Teensy.co.uk warning! Fraud

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is an issue with your bank, not the website. I have ordered from Teensy before and didn't get charged any more than was stated.

Edit: Also, Teensy is based in England and ship from England, not China.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
i also ordered a sky3ds...on monday 10am, from new3dscard.co.uk.... i had email 4am tuesday morning saying it had been shipped.
The post out using royal mail 1st class.... but on site it sayd allow 2-5 working days for delivery. I emailed them, they too seem chinese. I had replies, not to every email i sent, but still had replies. They said allow 2-4 working days.
Thing is, if they use royal mail 1st class... thats normally next day delivery or 2 days at most.
Does first class royal mail business post, take longer than normal first class royal mail?

i too am worried that its dodgy or a scam... even though i have read of people saying new3dscard are trustful/reliable and a fast delivery in UK.
Well tomorrow its been 4 days since i got the email stating that it had been shipped....surely if it was sent 1st class, then i wouldve had it wednesday or thursday...unless business first class is a day or two longer than normal first class.

The guy in email did state that it will come from their london warehouse as they have stock there..... but ive heard this story before, but when get item... its from china

anyone on here dealt with new3dscard.co.uk before?

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
I think it is a bit rash to immediately call them out as frauds. Is it so absurd to imagine that a company that deals primarily in goods sourced from China has a payment address there?

Maybe try contacting Sky3DS and ask them how this reseller has been doing for them lately?

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
also why say allow 2-5 or 2-4 working days for delivery... if royal mail also deliver on saturdays...and they use royal mail to post out their items

D

Deleted-355425

i also ordered a sky3ds...on monday 10am, from new3dscard.co.uk.... i had email 4am tuesday morning saying it had been shipped.
The post out using royal mail 1st class.... but on site it sayd allow 2-5 working days for delivery. I emailed them, they too seem chinese. I had replies, not to every email i sent, but still had replies. They said allow 2-4 working days.
Thing is, if they use royal mail 1st class... thats normally next day delivery or 2 days at most.
Does first class royal mail business post, take longer than normal first class royal mail?

i too am worried that its dodgy or a scam... even though i have read of people saying new3dscard are trustful/reliable and a fast delivery in UK.
Well tomorrow its been 4 days since i got the email stating that it had been shipped....surely if it was sent 1st class, then i wouldve had it wednesday or thursday...unless business first class is a day or two longer than normal first class.

The guy in email did state that it will come from their london warehouse as they have stock there..... but ive heard this story before, but when get item... its from china

takes 5 days.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country

Yes, it took a week for my Sky3DS to arrive and when it did it had Chinese stickers all over it and over all of that a Royal Mail recorded delivery sticker. No way was it sent directly from their warehouse because as you say, 1st class is next day or 2 days at most, usually.

They also overcharged me slightly and I never had a response to any of my emails, at least you have. You will get it eventually, you'll just have to be prepared to wait...

I also find it a bit strange as to why they would send dispatch emails at 4 in the morning, mine was the same...

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
takes 5 days.

mech... have you ordered from them then and it took you 5 days?

why state 2-5 working days... when service they use, delivers on saturdays too?

i have asked twice, for them to confirm that my item is sent from their london warehouse as im in uk... and both times they said it will be shipped from london.... somehow i dont believe this though... but why lie?! to get the sales probably grrr

i have looked online though and others state they had it come from london... and also that new3dscard are fast delivery to those in the uk.... not true it seems.
wish they gave option of express delivery... im impatient lol

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it took a week for my Sky3DS to arrive and when it did it had Chinese stickers all over it and over all of that a Royal Mail recorded delivery sticker. No way was it sent directly from their warehouse because as you say, 1st class is next day or 2 days at most, usually.

They also overcharged me slightly and I never had a response to any of my emails, at least you have. You will get it eventually, you'll just have to be prepared to wait...

I also find it a bit strange as to why they would send dispatch emails at 4 in the morning, mine was the same...

yeah i also said this to friends... why 4am? doesnt seem a uk time to dispatch things... unless its sent from a depot? or maybe email sent from china office to inform item been shipped from their london warehouse?

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i also said this to friends... why 4am? doesnt seem a uk time to dispatch things... unless its sent from a depot? or maybe email sent from china office to inform item been shipped from their london warehouse?

Your guess is as good as mine. As I said I did get my product in the end, but I won't be using them again.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
also why say allow 2-5 or 2-4 working days for delivery... if royal mail also deliver on saturdays...and they use royal mail to post out their items
while most of the time royal mail takes 2-3 days, sometimes it takes longer, royal mail only class it as delayed if it takes more than 6 days to arrive....truth is i think teensy are pretty poor on the communication side of things, but sometimes things go wrong, orders get messed up and post goes missing........although i know in the past they where taking pre-orders for stock that was meant to be in very sson, but apparently it was delayed so they ended up taking the flak for it (although they are responcible for not clearly alerting customers they where pre-ordering rather than getting it sent asap)

so yeah customer service could do with some work, but i dont think a week or 2 easy really enough to say fraud or scam....slow and not great at communicating, yeah, but scamming or fraud implies they have no intention of supplying the item

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
its not legal to run a flashcard buisness in the Uk....which is why there isnt many, i ordered from teensy and got mine in like 3 days,

but my friend ordered from 3DSgamerworld.com and got his in 6 days iirc, they also apparently have a UK warehouse....so might be a worthy alternative....and they are cheaper, but i didn't know about them when i ordered mine

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
weird that you had a royal mail recorded delivery stickers on it, when they state they use first class royal mail.also states that their london warehouse has over 600 left in stock... this is why they said it will ship straight from london to me

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
its not legal to run a flashcard buisness in the Uk....which is why there isnt many, i ordered from teensy and got mine in like 3 days,

but my friend ordered from 3DSgamerworld.com and got his in 6 days iirc, they also apparently have a UK warehouse....so might be a worthy alternative....and they are cheaper, but i didn't know about them when i ordered mine

£57 from them.... i may email them and ask if they have uk warehouse for orders within uk... for future orders

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
weird that you had a royal mail recorded delivery stickers on it, when they state they use first class royal mail.also states that their london warehouse has over 600 left in stock... this is why they said it will ship straight from london to me

If you order anything from anywhere in England, estimated postage will always be 2 - 5 days using Royal Mail First Class.

MisterJohnson87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's be honest! Teensy is currently looking like a scam. I know people have received stock from them before but the fact that no one has received anything in two weeks from them or had contact doesn't make them look good!

Gateway themselves are currently investigating teensy so we'll see what happens. Regardless if I get my item I wouldn't ever recommended anyone to order from them again!

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Teensy isn't a scam company. I've used them no end in the past. However, it does appear the company has vanished off the map. No one can get hold of them, customers are chasing orders from 2 weeks ago with no response and everyone's order seems to be sitting at processing. I'd advise anyone not to place an order with then at this moment in time.

PLEYOR

Trophies
XP
Country

I ordered my GW through them, took nearly two weeks to come (This was during Christmas post). It was definitely from China and not any where in the UK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls