Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Whoopi Goldberg? Are you fucking kidding me?

Ugh. These movie adaptations are really getting severely out of hand. This looks worse than Age of Extinction and that was awful.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
There has been a leak with major info about the movie. Check this only if you are ok with spoilers:

IT WILL SUCK.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know, my biggest gripe with the movie, is they're trying to modernize it. And, I'm sorry but no, there's no need to. What was wrong with the foot clan still being ninja's? When did the turtles become so damn big, seriously, bigger than a hummer?

Iono, I'll still see this, but I just think that this will still fail in comparison to the original turtles movie. That had everything right where it actually felt it was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And those re-edits Veho posted of the turtles' faces, THOSE LOOK AMAZING! Why couldn't they add the little round noses/beaks thing?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
You know, my biggest gripe with the movie, is they're trying to modernize it. And, I'm sorry but no, there's no need to. What was wrong with the foot clan still being ninja's? When did the turtles become so damn big, seriously, bigger than a hummer?

Iono, I'll still see this, but I just think that this will still fail in comparison to the original turtles movie. That had everything right where it actually felt it was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And those re-edits Veho posted of the turtles' faces, THOSE LOOK AMAZING! Why couldn't they add the little round noses/beaks thing?

No. NO!! This is what will give those god damn exec's the delusion that its a good idea to reboot these ideas. For gods sake dont see it! If you are a fan of the turtles and are put off by the trailers then wait till its pirated and download it, dont go cinima, dont buy the dvd. I know im only 1 guy but i refuse to go see this crap as a statement. The turtles have gone through many re-designs but this one is too much. They're changing too much and everyone is just following like sheep.

Reactions: the_randomizer

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. NO!! This is what will give those god damn exec's the delusion that its a good idea to reboot these ideas. For gods sake dont see it! If you are a fan of the turtles and are put off by the trailers then wait till its pirated and download it, dont go cinima, dont buy the dvd. I know im only 1 guy but i refuse to go see this crap as a statement. The turtles have gone through many re-designs but this one is too much. They're changing too much and everyone is just following like sheep.

Or you know, you could actually be a normal civilized person who used a bit of his brain and instead see's the film before writing it off. It makes your opinion and point, a lot more valid.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Or you know, you could actually be a normal civilized person who used a bit of his brain and instead see's the film before writing it off. It makes your opinion and point, a lot more valid.

The trailer doesnt interest me. Im physically put off my what they've done to the designs of the turtles, story could be original and maybe its a watchable movie to others but trailers are designed to generate interest for the movie, each new trailer has put me off the idea and im fed up of hollywood just turning to the next classic thing and rebooting it because they cant come up with original ideas. Remember when transformers were cool? Me either.

I watched the original twilight film because my girlfriend argued the same point you just did but that was still a god damn awful movie. Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and this is one book i dont intend to pay to read.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's Michael Bay, that really does go without saying that it will indeed be a piss poor movie with the same bullshit he puts in all of his movies, so....

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first seen the trailer I thought of a few things like many of you. The redesign was horrible, they're now as big as the hulk, since when did turtles ever have lips? why are they wearing too many accessories? I thought shredder was Asian? Megan Fox? Really? explosions.. daylight! more explosions? Micheal Bay :|

I know the 90's movies were cheesy and since then it's to be expected to modernize the cartoons in some way. The new TMNT cartoon for example is a great way to do this. I just don't.. get.. this.. I don't even think kids will get this. It doesn't even look like it'll appeal to kids or old fans.

See that's where the real problem is though. The Nick show is great and I know kids like it too, yet despite this being a Nick movie it has none of the voice actors reprising their roles from the show. In fact It has little to nothing in common with the new cartoon. The movie itself isn't even appealing in the sense that this is supposed to be based off of the cartoon.

Of course this is all my opinion but I won't be watching the movie either. This doesn't appeal to me yet a few of my friends and family are ok with it, so you know people will watch it regardless.

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We pretty much had the same cartoon faces this whole time. I really don't think the faces or nostrils are that bad.

People love to bitch my friend. I'll see it and judge it form that. Just god I hate bay making hot chicks in movies useless. Hopefully she does more than hold up the phone recording them.
I hope its done well.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The trailer doesnt interest me. Im physically put off my what they've done to the designs of the turtles, story could be original and maybe its a watchable movie to others but trailers are designed to generate interest for the movie, each new trailer has put me off the idea and im fed up of hollywood just turning to the next classic thing and rebooting it because they cant come up with original ideas. Remember when transformers were cool? Me either.

I watched the original twilight film because my girlfriend argued the same point you just did but that was still a god damn awful movie. Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and this is one book i dont intend to pay to read.
Twilight is a movie meant for girls who are just phasing out of the sports bras... soo... yeah there was very little chance of you liking it to begin with.

Reactions: Terenigma

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This whole thing just looks like a big ol' bag of Nope to me.

Assuming I was entirely tolerant about everything that idiot did to ruin the turtles, the fact megan fox is in the movie is just a fucking joke. She doesn't fit the role even slightly.

Reactions: the_randomizer

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if people were genuinely upset or paramount decided to play it safe.

Most people weren't really upset, they were just dumbfounded about how something that obvious was missed. Ninja Turtles takes place in NY, building blowing up, released september 11th? Kinda hard not to miss. On the flipside though, if the release date was September 10th or 12th, no one would have bat an eye.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, I forgot the New York part.

I do still find it interesting that people still remember/treat the event as they do, I suppose if it does not happen very often.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: