Homebrew Tegra X1 power for homebrew?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try apps on Nvidia shield tv, it is tegra x1 after all, if you really need something to compare.
Not sure, but i thougj shield had a lower version of tegra in switch
Idr the name though, tegrak1,?

D

Deleted-379826

Don't forget that the Switch can overclock when in "docked mode" (hooked up to a TV). Jailbraking it would unlock it, kinda like "333 MHz" was on the PSP. But it will obviously draw more power... In "standard mode" the battery lasts a measly ~3h anyway, so when overclocked... probably around ~1-2h. But even so, I would be a happy camper with PSP emulation.

High-end tablets from a year ago or so, can emulate PSP games pretty well. And the Switch is just that. Especially when overclocked.

Edit: About PS2 emulation, I have a pretty baller PC (i7 6700k @ 4.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070) and some games don't run that well on PCSX2, even in software mode. Let alone on the Switch... I guess time will tell. It's great that the Switch has L3 and R3 buttons, but too bad that it doesn't have pressure-sensitive L2 and R2 triggers. :( A lot of PS2 games make use of them. And also, the lack of a proper D-Pad.
Really? On that rig you can't run any PS2 game? I find that very hard to believe.

Jacobh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the replies. It seems like theoretically GBA/SNES emulation which occasionally pushes a PSP / Vita for some games should work at full speed, N64 should be as good as it can be, and maybe a decent library of Gamecube games if we're lucky. I have a PSP, so while the big screen and up-sampled PSP emulation would definitely be an improvement, I think Game Cube would be the big a draw for me.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I think using the vulkan renderer may give better performance than the GPD WIN on dolphin.

This video is 1 year old, but I think it demostrates the gains of vulkan over OpenGL/directx.

Well, that is Shield TV, which runs its CPU cores at 2.0Ghz, whereas the Switch runs at 1.0Ghz. Could cause an issue in the actual emulation. Also, Shield TV runs with Android, which also cuts into available resources. Getting Android on Switch may not leave much for actual apps like Dolphin.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dont ilude yourself. This system is fadded to doom.
I doubt it will play ps2 games at a confortable speed and vita games. Not only because the processor but i think you people are waiting to mutch of the people who will create and adapt the emulators to run with the switch. I belive it's a lot of work for a problematic hybrole.
But good luck with it.

Reactions: zoogie

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont ilude yourself. This system is fadded to doom.
I doubt it will play ps2 games at a confortable speed and vita games. Not only because the processor but i think you people are waiting to mutch of the people who will create and adapt the emulators to run with the switch. I belive it's a lot of work for a problematic hybrole.
But good luck with it.
lol.

Reactions: zoogie

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I also predict DS/3DS emulation, since those consoles and the Switch both use an ARM processor emulation should be less intensive than emulating on PC

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also predict DS/3DS emulation, since those consoles and the Switch both use an ARM processor emulation should be less intensive than emulating on PC
DS? Easily.

3DS? no way, we don't have an emulator on Android yet, and even the PC one isn't mature.

Reactions: Tumoche

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Sorry for the offtopic, but what do you mean by "software mode"?
Software mode doesn't allow you to upscale the resolution, but has better compatibility and performance - as long as you have a decent dual core/quad core with high clock speeds (which is what emulation thrives on, not GPU, you can use an older Geforce 6800 just fine with that emulator).

For example, "Psychonauts" and "Constantine" have graphical glitches and slowdowns, even in this basic mode, "Futurama The Game" has some minor glitches but SEVERE slowdowns during most levels (I barely managed to finish it, with tons of frustration), "Star Wars Racer: Revenge" has a swamp level that crashes the emulator... I guess developers focused on the more "popular" games, like God of War maybe? I don't know, I have both GoW collections remastered on the PS3.

PCSX2 is an emulator in development for fifteen years (according to its Wikipedia page), while a PS2 emulator for the Switch is in development for -4 years.

Last edited by DSpider,

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
PCSX2 is an emulator in development for fifteen years (according to its Wikipedia page), while a PS2 emulator for the Switch is in development for -4 years.

For Android, not for Switch, to be exact.

Though we might get Android on Switch eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls