was dirtier. Then I used the microfiber pad from the package.

Before I even tried applying the first screen (open environment, before the bathroom) it was then when I was looking over the screen before removing the protective screen for the adhesive. I saw the scratch... and that annoyed me like crap since I been taking damn good care of it waiting for the screen protectors.
Maybe it was already slightly scratched but unnoticeable until being cleaned?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Maybe it was already slightly scratched but unnoticeable until being cleaned?
hey, I might have fatty fingers but it wasn't that bad xD. No it wasn't scratched there. I'm very causious about my things. Hell I even got a Nexus 6 phone that is in more danger of sand etc. and it's scratch free (I don't even have a film on it).

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey, I might have fatty fingers but it wasn't that bad xD. No it wasn't scratched there. I'm very causious about my things. Hell I even got a Nexus 6 phone that is in more danger of sand etc. and it's scratch free (I don't even have a film on it).
Nexus 6 uses corning gorilla glass not plastic.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nexus 6 uses corning gorilla glass not plastic.
I know, Gorilla Glass 3 to be exact. But since it's scratch free and therefore dust isn't what caused this scratch. All points to something wrong with the cleaning pad and I would say the alcohol pad since it wasn't wet as they're suppose to be.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know, Gorilla Glass 3 to be exact. But since it's scratch free and therefore dust isn't what caused this scratch. All points to something wrong with the cleaning pad and I would say the alcohol pad since it wasn't wet as they're suppose to be.
You realize the Gorilla Glass 3 is several orders of magnitude more scratch resistant then plastic screens, right?

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know, Gorilla Glass 3 to be exact. But since it's scratch free and therefore dust isn't what caused this scratch. All points to something wrong with the cleaning pad.

Bummer. Those wipes do dry out on occasion. You can always add a few drops of water to "rewet" them.

wasn't wet as they're suppose to be.

giphy.gif

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You realize the Gorilla Glass 3 is several orders of magnitude more scratch resistant then plastic screens, right?
Yes? But it can't handle dust with sand in it. This is why I took it up. Something is just odd about this why the heck it could scratched. Was it a manufacturing error? Right now I just wish to warn people about it. Try get a hold of amFilms instead since they get a lot better reception than Orzly.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)